Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times

Advertisements

ALL GORE ADMITS HE WAS WRONG

NASA MISLEADS ON GLOBAL WARMING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Wordpress? You're kidding, right? It's a friggin' blog...I asked you to back up your words with evidence, not some other warming denier's words...You can't do it because ALL of the evidence says I am correct.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
You forgot to mention that he sky is falling, as well.
Who said that the sky is falling? The earth is warming, that's a fact...Some of the effects will be good, and some, not so good...It is better to be prepared rather than bury your head in the sand, don't you think? Most of it won't effect us all that much, but it will effect our kids and grandkids.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wordpress? You're kidding, right? It's a friggin' blog...I asked you to back up your words with evidence, not some other warming denier's words...You can't do it because ALL of the evidence says I am correct.

Doh!! follow the links to the actual source !!! What are you afraid of ??

Finding the actual EVIDENCE ???

Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
If you don't believe, you realize people will think you are stupid.

Quote:

Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 AM

You do realize you are arguing that we can change - THE SUN ? Our temps on earth are controlled by an object that is 93 million miles away.

Have you ever even taken the time to think how utterly ridiculous your claims are ??

God HIMSELF says - The Earth abides forever (He makes this promise over a dozen times) - YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIM - you choose to believe Al Gore ?

Yet you have no proof - just words from other people you don't even know or associate with.

I choose to believe The Creator and what HE HAS TO SAY!!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
You do realize you are arguing that we can change - THE SUN ? Our temps on earth are controlled by an object that is 93 million miles away.

Have you ever even taken the time to think how utterly ridiculous your claims are ??

God HIMSELF says - The Earth abides forever (He makes this promise over a dozen times) - YOU DO NOT BELIEVE HIM - you choose to believe Al Gore ?

Yet you have no proof - just words from other people you don't even know or associate with.

I choose to believe The Creator and what HE HAS TO SAY!!
Where are you getting this stuff? Certainly not from me! I don't think we have a hope in hell of changing the fact the the climate is warming up, and have never claimed that we could. As a matter of fact I seriously doubt that us puny humans can even slow it down.

As far as Gore is concerned, he is not a scientist, but just an opportunist involved in the controversy just to gain fame and fortune...I prefer to believe the hard evidence and data rather than that whacko.

I suggest you keep your bible babble and your god to yourself...It means nothing to me.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Who said that the sky is falling? The earth is warming, that's a fact...Some of the effects will be good, and some, not so good...It is better to be prepared rather than bury your head in the sand, don't you think? Most of it won't effect us all that much, but it will effect our kids and grandkids.
I recognize climate change as a fact of nature. It has been doing that as long as there has been at atmosphere to have a climate in. It is natural and not caused or preventable by mankind. .

If you want to be worried over climate change, worry that it might start going in the other direction, because a slightly-warming earth is infinitely more-desirable that the next ice age, which might be just around the corner.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Anybody seen a Wooly Mammoth lately?

Does it matter?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 PM

758 posts, read 591,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I am concerned as a Global Warming voter that no presidential candidate is addressing what they will do to save the planet.

Who should Global Warming voters vote for in 2012?
It is real alright, but the correct terminology for it now is global climate change. I'll be voting for Obama again in 2012. With any luck, he'll sign the Kyoto Protocol and cajole the UN to put more sanctions on China regarding their emissions. Without further ado, I hope they pass new fuel standards on cars requiring them to get about 40 MPG. Either that, or they should give the automotive industries tax incentives to make electric cars or vehicles fueled by algae. The first thing they must do is put a limit to all the campaign finance politicians get and outlaw lobbyists who do nothing but obstruct progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies