U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,915,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Charles Koch, his brother and employees have in recent months been getting death threats, hundreds of obscenity-laced hate messages, and harassment from some far left-wing groups, Koch said on Thursday.
“We are under attack from various directions, both with threats of violence against us personally, and with threats of attacks on our businesses,” Charles Koch said Thursday, in a phone interview from his office in Wichita.
Charles Koch, employees reveal e-mailed threats from past year | Wichita Eagle

Obviously the writers of these e-mails didn't hear about the New Civility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:09 PM

4,893 posts, read 2,860,763 times
Sounds to me like the Kochs are conducting a smear campaign

Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,495,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You got that right. The Kochs are just trying to divert attention away from their involvement in the Keystone Pipeline, which is being protested in Wichita this weekend. The Kochs never struck me as whiners, though, so it's interesting that they are doing this.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,788,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Absolutely. They have done everything from funding the bogus democratic candidates and sending out false absentee ballots in wisconsin in an attempt to throw the recall elections, to sending fake eviction notices to people in michigan, and that's just in the past year.
They are the face of the extreme right fascist machine, they will pull every dirty trick in the book and will stoop to any low to get their way.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:32 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,178,582 times
From the link:
Quote:
Bloggers and the Sierra Club have repeatedly tried to tie Koch Industries to the Keystone Pipeline, which if ever completed would send oil from Canada to refineries in Texas. Koch Industries filed an application for intervenor status with the National Energy Board in Canada to receive information about the case. Koch has no financial interest in the Keystone pipeline, Holden said, but this has not stopped Rep. Henry Waxman of California from threatening publicly to demand that Koch Industries testify about the company’s role.
“Testify about what?” Holden said. “We have never had any financial interest at all in the pipeline.”

Read more here: Charles Koch, employees reveal e-mailed threats from past year | Wichita Eagle

Old 02-19-2012, 02:38 PM

780 posts, read 456,954 times
At one point, there were dozens of death-threats per day made against Obama. Probably still are.

You don't seem to be nearly as bothered by threats against the POTUS, so what's you point?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM

This is not a surprise, of course. Michelle Malkin once did a piece where she opened up her e-mailbag. It was full of the most vile, racist, hate-laced stuff you could imagine.

I know there are some haters on the right, in particular a small number of anti-Obama birthers and racists. But it pervades on the left. As I've posted before, I go to my local lefty blogs and I see the most bizarre hater posts. Pooping on opponents lawns, smearing snot around GOP candidate offices, etc. I go to my local conservative blog, and I don't find any of that stuff.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:46 PM

2,265 posts, read 2,762,714 times
Should you be questioning the tolerance of liberals? Aren't they open-minded to different ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is not a surprise, of course. Michelle Malkin once did a piece where she opened up her e-mailbag. It was full of the most vile, racist, hate-laced stuff you could imagine.

I know there are some haters on the right, in particular a small number of anti-Obama birthers and racists. But it pervades on the left. As I've posted before, I go to my local lefty blogs and I see the most bizarre hater posts. Pooping on opponents lawns, smearing snot around GOP candidate offices, etc. I go to my local conservative blog, and I don't find any of that stuff.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:01 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,440,315 times
Of course, obama unleashed his leftist dogs when he insinuated that "oil billionaires" were unfairly attacking his record.

But this is what the Left does - threaten, bully, intimidate, try to shut down free speech.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Should you be questioning the tolerance of liberals? Aren't they open-minded to different ideas?
Not quite sure what you're trying to say...please clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies