Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Really? Exactly what was right in his actions? Can you explain in detail?

He caught a criminal instead of letting him escape. I know thats not how its done in Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:05 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Respectfully, I disagree with some of your statements.

The 2A says nothing about "The right to keep and bear arms" ONLY FOR DEFENSE.

"then grabbed a gun and went out patrolling the neighborhood. You can't do that".

Yes you can.
No you can't. Conceal and carry laws don't give you the right to deputize yourself and become a vigilante.

Carry a gun if you want, just don't play cops.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Look Rick, I'm just angry, I know your right, you are...I'm just so sick and tired of first...cops putting they're lives on the line and they make so little money....American's should be ashamed of themselves for paying them so little...you take a corporate CEO, who makes 9 million dollars in bonuses, for doing what? Hiring consultants to tell them how to do they're jobs????? But you pay our police anywhere from 28,000 - 56,000 a year for risking they're lives? What is wrong with this picture...and most cops today have to not only have a degree in law enforcement, but be able to speak fluid Spanish??????

And second, like I said, criminals are scum...they think being criminals for a living is ok...killing and robbing...????

I know we should stick by the laws, however, it is most unfortunate today, that the laws protect the criminals.

My cousin, managed a small store, 3 Spanish guys walk in, push her to the floor, stand on her back and hold a gun to her head...for what...a freaking lousy 300.00. They got her wallet, with her address....she stood up to them and prosecuted them...however, the judge knuckeledd under to the attorney's and canceled the hearing 3 times, in hopes that the people testifying against them, wouldn't take off of work to come back...but they did...even my cousin's boss yelled at her for taking off work to go back each time to testify....she had nightmares for years....and to this day shakes....had counseling, the whole nine yards...because the criminals in this country don't care...and people do not realize how dangerous the gangs are and how powerful they are....all 3 of them are out of prison now...and probably doing the same thing...and it's the taxpayers money that arrests them, does the paper work on them, takes them before the judge, then we pay for they're court hearings, and even pay for them when they're in jail...then we let them out, and it's a vicious circle.

yeah, I'm ranting, cuz I don't and can't believe citizens in the U.S. put up with this...and allow this to happen?????

Sorry for the rant....

I'll shut up now....
I am as outraged as you. This country has lost it's balls. We've allowed the bleeding hearts to give more rights to criminals than the victims. I've been victimized and until a person has been they have no understanding of the rage against the wimpifycation of our nation.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO shooting into the ground is dealdy force....HAHAaaaaaaaaaaaayea, now who is wrong....haha........
You are wrong again, what else is new
Quote:
§7-8. Force Likely to Cause Death or Great Bodily Harm. (a) Force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm, within the meaning of Sections 7-5 and 7-6 includes:

(1) The firing of a firearm in the direction of the person to be arrested, even though no intent exists to kill or inflict great bodily harm

Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
He caught a criminal instead of letting him escape. I know thats not how its done in Boston.

No, Mass is a retreat state. If a criminal comes into your home your supposed to retreat to the second floor. If he follows you, you are supposed to jump out a window.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
You are making a lot of assumptions in this thread. I really don't care if you are an instructor or not...
What assumptions? List them in detail. You assumed shooting into the ground is safe. My argument is that it's not.

Quote:
No he did not, he realized his house had been broken into looked around and seen someone climbing out of a neighbors window....how does that constitute "He went out patrolling"?

Yes, he grabbed his gun and went out walking around.

Man said he fired to stop burglar, now faces felony charges | New Hampshire NEWS03

Quote:
And I'm glad that if you lived next to me, found your house had been robbed looked around and seen someone climbing out of my window, you wuold just sit there and say nothing....

When did I say that anyway? Please quote that post.
BTW: ROFL @ "seen someone"

Quote:
He fired into the ground, and even Penny Dean says (the spokeswoman for the Gun owners of NH).

[LEFT]This homeowner fired at the ground, from all accounts, in a safe direction and held a burglar for police and did things correctly,

Gun owners of NH? What do you think she's going to say to the press? the ground is not a safe direction- period. Sorry, chief. If you think it is you need training.

Quote:
Now you are stretching, cause yuo want to be right....so, you Rick Roma went to see exactally where this bullet hit the grouond and was covered with rocks....[/color]

Um, not really. I just know that firing a gun into the ground is not a safe direction. The guy is lucky nothing else happened due to his reckless actions.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
[quote=outbacknv;23090704]
Quote:
You are making a lot of assumptions in this thread. I really don't care if you are an instructor or not...

No he did not, he realized his house had been broken into looked around and seen someone climbing out of a neighbors window....how does that constitute "He went out patrolling"?

And I'm glad that if you lived next to me, found your house had been robbed looked around and seen someone climbing out of my window, you wuold just sit there and say nothing....

He fired into the ground, and even Penny Dean says (the spokeswoman for the Gun owners of NH).

There is no stretching in the post you're replying to. Warning shots are illegal in most jurisdictions. They are ill-advised and foolish everywhere.
This

Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Worst case is he gets killed.

Well I'm glad I don't live next door to you because I'd hate to have me or my family get hit by a stray round when you open fire and start a firefight while trying to stop someone from stealing the neighbor's flat screen TV. Get a clue. My life is worth more than any property. How about yours? I know.....I'm a coward

It's called common sense. You should try it sometime......

Can you cite anything that makes your concern credible? This guy shot into the ground, nobody was hurt, Joe Horn killed two people & no innocent people were hurt. I doubt you can find many, if any examples of citizens useing a gun to prevent or stop a crime that end up with innocent casualties.
But its easy to find cases of the wrong guy getting shot by the police, Matter of fact nationwide its about a 10% average they get the wrong one. You are MUCH more likely to be shot by a police officer than your neighbor, and thats who you want to call right? lol real bright.
Nobody is suggesting to start blasting away or opening fire at anyone & in this case nobody was even shot at. I dont think I'd have shot into the ground but I wasnt there. His methods worked & stopped a crime spree without anyone being hurt. He was able, because he was not in MA, to hold the criminal until police arrived. In MA the guy would still be robbing homes with the police 3 steps behind because the state of MA cares more about being PC than respecting your civil rights.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
That's fine but either way I'm not going to risk getting killed or endangering any bystanders to defend property by going onto someone else's property and brandishing a gun to stop a thief.
But, he didn't do that, did he?

He was on his OWN property and fire INTO the ground.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You are wrong again, what else is new

Nothings new....except you are wrong...

Quote:
(1) The firing of a firearm in the direction of the person to be arrested, even though no intent exists to kill or inflict great bodily harm
He fired into the ground....unless your definiation of "in the ground" means towards someone....

No need to stretch anymore, your wrong...but you're used to it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies