U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
 
22,769 posts, read 26,099,943 times
Reputation: 14550

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
It certainly seems to have you on the ropes. A little self-confidence could probably help you out with that. Or a little perspective at the very least.



Just about the only thing you got right in this post


Are you speaking from experience? I live in the real world, where absurdities like this wouldn't even find their way into a grown up conversation, let alone happen on a regular basis.

See? This is what happens when I break my own rule of: "When someone's default setting is "loony extremist", it is pointless to even engage in a discussion with them." Point well illustrated!
So let's see.. we have a response full of ad hominem attacks... and a response that notifies me of being on ignore. However, no rebuttals of the fact that feminism is NOT about equality. That's fine, we can do ad hominems today, and we will save the intelligent rebuttals for some other time.

But yeah, like I said, that phenomenon is called the "White Knight" syndrome. The guy who can't get laid often turns into a raging feminist.

I was about to explain that this is a form of projection... and I pulled up the website... and LO AND BEHOLD! Wikipedia has this covered already...

Quote:

Several scholars have suggested that modern feminism is sometimes characterized by projection; denying any female evil or negativity and instead attributing all culpability to men or patriarchy.[16][17]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Humboldt Park, Chicago
2,703 posts, read 2,335,917 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So let's see.. we have a response full of ad hominem attacks... and a response that notifies me of being on ignore. However, no rebuttals of the fact that feminism is NOT about equality. That's fine, we can do ad hominems today, and we will save the intelligent rebuttals for some other time.

But yeah, like I said, that phenomenon is called the "White Knight" syndrome. The guy who can't get laid often turns into a raging feminist.

I was about to explain that this is a form of projection... and I pulled up the website... and LO AND BEHOLD! Wikipedia has this covered already...
Oh, there is projection going on here, but it's not from the feminists. I'm not the one who's acting like my masculinity is threatened by women having equal rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Humboldt Park, Chicago
2,703 posts, read 2,335,917 times
Reputation: 1733
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
But yeah, like I said, that phenomenon is called the "White Knight" syndrome. The guy who can't get laid often turns into a raging feminist.
Again you try to project your own unhealthy experiences onto someone else. Get some help, and try stepping out of cartoonland and interacting with real women. I highly recommend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,653,671 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I would have to say that they resent normal, real men. But they love gay, feminized, self-hating men.
I disagree. The loud, Pseudo Alpha, cocky jack a$$ with high status will always, always be able to get laid, even more so if he has money. Not saying I think it's right or act that way but it's the truth.

It ain't guys buying Chris Brown records or having sex with the Jersey Shore guys, Ben Rapistburgler or the Kevin Federline types.

Women SAY they want a real, normal guy but most don't follow thru when making their relationship choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Humboldt Park, Chicago
2,703 posts, read 2,335,917 times
Reputation: 1733
"Several scholars have suggested that modern feminism is sometimes characterized by projection; denying any female evil or negativity and instead attributing all culpability to men or patriarchy"

And attributing all evil and negativity on feminism is somehow what? More rational? Okay, you win the "Focus on the Fringe" award for the day. Congratulations! And while you argue the evils of some extreme, militant form of feminism that exactly no one here is talking about, the rest of us will be talking about the version that exists in the real world.
Have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 PM
 
39,974 posts, read 24,220,970 times
Reputation: 12568
Regarding this thread, the bottom line isn't whether women are happier or not, a less-than-precise measure, but whether women would want to return to the kind of social and economic restrictions from a century ago. And I seriously doubt any significant number of women would want to be second-class citizens, asking permission of their husbands, fathers, brothers or even sons to live their lives according to their own sensibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,676 posts, read 21,574,093 times
Reputation: 21353
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Regarding this thread, the bottom line isn't whether women are happier or not, a less-than-precise measure, but whether women would want to return to the kind of social and economic restrictions from a century ago. And I seriously doubt any significant number of women would want to be second-class citizens, asking permission of their husbands, fathers, brothers or even sons to live their lives according to their own sensibilities.
Yes. That seems to be the bottom line.
How does anyone even measure and compare collective happiness levels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,822,432 times
Reputation: 2440
I know the Nazis are going to attack me for this, but I fully agree with you. It goes to show that these things are more sensitive than that average normal man. These feminazis will literally attack a man who speaks his mind against feminism, calling him uneducated, can't get a woman, is a misogynist.

And I agree with you about these White Knights. I think they're a normal man's worst nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So let's see.. we have a response full of ad hominem attacks... and a response that notifies me of being on ignore. However, no rebuttals of the fact that feminism is NOT about equality. That's fine, we can do ad hominems today, and we will save the intelligent rebuttals for some other time.

But yeah, like I said, that phenomenon is called the "White Knight" syndrome. The guy who can't get laid often turns into a raging feminist.

I was about to explain that this is a form of projection... and I pulled up the website... and LO AND BEHOLD! Wikipedia has this covered already...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
 
6,965 posts, read 5,399,093 times
Reputation: 2768
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I know the Nazis are going to attack me for this, but I fully agree with you. It goes to show that these things are more sensitive than that average normal man. These feminazis will literally attack a man who speaks his mind against feminism, calling him uneducated, can't get a woman, is a misogynist.

And I agree with you about these White Knights. I think they're a normal man's worst nightmare.
I take it you speak from experience re " uneducated, can't get a woman, and is a misogynist."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,609,991 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Women just want to bake Apple pies and want the Oprah show to return....thats all they want.....bless their hearts
Hardly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top