Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I believe they are all Christians.
They are Republican, so they must be true Christians (). Gingrich juggles multiple women, and he is not even the Mormon in the bunch. Romney believes in multiple Gods, and that he himself might one day be a God, and Santorum can't stop talking about what a super Christian he is. I am not impressed, but then again, there is a fourth guy, Ron Paul, who seems to understand that faith is not a political weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Actually I know about the Mormon religion.As Jesus said, If they preach in my name do not stop them . They that are for me are not against me. I also know of many Christian sects that have many different beliefs..of which I question. God will sort them out . The wheat from the tares.

If you dare read what Black theology belief is , one can see why it is not a religion that brings the races together in Christ. It is a dividing belief. I am opposed to that being a Christian faith as it is built on resentment , hate and division. It will never stand in front of God as a true belief in Christ.
Black Liberation Theology calls for treating all people as equals.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
What about the belief that the white man is the devil?
As a Christaian do you lie on a regular basis???...Where did Pres. Obama or any Leader in Rev. Wright's former church EVER stated that the white man is the Devil.

Unfortunately, I believe you to be one of those mislead Christians, the ones that believe their stinking crap, is angelic drops from heaven...

Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where in any of that does it show that Dr. Cone believes whites are the devil?
Here are some quotes of Hal and his beliefs.. I guess you didn't read it.

While it is true that blacks do hate whites, black hatred is not racism.

"Black Power seeks not understanding but conflict; addresses blacks and not whites; seeks to develop black support, but not white good will." [Black Theology and Black Power, Page 16]

the demonic forces of racism are real for the black man. Theologically, Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man "the devil." The white structure of this American society, personified in every racist, must be at least part of what the New Testament meant by the demonic forces." [Black Theology and Black Power, pp. 39-41]

and many more of these dividing quotes are found in the post of Black Liberation Theology.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:04 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
As a Christaian do you lie on a regular basis???...Where did Pres. Obama or any Leader in Rev. Wright's former church EVER stated that the white man is the Devil.

Unfortunately, I believe you to be one of those mislead Christians, the ones that believe their stinking crap, is angelic drops from heaven...
black power or black liberation theology is satanic and hateful and will never bring the white and black races together Period!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Some scholars of black theology noted that controversial quotes by Rev. Wright may not necessarily represent black theology.[14] James Cone responded to these alleged controversial comments by noting that he was generally writing about historic white churches and denominations that did nothing to oppose slavery and segregation rather than any white individual.[12]Hoover Institute fellow Stanley Kurtz, in a political commentary in National Review, wrote that

Cone defines it as "complete emancipation of black people from white oppression by whatever means black people deem necessary." For Cone, the deeply racist structure of American society leaves blacks with no alternative but radical transformation or social withdrawal. So-called Christianity, as commonly practiced in the United States, is actually the racist Antichrist. "Theologically," Cone affirms, "Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man 'the devil.'" The false Christianity of the white-devil oppressor must be replaced by an authentic Christianity fully identified with the poor and oppressed.[15]

Just so that sane people and people that want truth and not slanted out of context quotes can understand.

What Taranova has attempted and failed to do (Thank God) is suggest that Prof. Cone is calling white people the Devil, that's a lie!!

Prof. Cone has stated that HISTORICAL white churches and congregations not only stood by and allowed the enslavement of Black people but in many cases actually preached that it was natural and God given, that God preached that captivity was the natural condition of Black People and that they were happy in their God ordained role.

White congregations also distorted and perverted the "curse of Ham" as another excuse to turn a moral and blind eye away from the suffering of fellow humans and Christians.

There were many other perversions and distortions that the white church used in justifying and unjustifiable practice.

"Theologically," Cone affirms, "Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man 'the devil.'"

Key word any Christian should know, is "theologically" which in no way makes the assertion that something or someone is "literal".

So "theologically can one make the claim rationally, logically, and biblically that the actions of the white church was demonic or of the Devil??..of course.

The Devil seeks to destroy the human soul. The Devil seeks to cause man to become an immoral, unloving, base creature. The Devil desires that false teaching become common and accepted and the scriptures be perverted to satisfy man's fallen nature. The Devil desires that families not know their genealogy.

I could go on all night, but the point is made. Slavery and the white church's role in it was "theologically" performing the work of the Enemy.

Unfortunately Taranova is unable to see this for what it is, that usually happens when you put more faith in men than in the WORD.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I'm not sure its possible to be a member of the right wing and not be a hater/bully/bigot
No. You can be. But it makes you a member of a tiny minority. To be conservative, yet culturally aware and intellectually curious draws more criticism from the bumper sticker mentality-molded ringers than it does from liberals. When someone lives on the extreme ends on the far right, EVERYBODY is to the left of you. Reagan would be a RINO today.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are Republican, so they must be true Christians (). Gingrich juggles multiple women, and he is not even the Mormon in the bunch. Romney believes in multiple Gods, and that he himself might one day be a God, and Santorum can't stop talking about what a super Christian he is.
Romney believes this:

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

He also believes this:

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." (Romans 8:16-17)

and this:

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)

and this:

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. (Revelation 2:26-27)

and this:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." (Revelation 3:21)

Quote:
...there is a fourth guy, Ron Paul, who seems to understand that faith is not a political weapon.
Please tell us how Romney has used faith as a political weapon.

Last edited by Katzpur; 02-22-2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Actually I know about the Mormon religion.As Jesus said, If they preach in my name do not stop them . They that are for me are not against me. I also know of many Christian sects that have many different beliefs..of which I question. God will sort them out . The wheat from the tares.

If you dare read what Black theology belief is , one can see why it is not a religion that brings the races together in Christ. It is a dividing belief. I am opposed to that being a Christian faith as it is built on resentment , hate and division. It will never stand in front of God as a true belief in Christ.
Man, please. If black folks were smarter, we would've BEEN jettisoned this Christian stuff. Sitting around like fools worshiping a white Jesus has done NOTHING for black folks. Bring the races together? WTF? We were given that faith under slave conditions and when slavery was over, we practiced that faith under segregation....sponsored by the descendants of the same people that gave us the religion and enslaved us in the first place.

And you wanna talk about "resentment, hate and division" as it pertains to Black Liberation Theology and call it a "dividing belief?"

What a joke.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:13 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
I believe they are all Christians. None preach hate or division as Obama does.
>Santorum
>DOesn't preach hate

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

that was two funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies