Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No country yet has been able to conquer Afghanistan.
They send in their troops, spend billions and end up leaving with their tail between their legs.

Yet the US thinks differently.
But conquering never was the mission, was it?

Right after the invasion we were told: These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations and to attack the military capability of the Taleban regime.

More than twice the duration of WW II to accomplish that seems a bit excessive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 09:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice deflection!

Why wasn't the alleged mission accomplished in the SEVEN ****ING YEARS before that?
The only deflection is yours. You just don't want to deal with the truth. Your failed CINC has had three years to pull out and has refused to do so.

Deal with the present not the past. Everyday that goes by keep asking yourself that question.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If those 20% of people decide to vote against Obama because he's pulling out of Afghanistan, then they're idiots. I'd rather he pull out from there tomorrow and lose the election than pander to those fools.
Personally, when Obama got involved in Libya and there were some on the right talking impeahment, I was hoping they'd have the cojones to go through with it. I think we need to put the manner in which we go to war on trial. Wr/no war based on votes serves neither the country or the people.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:49 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Obama's Vietnam.

Lots of missteps by the Obummer admin.

Keep your idiotic Bush comments to yourselves. It's been three frigging years now.

I am still waiting to find out about all those Navy Seals killed on Obummers watch.
How can we keep "idiotic Bush comments" out of this one? Are you completely cracked?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,256 times
Good thing our dear leader apologized........ oh wait..

Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
The only deflection is yours. You just don't want to deal with the truth. Your failed CINC has had three years to pull out and has refused to do so.

Deal with the present not the past. Everyday that goes by keep asking yourself that question.
Yeah, the past is unimportant when it's your little hero's doing, eh? What a load of typical self-Righteous crap.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Nice deflection!

Why wasn't the alleged mission accomplished in the SEVEN ****ING YEARS before that?
Bin Laden was found (NOT in Afghanistan) and shot in the eye.
That was the mission..hunt down Bin Laden.

What is the mission now though ?

I got this feeling that the rare earth minerals in Afghanistan has something to do with it.

Afghanistan Holds Enormous Bounty of Rare Earths, Minerals: Scientific American
So far, geologists say, they have mapped one million metric tons of these critical elements, which include lanthanum, cerium and neodymium.

That's enough to supply the world's rare earth needs for 10 years based on current consumption, points out Robert Tucker, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) scientist who is the lead author on a report released on September 14.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How can we keep "idiotic Bush comments" out of this one? Are you completely cracked?
How many years are you going to hang your hat on Bush. Deal with the present.

How long would it take you or I to sign an order to pull troops out of this hell hole? Me about 2 seconds. Seems like Obummers needs 3 plus years and counting to sign his name.

Deal with the present people not the past. As much as you hate to admit it your CINC has failed you.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Yeah, the past is unimportant when it's your little hero's doing, eh? What a load of typical self-Righteous crap.
How about living in the present. Must be tough to see your CINC continuing the policies of someone you despise to the core of your being.

Ha! that is the biggest joke you cant deal with isn't it?

I can see how that would make your skin crawl and want to lash out instead of dealing with the facts.

THREE YEARS AND COUNTING...... tick tock, tick tock........

Oh yeah almost forgot, want to talk about Guantanamo now?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
It has been said throughout history that "Afghanistan is where Empires go to die"...American politician's arrogance never allows them to review history though
Quote:
Obama's Vietnam.

Lots of missteps by the Obummer admin.

Keep your idiotic Bush comments to yourselves. It's been three frigging years now.

I am still waiting to find out about all those Navy Seals killed on Obummers watch.

My first thought was why was such high ranking officers over there in such heat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies