Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Students should be educated about drugs and helped with their drug problems. Instead, we throw them in jail and ruin their lives. There is nothing good coming out of the war on drugs. Drugs are ubiquitous and efforts to eliminate them will fail forever.

END THE WAR ON DRUGS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities arrested 17 students at Texas Christian University on Wednesday as part of a six-month drug sting, an especially embarrassing blow to the school because it included four members of the high-profile football team.
Arrest warrants painted a startling picture of the Horned Frogs, with a handful of players who allegedly arranged marijuana sales after class or around practice and who told police that most of the team had failed a surprise drug test just two weeks ago.

TCU drug bust includes 4 football players - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
They should get the death penalty. In fact, if someone does as much as even SAY marijuana, crack, or meth, they should get 20 years in prison.

It's the only way to stop people from taking drugs.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They should get the death penalty. In fact, if someone does as much as even SAY marijuana, crack, or meth, they should get 20 years in prison.

It's the only way to stop people from taking drugs.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Please...i'd never say anything sarcastic on this site.

I meant every word of it. In fact, my heart has become even more coldhearted since my last post. Now, i advocate the Death Penalty if you're even so much as RELATED so someone that's ever taken a drug before!!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please...i'd never say anything sarcastic on this site.

I meant every word of it. In fact, my heart has become even more coldhearted since my last post. Now, i advocate the Death Penalty if you're even so much as RELATED so someone that's ever taken a drug before!!

I figured you were being facetious!

Seriously, notice when you call someone out on here who truly believes that all drug users should die, you don't get a valid response. I mean, at least have the stones to defend your stance, as crazy as it may be.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Students should be educated about drugs and helped with their drug problems. Instead, we throw them in jail and ruin their lives. There is nothing good coming out of the war on drugs. Drugs are ubiquitous and efforts to eliminate them will fail forever.

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Authorities arrested 17 students at Texas Christian University on Wednesday as part of a six-month drug sting, an especially embarrassing blow to the school because it included four members of the high-profile football team.
Arrest warrants painted a startling picture of the Horned Frogs, with a handful of players who allegedly arranged marijuana sales after class or around practice and who told police that most of the team had failed a surprise drug test just two weeks ago.

Those guys are drug dealers. Period. Would you apply the same rest of the drug dealers around the country?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Those guys are drug dealers. Period. Would you apply the same rest of the drug dealers around the country?
I would.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
How is one labeled a victim for violating the law by dealing illegal drugs?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

Presenting this a just marijuana (which I support the legalization of) is dishonest.

I don't see how *we* runined their lives for getting involved in dealer weights of some hard core drugs.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Still, maybe you would be surprised at the number of people who look down upon people who use drugs as being nothing but thick pieces of human scum. Maybe such people even look down upon people who use coffee to wake up in the morning, and so would be open minded to notions of banning coffee.

And consider that in the past an Oklahoma jury actually threw a paraplegic in prison for life, simply because a small amount of marijuana was found on his wheel chair. Maybe the jury was also exhibiting fear and prejudice agaisnt the handicapped.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-16-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies