U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: "You don't need a gun, if you make wise choices in life"
I agree with this statement. 41 14.75%
I disagree with this statement. 237 85.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
 
3,252 posts, read 6,313,500 times
Reputation: 1589

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thanks for proving yourself wrong....people can carry, if they go through the right channels.....it may be and very well looks like a pain n the ASS to get a carry permit in NY...but it can be done...and you have proved it....


I bet you guys would freak out if you knew you can OPEN carry in Philly....YES open carry in Philadelphia....:eek :
---------------------------------------------------------------------

You can open carry in MA, but they request you keep it concealed, so that you don't freak some people out. (I did it for years).
I will state again that CCW in NY (not NYC) is easy as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 AM
 
3,252 posts, read 6,313,500 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sparkle, I have plenty of problems whenever I have to deal with the NICS check. it turns our there is someone in Chicago who has the same 1st, middle and last name as I do, and their SSN is only 2 numbers off of mine. I have yet to have a NICS check take less than 2 weeks.

I usually just buy private now and bypass all the NICS checks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, then, you have a problem. Ever have someone else's mail delivered to your address?
Since you have only demonstrated a sample size of one (i.e. you), and the number of NICS that occur every year is a very large number, your argument is irrelevant because it is statistically insignificant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
 
33,979 posts, read 18,471,262 times
Reputation: 7498
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Yep.

Well, I know it's all how you read between the lines....but to me that little statment means "If you are government, military, or somthing like that on official business" you can carry between states and not be hampered.

Not as a single person going through NY with a full auto M-4.

Just my opinion....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,603,669 times
Reputation: 12532
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
but the island is still surrounded by water, correct?
at least what should be considered water.
Lol I was being sarcastic. Yes. A ferry requires a body of water to operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, then, you have a problem. Ever have someone else's mail delivered to your address?
Since you have only demonstrated a sample size of one (i.e. you), and the number of NICS that occur every year is a very large number, your argument is irrelevant because it is statistically insignificant.

yeah, statistically insignificant to everyone but me.
the NICS check is still something that should not even exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:32 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 13,006,360 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Lol I was being sarcastic. Yes. A ferry requires a body of water to operate.

true, but I have heard that the water there is sometimes not even referred to as water. it looks like water, but that is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
 
3,252 posts, read 6,313,500 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, I know it's all how you read between the lines....but to me that little statment means "If you are government, military, or somthing like that on official business" you can carry between states and not be hampered.

Not as a single person going through NY with a full auto M-4.

Just my opinion....
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure is an opinion, though not based on fact.
How do you think I get my Ma Deuce to upstate NY (not NYC), or Knob Creek? It's called BATFE Form 5320.20. Not exactly rocket science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,518,304 times
Reputation: 22276
Prohibition of guns doesn't work. Look at Mexico for example, they try to make guns illegal and they have more homicides than ever. Far more than we do in some places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 51,269,072 times
Reputation: 24611
If I have a good enough reason to travel in a place I consider dangerous I have the forethought to be armed. There is also the consideration that a safe place can have the ocassional crazy. If you really think about the dangers you will always be armed and alert. That is just the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,273,360 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
What were Gabrielle Giffords bad decisions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top