Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM

994 posts, read 724,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I swear, the more I see of what the modern-day Republican Party is trying to do in states where they hold a majority in government, the more I'm becoming convinced that they are actually a threat to civilization itself.
Yes, the Democrats banning Happy Meals, goldfish, salt, light bulbs, etc is fine but the Republicans are destroying civilization by not serving booze at a strip club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default More Proof That Arizona Lawmakers Are a Bunch of Idiots.

Wanna see an even bigger group of idiots?

Come to Austin, TX and sit in on a legislative session.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Yes, the Democrats banning Happy Meals, goldfish, salt, light bulbs, etc is fine but the Republicans are destroying civilization by not serving booze at a strip club.
When was salt banned?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 AM

383 posts, read 641,248 times
Quote:
Wait..they banned goldfish? Wow I must have missed that.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:

The GOP is showing by their actions in various states that they have no regard for the Constitution, little interest in the rights of anyone other than their corporate sponsors and that they downright hate poor people and working Americans.

They seem to be doing their damnedest to overthrow a thousand years of Western thought and supplant every democracy with their own version of a corporate aristocracy where anyone not among the elite will have no other function than to serve them.

What are they trying to do? Turn back the clock to the days of the Roman Empire with the GOP as the party of Caesar and everyone else a subject?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:45 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,440 times
this used to be a libertarian state. Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave

Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Sharia law creeping into our society

Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Sharia law creeping into our society
yup. Democrats can't stay out of our wallets, Republicans in our bedrooms

Old 02-23-2012, 01:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
this used to be a libertarian state. Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave
Barry Goldwater like Ronald Reagan and Ike, couldn't win office as a librarian in a Republican primary anymore.

This state has moved so far from it's old libertarian principles that it's hardly recognizable anymore. Janet Napolitano may have not been the greatest of governors (i liked her personally), but she kept these clowns in line with her succession of vetoes that they could never get around.

But this fool of a governor is a waste of breath.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Barry Goldwater like Ronald Reagan and Ike, couldn't win office as a librarian in a Republican primary anymore.

This state has moved so far from it's old libertarian principles that it's hardly recognizable anymore. Janet Napolitano may have not been the greatest of governors (i liked her personally), but she kept these clowns in line with her succession of vetoes that they could never get around.

But this fool of a governor is a waste of breath.
Napolitano is better than the current one, but she also had good timing to leave right before the economy crashed. As long as people kept moving here the budget kinda balanced itself. i moved back to nyc for a few years and when I came back here in 2005 I noticed a different vibe, but the good economy masked it for a while. Oh well, the weather is still AWESOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies