Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 05:20 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They are not bullies for not selling the oil. They are bullies because they want to use the oil as a tool to acquire the ability to destroy Israel.
You mean Israel, the neighborhood bully with nuclear weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I read where the saudi's said they are cutting production intead of ramping it up to meet the glut. Prices will rise which is a win win for Obama and his green policies. That is what this is all about IMO. Make the green stuff competitive with the black stuff instead of the other way around then scream well why not buy more windmills and mirrors. My buddies need more money in their bank accounts too which in turn gets handed back to me in an election year. Yippee.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
You mean Israel, the neighborhood bully with nuclear weapons.
Israel is responsible for more Nobel scientists than any other country. sure they are atypical and sometimes hard to get along with and their war against the Palestinians is simply off base. however hated they are a civilization of gifted people which is defending itself from obvious threats.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,217,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Thats not my point. I know Iran has not sold the US oil . But the Op was blaming the US for Iran cutting off Great Britain. WHile the truth is that had everything to do with EU sanction on Iran and not a thing to do with the US
The U.S. influenced the EU to do so, in my opinion, continually saying that Iran is a threat to peace and calling for economic sanctions. In response, the EU invoked sanctions, and now Iran has pulled the plug.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Largely symbolic it is predicted to be the first of many responses by Iran to the sanctions imposed. IMO this is the beginning of an eventual shooting war.

"Oil was a national security issue for the United States...."

From the movie The Kingdom
Ever heard that old saying "Talk Chit,Get Bit"?

That's what the French and Brits did...they let the U.S. talk them into it,now Iran is telling THEM they are breaking up and no longer want to be BFF,not the other way around...I think it's funny as hell really....what a pack of stooges.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 AM

I agree. After what they tried to pull over on us in Iraq they can suck on the gas nozzle for all I care.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
WHile the truth is that had everything to do with EU sanction on Iran and not a thing to do with the US
Problem is no matter what the EU says good or bad about the US, they want the US to be their bodyguard in everything. The US needs to protect its own interests. It doesn't need to take the lead in everything. The US needs to stop meddling in Iranian affairs and let the EU step up to the plate. If the US wants to cut off Iran completely, how about we get rid of its embassy office sitting in the Embassay of Pakistan.
Embassy of Iran in United States

And get rid of its UN mission too. If they want to talk at the UN, they need to fly in, stay a couple of nights, talk and then leave. We don't need their representatives to live here. Even though they state in the following link that it is their permanent mission.

Welcome to the Permanent Mission of Islamic Republic of Iran at the United Nations in New York

Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Saudi just ordered Billions in military hardware.

Guess who is paying for it?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 AM

Saudis trade oil in US dollars so they have piles of it laying around and we turn around and sell em hardware for the same dollars we printed for the price of ink.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Saudis trade oil in US dollars so they have piles of it laying around and we turn around and sell em hardware for the same dollars we printed for the price of ink.
Exactly. The consumer who buys the Oil at inflated prices sends more dollars to Saudi, thereby lowering the cost of bombs, jets, and advising...

Saudi pumps less oil. The price goes up, Americans pay for the hardware.

Nice system if your a military industrialist, or an Oil Trader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies