Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times

Advertisements

Watch this short, easy to follow explanation on how the Federal Government wastes our money and dumbs down education. See how California can spend 1.6 Billion Dollars to change over to new National Standards to "Race to the Top" only to have their application rejected and find out that California standards were already higher than the new Federal Standards. Thanks a bunch Obama! But its not just Obama. Do a little research and you will find the Bush/Kennedy NCLB was no better. Its time we put control of education back in the hands of the States. The Feds just can't handle it.

Breitbart.tv » Obama’s Education Takeover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
One size fits all, intellectual thinking.....

Problem is, they are out of touch with 90% of the people.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One size fits all, intellectual thinking.....

Problem is, they are out of touch with 90% of the people.
The result is disaster. We all lose in more ways than one.

"From Encounter Books: By using billions of dollars in federal funding to strong arm states to adopt national standards of dubious quality, the Obama administration has raised federal intrusion into education to new heights, transferring control over the nation's classrooms to anonymous federal bureaucrats, special interest lobbies, and insider experts, ultimately rendering parents and taxpayers powerless"

Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Watch this short, easy to follow explanation on how the Federal Government wastes our money and dumbs down education. See how California can spend 1.6 Billion Dollars to change over to new National Standards to "Race to the Top" only to have their application rejected and find out that California standards were already higher than the new Federal Standards. Thanks a bunch Obama! But its not just Obama. Do a little research and you will find the Bush/Kennedy NCLB was no better. Its time we put control of education back in the hands of the States. The Feds just can't handle it.

No thanks. I mean I could dig up a 'documentary' done by a paranoid schizophrenic about how aliens are controlling our minds through microwaves, but that doesn't make it well researched or unbiased.

Perhaps you might want to start thinking for yourself instead of getting your opinion from right wing mocumentaries.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
No thanks. I mean I could dig up a 'documentary' done by a paranoid schizophrenic about how aliens are controlling our minds through microwaves, but that doesn't make it well researched or unbiased.

Perhaps you might want to start thinking for yourself instead of getting your opinion from right wing mocumentaries.
Perhaps you might want to read a link before posting a comment because there really is "no excuse for ignorance."

Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
No, I have better things to do with my time than watch some right/left wing garbage. Here's a hint, think for yourself, come up with an idea that you can justify, type it here and then people will respond. If you can't write out an idea for yourself and justify it, then it's not something you should try to be sharing with the world.

To put it another way, were I to post a Michael Moore documentary as a retort, would you watch the whole thing.

Instead of getting your opinion from right wing mocumentaries, how about doing some research on ways that other companies have handled this. You might have to, gasp, read an objective book by someone who is actually educated. Life's tough, I know.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Is this what Sanitorium was talking about when he said Satan has taken over our schools.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is this what Sanitorium was talking about when he said Satan has taken over our schools.
Would that be the Pennsylvania (Penn Hills School District) that he bilked for over $100,000?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post

Its time we put control of education back in the hands of the States. The Feds just can't handle it.

Personally, I'm okay with that.

[no need to read the link]

Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
RTT is no better than NCLB. In some ways it's worse. Standardized testing will not go away and teachers will be evaluated on how many of their students pass. RTT puts more blame for failed student scores on the teachers shoulders.

As RTT gets implemented I can see the flight of teachers from inner city schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies