U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which news channel do you watch the most?
MSNBC 8 11.11%
CNN 20 27.78%
Fox News 25 34.72%
Other 19 26.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 AM

4,923 posts, read 4,081,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
What does that even mean, and why do you righties keep throwing around that term? I've heard some people say it's racist, but I honestly don't know why... please explain, if you wish to keep using it without looking silly.
It's very convenient to overlook what you don't want repeated!

Obama's famous .. "This is the time when the oceans" .. CR@P

Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube

Besides 'Chrissy' Matthews "Tingle up my leg" comment we have this ..

Quote:
Newsweek assistant managing editor Evan Thomas tells Chris Matthews that Obama is sort of like a god standing above the country. Just when you thought MSNBC couldn’t get any more slavering and fawning, they pull a hack editor-at-large out of a hat who knocks one out of the ballpark.

Newsweeks Evan Thomas: Obama's 'God - YouTube

EDITORIAL: Obama greater than Jesus

EDITORIAL: Obama greater than Jesus - Politiken.dk

Let's not forget how many times this pose has been used ..

And here is a sign on the window of Obama's campaign headquarters in 2008 .. Lake City, Fla

Of course we have NewsWEAK here ..

And this kind of garbage was relentless and all over the Liberal blog and forum sites ..

I could go on and on with examples of this kind of garbage but .. We all know that your question was insincere (what's anointed one mean?) and WHY DO YOU 'Righties' use it and .. is it 'racist'!?

Simple answer is .. It is YOU and the left wing nuts that have been pushing this CR@P since Way before .. The Anointed One was even elected!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 03:19 AM

1,691 posts, read 1,651,600 times
Oh, get over yourself Mrclose.

I second The Daily Show. Maddow only very occasionally. I love her politics and she does a great job, but generally it's pretty repetitive. Give me news, nit the latest GOP bungles.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 AM

4,923 posts, read 4,081,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Oh, get over yourself Mrclose.

I second The Daily Show. Maddow only very occasionally. I love her politics and she does a great job, but generally it's pretty repetitive. Give me news, nit the latest GOP bungles.
You have problems when questions are asked and answers are given?

Someone asked a question and I answered it.

As far as my 'getting over myself' .. Exactly what does that mean?

Just asking because you came out with that 'catchy' phrase and are probably familiar with a lot of em!?

Do you also know what the 'catchy' phrase .. 'bite me' means?

Just askin!

Old 02-19-2012, 04:03 AM

33,834 posts, read 41,892,438 times
What I've learned from this thread, again, is that many people still don't know the difference between commentary/editorial and news.

For the record I don't watch any news channel or Comedy Central, being so close to DC the local broadcast stations do a good job on national and international stories. That includes the Fox affiliate.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 02-19-2012 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: spelling, because when the message can't be criticized the spelling and grammar will be

Old 02-19-2012, 04:43 AM

914 posts, read 1,163,569 times
Just the nightly news NBC.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:54 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,627,054 times
Al Arabiya, Al Jazeera, BBC, RT, CBC. Anything but American media because it's all uninformative crap. At least foreign propaganda has the occasional useful tidbit of info.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,627,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What I've learned from this thread, again, is that many people still don't know the difference between commentary/editorial and news.
To be fair, the barrier between the two at this point is almost nonexistent in US media.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 AM

36,949 posts, read 45,385,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I used to watch Fox News often, then I switched to CNN, and I recently switched to MSNBC. All I watch now is MSNBC. I love Rachel Maddow and the Ed Show. Which station do you watch the most for your political news?
I cannot really believe you. Nobody could go from watching Fox to watching MSNBC...just would never happen.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,156,622 times
The ONLY news channel I watch anymore is RT for the world news..I watch a few minutes of the sucky local news broadcasts here every couple of days or so and then the rest I get online.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM

34,599 posts, read 33,585,802 times
I used to watch 5 hours of news a day (Fox News) beginning with Cavuto but I got so turned off by them during this election cycle that I'm lucky if I watch 1 hour per day now and that's at 4PM and/or 5PM. My problem with them is they downplay a lot of stuff and they are a tool of the GOP establishment while professing not to be a part of the MSM. I miss Beck, too.

I read a lot of news on line: RedState, Daily Caller, Washington Times, The Hill, The Examiner, Drudge, Glenn Beck, Google News, occasionally Big Government and occasionally Townhall. I also have a number of e-mail news alerts on topics/people that interest me so I read a variety of news sources including lefty stuff on sites like NY Times, SF Chronicle, HuffPo, LA Times, Washington Post, etc. When I'm in the car or at my PC during his time period, I listen to Rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or