U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,868,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You would think that with all the wonderful progress of feminism in the last century - the right to vote, the right to divorce at will, contraception and "the pill", the right to have their own children murdered in the womb, the right to romance without strings, the right to reject men for lesbianism, massive economic gains and financial independence, feminist domination of the American workplace, female dominance in academia, a majority of college graduates now being female, etc. etc. etc. - that women would be getting happier and happier and happier!

Instead the reverse is true. The more feminism gains, the more women lose. Women are becoming increasingly more miserable with every nail in the coffin of the patriarchy that once protected them. Read the data: The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness.

SO TRUE, my friend. I know many women who think they have the lives they want, and they are miserable.
I wish more women had a firmer understanding of what we need based on how we were created by God.

Hey ladies...you don't really want to "man up."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Here is the problem. We have now created a society where women can't choose their roles anymore.

If a woman wants to stay at home, raise kids, tend house, she can't do that because most folks can't make it on a single income. The cost of childcare is so high that many women are still forced to stay home to tend kids and the house when they would rather be working.

In a 24/7 non stop society, with few personal connections, and life revolves around a job that most people (including women) don't enjoy, everyone is less happy.

Its got nothing to do with the feminism movement and allowing women to make the choice of what they want to do.

Could also have something to do with the fact that, on average, women make about 70% less then their male counterparts with the exact same qualifications, in the exact same job.

I am not in total aggreeance. It is all about priorities. If a young mother wants to stay home and tend to her child, yes, the income will be less overall, but perhaps the benefits are greater for the family as a whole.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Average day.

I get up at 5, start work. My son gets up at 6, he is on the bus before 7. He gets out of school at 2:30, but doesn't get home until almost 3:30. Then he is off to boy scouts on Mondays, basketball practice on Tuesday and Thursday, as well as the game on Sunday.

Every night of the week he has homework he has to do online, and he is in second grade.

Times have changed.

You can't make it with a family of 4 in most areas on less then 40K without government assistance of some kind, and still expect to be in a decent area, with a decent school, where you don't have to worry about being mugged daily, because the cops sure aren't going to help you.

My sister and her husband both work, and make less money then I do in a given year, and they have three kids. My oldest niece is in advanced placement classes at her school, which requires more internet access at home.

The real world means that you can't make it on one income, without restricting the things to your children they need for their education, which starts the "poverty cycle". You should really research that, its a very important part of American sociology.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger. And that is my PSA for you, today.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,660,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
If women want equality, there it is. If women can hit a man, they need to be prepared and take responsibility for their actions.

And I really doubt most allegations on domestic violence and rape are even true. False accusations are rampant.
Do the voices in the refrigerator tell you these things?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:00 PM

17,447 posts, read 23,897,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do the voices in the refrigerator tell you these things?
No,probably N.M. MacLean writing in Police Surgeon who did a study for the Scottish police showing almost 40 percent of rape reports to be false.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio....aspx?id=67981

Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM

9,850 posts, read 11,883,763 times
We want more lovemaking....that's all!...

Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,660,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
No,probably N.M. MacLean writing in Police Surgeon who did a study for the Scottish police showing almost 40 percent of rape reports to be false.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio....aspx?id=67981
You do realize my post was a rhetorical statement, and that statement was directed at the first sentence in the quoted post, right?

Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 PM

55,572 posts, read 74,459,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
The current divorce rate is much lower then 67 %, and women historically always initiated the vast bulk of divorces.
happy to provide links. the 40% is quoted so frequently by feminists they began to believe it themselves.
not so.
sort of like our current unemployment figures closer we get to election the the lower they are.
btw marriage is down 50%.
the historical indicators that women file more should not be comforting to the sacred defender of family and home. women and men both should be more concerned about the kids.
here is your link for the divorce stats.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/five...-9780802473158
i would like this dismal situation to improve, i think that men & women doing prenup w/o fail--- would help a great deal.
less romance and more clear legal planning from the beginning is needed.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-21-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,630,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm sure you think anyone can redo an entire room in 24 hours on 1K.
I personally don't watch the show, it was your comment about it being your enemy!! I really don't care, it's just you relish on everyone else that make mistakes and point them out, but yours are different.............

Old 02-21-2012, 10:47 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,630,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's what makes me sad about this thread. I just assumed that we were at the point in this country where you didn't have to be labeled with a special title like "feminist" if you're strong and confident--that all women were finally recognized as "people" just like everyone else. Some people (men and women) are whining, sniveling, complainers who blame everyone else for their problems and feel like they have to control others choices to be ok with themselves. Others--both men and women--take charge and do what they need to do to get on with life and take care of their families, including cleaning the house or fixing the car. It makes me sad that we still have to use titles like feminism, because it tells me that we still have a way to go before women and men are seen as human beings first, vs. simply as their gender. I thought we were already there, but this thread, and the recent public debate over what should be totally noncontroversial issues like birth control, tell me we're taking steps back vs. forward.
I agree labels are for people who don't have confidence in man and women. Always, putting the other gender down is a sad way to live your life. Each gender is unique and shouldn't be torn apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies