U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Reputation: 1728

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>The Tea Party is a true grassroots movement to restore our country<
Koch Bros cough Koch Bros. Both groups are backed by billionaires. Just different billionaires.

TP is a multitude. Some are ridiculous hypocrites like old people on Medicare and SS riding a govt provided scooter protesting govt Obamacare, some are business owners who work 90 hour weeks. They do have one HUGE thing over OWS: FOCUS.

OWS has been co-opted in many respects by anarchists and hippies, going from a fairly popular "lets crack down on Wall Street" to a full blown case of ADHD hodge podge of issues for everything left of center.
This is total left-wing propaganda and paid for by George Soros ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,814,716 times
Reputation: 646
I think the original tea party, prior to 2009, was an anti-tax movement. That changed after Obama taking office, at with point it became the anti-Obama party. Aside from that, there really is no clear agenda they have. They seem to be all over the place on issues that have nothing to do with taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Reputation: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This is false.

There's actually a great thread discussing the meaning of socialism, fascism, communism, etc. It's very informative, if I find the link I'll post it (slow day at work today).

We already have several aspects of socialism at play in our country. The major issue is what should be socialized, and what should remain in the private sector. Ex. Healthcare

It is going to take a balance for us to survive the current situation we're in IMO.
You dont seem to understand the situation we are in. We, as in you and I, have no say in the direction our government is taking us. We will end up in a very controlled society where we get no choices, no rights and no control over what we say or do. The "Change" has been in progress for decades but we are very near the final phase. The economic collapse was not caused by greed and foolish people ... the collapse was carefully planned and executed as part of the "change". This is basic regime change 101 and the sooner you realize that the sooner you will stop aiding the real enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,814,716 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You dont seem to understand the situation we are in. We, as in you and I, have no say in the direction our government is taking us. We will end up in a very controlled society where we get no choices, no rights and no control over what we say or do. The "Change" has been in progress for decades but we are very near the final phase. The economic collapse was not caused by greed and foolish people ... the collapse was carefully planned and executed as part of the "change". This is basic regime change 101 and the sooner you realize that the sooner you will stop aiding the enemy.
The economic collapse happened before Obama took office, it happened before the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Reputation: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The economic collapse happened before Obama took office, it happened before the election.
Thats right ...
This is not a democrat vs republican thing ... it never was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,814,716 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Thats right ...
This is not a democrat vs republican thing ... it never was.
You just said there was a regime change. If you weren't talking about Obama, what were you talking about???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Reputation: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
You just said there was a regime change. If you weren't talking about Obama, what were you talking about???
I was talking about Obama ... and Bush ... and Clinton ... and Bush ... and keep going ...

Has there been any difference between them ?

Democrat or Republican is only used to split the people ... To make people think they have a choice ... There is really not much difference between a democrat and republican politician ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
 
3,502 posts, read 1,814,716 times
Reputation: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I was talking about Obama ... and Bush ... and Clinton ... and Bush ... and keep going ...

Has there been any difference between them ?

Democrat or Republican is only used to split the people ... To make people think they have a choice ... There is really not much difference between a democrat and republican politician ...
So there is a regime change, but there is no difference happening during the change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Reputation: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
You just said there was a regime change. If you weren't talking about Obama, what were you talking about???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So there is a regime change, but there is no difference happening during the change?
No ... I didnt say that. There will be a regime change ... and there will be major changes. Our government has been driving in this direction for decades. We are almost to the point where the biggest change will occur ... the end of capitalism ... the end of democracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
 
33,046 posts, read 21,952,602 times
Reputation: 8962
I've been completely unable to find ANTHING on this, but I'm guessing that owning a home or not is the biggest difference between TP and OWS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top