Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,979,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Yes I am sure "your people" are "black" just like my penis hangs below my knees! Good to see you "brotha"!
lol, I was thinking along those lines somewhat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Try again, I can't seem to get pass the ignorance in your post to attempt to have an adult conversation with ya.
Yep, its time for me to leave this segment of CD good posts!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Their own self interest? What would that be? Being dependent on the government for the rest of their lives?
Now where do you get this notion that the vast majority of much less the majority of voting African Americans depend on the government for anything?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:40 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Again, that's been going on for decades now (although I have to note, I haven't seen states for native Americans, they could well be worse), and we know it's because employers are reluctant to hire black workers in particular. Obama can't fix decades-long racism on his own, but the fact is that his Stimulus bill helped, and the GOP actively demagogues against fixing this issue.

Quote:
So...because it's been high before, it's ok for it to be even higher under Obama becuz he's a black man?? Okay. But he did say it would be better on his watch. It's not. Time to be accountable.
In that case, I'll be driving much less.

Quote:
Well God bless you my son! Some folk still have to drive. And some folk even make their living driving. Oh...and those black owned mom and pops won't be seeing those customers as much beacuse it cost too much to drive to their shops. And then that black cashier?? Well...we gotta lay her off, cuz our profits are down. But hey!! We got a black prez! Don't it make you feel good??
Again, if you want to fix this, then don't let hedge funds speculate. Energy use is *down*, so there's no other reason for prices to be rising. It's the same reason why it hit $4/gallon under GWB in 2008.

Quote:
It's not just speculation and you know it. And even if it was, is that a good enough reason to NOT get oil from an ally and continue to be at the mercy of countries that hate us And stifle 20,000 good paying jobs?? Bush had gas over 4 dollars, please tell me you didn't criticize him. I mean, if Obama is doing it to your satisfaction, surely Bush's high prices were no problem to you.
Not sure why I should object. Nobody's forced to abort, I'm pro-choice, if individual black women choose to get abortions, it's not my business.

Quote:
Google the Negro Project and MAAFA 21 educate yourself.

Again, why should I be upset over this?

Quote:
Because I want more black people. ...not less. And because of the amount of black babies we have killed Hispanics out number us. Diminished numbers means dwindling political influence. Why do you think Obama is courting the Hispanic vote more than ours?
Well, for starters, he isn't calling black people brainwashed plantation slaves who don't know how to work, unlike many of his GOP opponents. It helps when the president isn't actively attacking black people as stupid and lazy.

Quote:
Who said we were stupid and lazy? It seems to me that if any GOP candidate says try to find work doing anything that will pay, always gets called racist. Also,,,what do you call voting for the same people and party no matter what they do??
Even GWB understood that point, actually. Of course, the Obamas are particularly well-placed to fight those ugly stereotypes, since they are such a stark contrast to that sort of Birth of a Nation stereotyping.

Quote:
Especially since one side of Obama's family is entirely white. And his black side has absolutely no roots in this country. Not one African American in his family tree. Obama is the only one and he's bi-racial.
Beyond that, we now have a Civil Rights Division that actually does their jobs, supreme court justices that don't demand ridiculous standards for discrimination lawsuits (although sadly, we still have 5 justices who want the absurd standards in place).

Quote:
Yep....Ol' Barack is carrying on the fine traditions of Georgie! We still got GITMO open! We still got rendition! We still got the Patriot Act! Cuz we all know that nothing got done before. He's a killing machine. He smoked an American citizen without due process!U.S. drone strike in Yemen kills U.S.-born Al Qaeda figure Awlaki - Los Angeles Times
I'm sure that cat would have loved to be water-boarded instead! LOL I have no complaints on any of this. But Obama lovers didn't vote for him to be Bush the Third! All of these are civil rights violations by Liberal standards! But we haven't heard a peep outta you guys!

Those are actually important in terms of fixing the unemployment and wealth disparities. Black GLBTs have seen progress under Obama, of course. And of course, stronger environmental protections aids black communities, which tend to be more polluted than white communities are.

Quote:
Many of our communities are dirty because we don't take care of them. We litter....we don't maintain our buildings in certain urban neighborhoods.
And please tell me where things are better because of Obama.
And the health care law will help close the gap that black people face in terms of health care, both by making coverage more affordable, and by banning exceptions for "pre-existing conditions" such as high blood pressure that black people tend to have. I like that much better than the "You don't live as long, so you should support Social Security privatization" talking point the GOP favors.
Premiums are already going up from Obamacare. How is this affordable?? Insurance companies have to have pre-existing clauses or they would go belly up. I know folks with hyper tension that have policies. They just pay more. That's fair, if you are asking and insurance company to assume your risk.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Just what Obama wants. Socialized medicine. Get rid of all insurance companies and don't have companies we work for cover us. Let the government take it over lock, stock and barrel.

Only problem with that is we won't have any say on what coverage we want or what kind we will get.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Try again, I can't seem to get pass the ignorance in your post to attempt to have an adult conversation with ya.
Tie this on then........

Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube

Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform - GloZell - YouTube

Idiots who voted for Obama - YouTube

Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 PM

CNN Shocked Black Men Not Voting Obama - YouTube

Check out how pompous and presumptuous this CNN host is to these black men......

Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM

220 posts, read 475,438 times
You're asking too much. Blacks don't even hold the people in their own neighborhoods accountable, you don't really expect them to hold BO accountable? It's not who they are. Holding people accountable is not what blacks do.

Black crime, OOW births, poor school performance, the ongoing use of the word Niqqa,etc..........blacks act like they don't care. They were just happy to see a "black" face in the white house. As a black myself, I think, hands down, blacks have to be the dumbest race in America, whites are gaining on us fast.

It's actually embarrassing to be black at times. We have gone backwords and still losing ground. It's pathetic. Oh, but we have a "black" President!

Last edited by TheHitman; 02-21-2012 at 01:17 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Premiums are already going up from Obamacare. How is this affordable??Insurance companies have to have pre-existing clauses or they would go belly up. I know folks with hyper tension that have policies. They just pay more. That's fair, if you are asking and insurance company to assume your risk.
Do you realize what you are saying?

Premiums have gone up way before Obama

Sorry, its the other way around, no its not fair that pre-existing conditions should pay more, the insurance companies have padded there pockets for years. Hypertension is high blood pressure, usually most people will have high bp sooner or later. The insurance companies are not going to go under as well as the drug companies, they are busy lining the pockets of our politicians.

Any person who thinks a child with a pre existing condition should not be covered by insurance should be ashamed of themselves

Premiums have gone up since 2000 before Obama, in 2002 my policy went up from $175 to $425 per month in 3 years time and that was at the beginning of 2005 no Obama around then.

You can get hypertension just from being in the politics forum.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
You're asking too much. Blacks don't even hold the people in their own neighborhoods accountable, you don't really expect them to hold BO accountable? It's not who they are. Holding people accountable is not what blacks do.

Black crime, OOW births, poor school performance, the ongoing use of the word Niqqa,etc..........blacks act like they don't care. They were just happy to see a "black" face in the white house. As a black myself, I think, hands down, blacks have to be the dumbest race in America, whites are gaining on us fast.

It's actually embarrassing to be black at times. We have gone backwords and still losing ground. It's pathetic. Oh, but we have a "black" President!
Ugh, what a post, of course that's your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies