Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,163,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Look, I do not mind having those of the islamic faith having their faith, as long as they respect those of us in the USA that are of other faiths. those that are muslim in other countries do not respect any other faiths as noted by the execution of people converting to other religions.

also those of the muslim faith here in the USA that want to use sharia law over the law already in place for themselves.

I dont mind them practicing their faith, just dont tell me to respect their faith when they cannot even respect my own faith.
So basically, you advocate disrespecting and removing constitutional protection from an entire group of people based upon the actions of the extremists within their religion.

Yet another example of why religion and government should stay as far away as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
This looks like the very definition of i-d-o-l-a-t-r-y to me.

None of the founding fathers would likely agree with you, either.
I dare say the founding fathers would weep over your lack of respect for the document they sacrificed so much for to establish.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,603,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What do 1,000,000+ dead Muslims in the Middle East have to do with the First Amendment, touched or untouched?
More than 1MM Muslims have been killed as a result of our "war on terror". I'm saying that all of this largely innocent bloodshed could have been avoided if there were no support for jihadists in the United States to begin with.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I dare say the founding fathers would weep over your lack of respect for the document they sacrificed so much for to establish.
The founding fathers themselves proposed amendments to the constitution, genius. And I think we're up to 27 amendments today. Since when does amending the constitution show a "lack of respect" for the same?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
More than 1MM Muslims have been killed as a result of our "war on terror". I'm saying that all of this largely innocent bloodshed could have been avoided if there were no support for jihadists in the United States to begin with.
And this relates to the First Amendment how? How did jihadists in the US influence al Qaeda's plans for 9/11?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
... whose object or purpose is to replace the Government of the United States, or the government of any State, Territory, District, or possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, with a system of Islamic law
This is a non-issue, for intelligent persons. There is no suggestion I've heard of to replace the Government of the USA with a system of Islamic law. Idiotic to think so. The extremists advocating this silly sh*t should back-off and leave our Constitution alone.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
I would suggest that our terrorist problem is not primarily in Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran: our terrorist problem is in the United States.
Suggestion noted.

What else have ya got?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
So basically, you advocate disrespecting and removing constitutional protection from an entire group of people based upon the actions of the extremists within their religion.

Yet another example of why religion and government should stay as far away as possible.

I advocate having 1 faith respect anothers faith. if one is not willing to respect anothers faith, then they should not have the same protections. extreme? I would not call the majority of the entire faith as just the extreme, i would consider that most.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
I would suggest that our terrorist problem is not primarily in Afghanistan, Iraq, or Iran: our terrorist problem is in the United States. The endless bloodshed of middle-eastern wars would be largely unnecessary if we had the courage to deal with Islam here at home.

The following constitutional amendment (see: Disinviting Islam) might be a good start:

I agree with this. Freedom should be limited to only the right people. Enslave the rest...

[Slavery is Freedom]

Old 02-22-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
This is a non-issue, for intelligent persons. There is no suggestion I've heard of to replace the Government of the USA with a system of Islamic law. Idiotic to think so.
I'm not going to do your homework for you. Read up on Islam. Better yet, go to the website of your local mosque, click on the Q&A link, put "sharia" in the search engine, read between the lines, and get back to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies