Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:42 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,630,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Don't worry you folks will get your wish soon and nobody will be paying taxes. Then what will you do? LOL. Any defense of this entitlement landslide we are on is pathetic. Folks used to be ashamed and were mocked for living off others. Nowdays if you work hard and try and make a living your laughed at by the leeches for being a sucker. How times have changed.
No surprise you are having trouble taking two numbers and deciding which one is bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,501,755 times
Who's better off? The single mom popping out baby after baby while living in a dilapidated shack or the family working their ass off but living in a nice neighborhood with access with great schools?

You decide.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,630,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Who's better off? The single mom popping out baby after baby while living in a dilapidated shack or the family working their ass off but living in a nice neighborhood with access with great schools?

You decide.
It's the single mom silly. There is free food at the homeless shelter. And they get $16k per month for medicaid at the homeless shelter.
Prisoners at Rykers have it even better. Free food, shelter and recreation! And personal hygeine items. March on the Whitehouse! Lets go!! Impeach Obama!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:51 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,181,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Partially true!!!

The states are allowed to waive time limits for approximately 25% of their TANF recipients if they qualify() as hardship cases.
Doesn't add any validity to the lying Blogger. I'm sure every state in the country has max'ed their quota of 25% long ago. Know anyone getting section 8? Ask them the time lag and hurdles your need to go thru. And don't earn too much one week, how stupid, because it will kick you off or lower you benefits.

And SSI is not a automatic.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,878,530 times
As Buzzard said earlier, the largest portion on the chart on page one that the low income benefit from is Medicaid (which was said isn't income.) Beyond that, the flaw is that someone earning $60K a year is likely to get employer paid health care. Yet, there is a $0 in the column for health care. That's a sizable omission. My HC is probably worth $16K too. I also get health insurance, a pension, flexible spending, etc.

I conclude this thread is:

Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 PM

16,934 posts, read 12,482,593 times
>Now, the *******s will lie and scream and cry that they are impoverished, but the facts speak for themselves. They are not in poverty at all. They live better than many people live.<

Im centrist and here I hit the wingnuts more than the moonbats (mostly due to current noise level) but that above is right some of the time. 10 years ago I was working at a place where we had a long term temp who had most of the welfare bennies. She lived with her childs father and still collected many of the benefits. The one of a list I remember is medicaid. The kid was 3, and they had been together for like a year and a half before that. She said babydaddy was a CAD operator making at the time low to mid 30s. They had no intentions of getting married tho at 4.5ish years their relationship had lasted longer than some of the people I knew who get married.

Funny tidbit. She, her twin sister and her mom were on Judge Judy over a room mate squabble the twin sister had. Yes it is totally scripted.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 PM

22,107 posts, read 19,318,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Their not my numbers. I simply posted an article. Now all I hear is folks squealing about a number off here and there instead of the real point which is the entitlement insanity that is taking this country over.
I know they aren't your numbers, but you just posted an article without actually checking the number. The numbers in the article are bogus, that is the whole problem.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,894,359 times
The numbers in the article if anything overestimate disposable income at 60k, by not reducing it some for Employee portion of Health Care premiums, and co-pays, deductables. The reality is there should be both a lifetime and annual cap on the sum of government subsidies per person.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,894,359 times
Smash255"Not to mention, the author absolutely lied about the taxes the family making $60,000 paid. Outright lied about it. Do the math, under no circumstances is a family making $60,000 paying the $13,000 in federal and payroll taxes (even without the payroll tax cut taken into consideration"

Assuming the temporary 2% holiday we're excluded, 13.6 is quite possible. It is 22.7 percent, so after SS, that leaves 15k for state, city, plus FIT. Most states are several percent even at that level, as many have pretty much flat taxes. So if we assume 3% state, that leaves 12% for FIT. Hardly an unusual rate.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,878,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Now, the *******s will lie and scream and cry that they are impoverished, but the facts speak for themselves. They are not in poverty at all. They live better than many people live.<

Im centrist and here I hit the wingnuts more than the moonbats (mostly due to current noise level) but that above is right some of the time. 10 years ago I was working at a place where we had a long term temp who had most of the welfare bennies. She lived with her childs father and still collected many of the benefits. The one of a list I remember is medicaid. The kid was 3, and they had been together for like a year and a half before that. She said babydaddy was a CAD operator making at the time low to mid 30s. They had no intentions of getting married tho at 4.5ish years their relationship had lasted longer than some of the people I knew who get married.

Funny tidbit. She, her twin sister and her mom were on Judge Judy over a room mate squabble the twin sister had. Yes it is totally scripted.
So, we should get rid of Medicaid, which mainly benefits the elderly and children because some people scam the system? People commit insurance fraud too. It's not a reason to outlaw insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies