Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Sexting, who cares.

Harassing, big no no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 04:51 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Family values GOP at work.
What are you talking about?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
All I see is someone drawing lines and saying they, them and you, when referring to other Americans. You are also showing your intolerance, contradictory to the party line of complete tolerance. Hipocracy much? Do YOU even know what the word means? You lash out with a diatribe of it, and then have the nerve to point fingers. What a load of nonsense.

Basically you're saying that we are a second class citizen according to your twisted idea of what America represents.
You posts makes no sense. I'm just being honest, and i'm most certainly not exalting Dems over Republicans. I'm the first to tell you that the Democratic Party is most certainly NOT about morals, and i don't want it to be. Individuals should worry about their own morality.

I am tolerant. But please, don't say you're one thing and i find out that you're something else. When that happens, i'm obligated to call it like i see it....and i most surely will. Quickly.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Oh poor picked on Republicans....
Are you kidding me? The more you speak the more rediculous and intolerant you look. Keep it coming. BTW, I'm an independant, and the way I see the DNC rolling isn't where I'd want to be. I'm pretty sure they need every independant they can get, and I'm certain that isn't happening at the moment.

Last edited by steven_h; 02-23-2012 at 06:10 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You posts makes no sense. I'm just being honest, and i'm most certainly not exalting Dems over Republicans. I'm the first to tell you that the Democratic Party is most certainly NOT about morals, and i don't want it to be. Individuals should worry about their own morality.

I am tolerant. But please, don't say you're one thing and i find out that you're something else. When that happens, i'm obligated to call it like i see it....and i most surely will. Quickly.
Like I said previously, common sense is something you're born with. It would make sense to someone with it.

I'll add contradictory, condescending and denial to your resume. Oh, and that you have a God complex as you keep an eye on everyone.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Yeah, that's the excuse but it really doesn't work that way. Because it doesn't really matter what the offense is, it will always be worse if it's a conservative. Plus when it comes to Democrats violating their own sacred cows, they don't get raked over the coals for it extra hard. So it's more than just chickens coming home to roost for Republicans. It's a general bias.
What excuse. There is ONE PARTY...ONE PARTY, that spent the better part of two decades claiming to be the party of Family Values. They staked their party platform on it. They attached their wagons to it. They paraded around with one religious leader after another. They wagged their fingers in everyone's face about what we should and shouldn't be doing.

That party was the Republican Party. Now of course they don't do it anymore because the *** is up and everyone now knows (i knew it even then) that it was all a load of bullocks. But unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on your persuasion), it took some serious missteps by some of your fellow do-gooders to expose the truth so that by the time the Larry Craig incident came around, we were numb. Well...at least i was. That's because i knew the Republican Party was toting a load of sh*t around in their underwear from day one, but others needed to see more to come around.

So yea, maybe it is more than the chickens coming home to roost for Repubs, but they didn't help matters themselves by being so publicly fake for all these years. One day, it'll all calm down. But in the meanwhile, catching a Republican doing something immoral will continue to draw loud laughs and guffaws.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Like I said previously, common sense is something you're born with. It would make sense to someone with it.

I'll add contradictory, condescending and denial to your resume. Oh, and that you have a God complex as you keep an eye on everyone.
Ok...I have no common sense.

And i'm contradictory, condescending, and live on Da Nile. And yea...guilty of the God Complex too.

See? Now when i get caught with my pants down, at least i already put my flaws out there to effectively mitigate the ridicule i may receive.

Republicans on the other hand......

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Ok...I have no common sense.

And i'm contradictory, condescending, and live on Da Nile. And yea...guilty of the God Complex too.

See? Now when i get caught with my pants down, at least i already put my flaws out there
See we do agree on something.

Your intent is clear, and only when called on it, and busted. When you "put it out there" that pesky condescension is quite obvious. It's only more shallow admissions, which is SOP. However, devout liberals should never claim to be sincere either. I can play this childish tit for tat game, but I'd prefer to leave it as is. My thread has been hijacked for the sole purpose of entering a soap box derby, and your need for a pissing contest.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Of course it would. If he was a Republican, it would've been part of the headline.

That said, claiming that you're the party of Family Values comes at a price. Especially when you get caught doing something in contravention to what that is supposed to mean. I'm sorry, but Repubs started that stuff back in the mid-80s, and they got carried away with it. So they've gotta be perfect human beings, or they're gonna get called out on it. They asked for it, and they've got it.

exactly.....

Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 PM

It's hilarious watching the extreme fringe of both sides (oops, there I go referring to "sides"), uber left and radically right, patting each other (or self) on the back for posts well done. It's also disturbing... Blue & Gray comes to mind, except these days the infighting is about every petty disagreement and very little real substance.

To go back to the intent of the original post; It's truly ironic that just about every mainstream snooze outlet intentionally omitted this pecker nuts affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies