U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM

1,657 posts, read 584,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
"Clowns" like me helped build this country! You, know people who have Common sense.
I don't have to look at the Internet to know that the climate has always changed. Always. Temps fluctuate. It happens. And it has been happening since before there where humans and it will continue to happen when we are gone.
And your expertise in climate sciences is...?

So you also debate your doctors in a cancer diagnosis?

Is there any science (or, for that matter, experts in any field) you listen to? What makes you the expert in climate sciences that you can discount people who have, combined, hundreds to thousands of years studying this field?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,616,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
So says right wing radio and a few paid "scientists" who are shills for the fossil fuel industry,

Peer-reviewed studies by real climate scientists disagree with you.

It's pure intellectual dishonesty on your part, politicalizing science like this. Why don't we listen to the experts who publish peer-reviewed studies?
Ill get any results you want if would pay me a million bucks so I didnt have to get a real job Peer Scientists pff yea right

Old 02-20-2012, 02:04 PM

15,147 posts, read 6,549,584 times
Quote:
So you accept the word of one science teacher, who is refuted by 99.x% of the climate scientists of the world?

"Climate change" is the accurate scientific term.

"Global warming" is used by laypeople who don't know any better.

I also believe more scientists than that, i also believe the scientists that believe that global warming is bunk.

please dont say climate change, as the planet earth has been in climate change since the planet was born.

calling it climate change is just being untruthful, as climate change has always been there.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:05 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,966,649 times
I'm not sure if this is the affects of global warming or we are just lucky this year, but it's been unusually ''warm''(upper 30s, 40s, and a few 50s) in Chicago during a month that has the reputation of being the coldest or second coldest of the year. I gotta say I'm loving this winter.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,616,681 times
Global warming is what the whole scam was called till a few years ago. It got its name changed after The warming part was proven bS. So anything out of the norm can be lumped in with Climate change more BS

Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM

15,147 posts, read 6,549,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the affects of global warming or we are just lucky this year, but it's been unusually ''warm''(upper 30s, 40s, and a few 50s) in Chicago during a month that has the reputation of being the coldest or second coldest of the year.

if next janurary is colder than usual, will you then say it is an upcoming ice age?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the reality is that mans affect on climate change is miniscule at best. one volcano puts out MORE carbon emissions in one eruption than man does collectively in one year. and there are thousands of volcanos constantly putting out large amounts of carbon emissions each year.

include in that the amount of methane gas generated by animals, methane gas by the way is in fact more pervasive than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas, and natural methane that is also constantly emitted into the atmosphere each year, an you begin to see that the reality is in fact that mans contribution is miniscule to the point of insignificance.

as i have said agw climate change is politically motivated. read the climate protocols that have been negotiated and you will come to the same conclusion. all that is going to happen is wealth will be transferred from the rich countries in the world to the poor countries in the world through the UN in the form of a carbon tax.

again it is a wealth transfer and nothing more.
It is not a transfer of wealth. That is absurd and the rantings of a paranoid.

Several of the things you said are true,a nd do contribute to climate change. Man does as well.

Let me use the transitive theory:

CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
Greenhouse gasses, by definition, cause the planet to warm, resulting in a climate change.
Man produces CO2.
Therefore, man contributes to climate change.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the affects of global warming or we are just lucky this year, but it's been unusually ''warm''(upper 30s, 40s, and a few 50s) in Chicago during a month that has the reputation of being the coldest or second coldest of the year. I gotta say I'm loving this winter.
The mistake people make is attributing one season or weather event to climate change. Climate is the sum of events over a long period of time.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Ill get any results you want if would pay me a million bucks so I didnt have to get a real job Peer Scientists pff yea right
Peer review is the standard by which the scientific community accepts findings in a discipline. See, you learned something today!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM

15,103 posts, read 7,563,115 times
Quote:
It is not a transfer of wealth. That is absurd and the rantings of a paranoid.
it is exactly a transfer of wealth. the UN will tax the rich countries, and use that money to help the poor countries develop their economies. if that is not a transfer of wealth then nothing is.

Quote:
Several of the things you said are true,a nd do contribute to climate change. Man does as well.

Let me use the transitive theory:

CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
Greenhouse gasses, by definition, cause the planet to warm, resulting in a climate change.
Man produces CO2.
Therefore, man contributes to climate change.
as i said, man contributes a miniscule amount each year compared to what nature contributes. mans contribution is insignificant, and well with in the margin of error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies