Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:14 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The EXACT OPPOSITE:

CDC : Pasteurized Milk 150 Times More Contaminated With Blood, Pus and Feces Than Fresh Milk

CDC : Pasteurized Milk 150 Times More Contaminated With Blood, Pus and Feces Than Fresh Milk | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/216057/cdc-pasteurized-milk-150-times-more-contaminated-with-blood-pus-and-feces-than-fresh-milk - broken link)
Alex Jones is a fraud, I'm a bit shocked to see that posted at all on Ron Paul's website. I thought his supporters were smarter than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I quite agree with that seeing that BigAg has CAFO operations and those chickens never see the light of day and are laying eggs in their own poop.

The risk of illness is much higher from CAFO food if you have seen the conditions under which they live.

But those are not the conditions for small farms.
Can you support that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,891,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Alex Jones is a fraud, I'm a bit shocked to see that posted at all on Ron Paul's website. I thought his supporters were smarter than that.
Can you back up your statement about Alex? Yes, his delivery is overly dramatic but I have seen no outright lies. Also, Ron Paul is a frequent guest on Alex's show.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,891,078 times
Quote:
I looked into the case a few weeks ago. The farmer was (is) selling unpasteurized milk to clients out-of-state. It violates federal regulations concerning raw-milk (since it is now an interstate). It's covered under interstate commerce clause.
The interstate commerce clause is there to prevent states from enacting tariffs that impede interstate commerce. The federal government has no right to tell two states what they should be doing when it comes to how they handle their commerce.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,325,490 times
*Sigh!* Here are some links I have posted before. This one was local, hit home.

Raw milk from Longmont's Billy Goat Dairy cited for illness in 16 people - Boulder Daily Camera

Sixteen people who reported drinking raw milk from Billy Goat Dairy in Longmont in the past three weeks have become ill, Boulder County Public Health reported Wednesday.

Billy Goat Dairy is listed on the Raw Milk Association of Colorado's Web site as having Grade A certification, which it states "gives the shareholder an extra layer of inspections from an educated outside source."

Opponents caution that raw milk dairies run too high a risk of contamination because harmful bacteria from animal waste can easily contaminate a facility unless the strictest measures of hygiene are used.

A day later:

Boulder County reports 8 more cases of illness linked to raw goat milk - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 02-25-2012, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Quote:

Can you support that?
Actually it's quite true about the milk.

Do you think these mega-farms hand wash the udders before milking ?
Do you think these mega-farms don't milk cows with mastitis ?
Do you think these mega-farms squirt first into a cup to examine before milking ?

No they don't because they cannot afford it and with thousands of cows they just do not have the time or labor.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM

14,893 posts, read 8,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I find myself between a rock and a hard place here. I am all for the "little guy" and even have a little "live off the grid" mentality myself (although we don't remotely do that in our home). I'm not interested in defending the FDA particularly. I do, however, have concerns about food safety. I've spent a career in health care, much of it in public health. People think it won't happen to them if they drink unpastuerized milk, eat eggs that have been left out of the proper temp for too long, etc, but it does happen!

My local farmer's market is a summer activity, and booths are out in the direct sun. Those eggs can get pretty hot and spoiled quickly. I remember back when I was working for a health dept, we had a company picnic and a whole bunch of people got food poisoning from something someone had brought! You can guess what the next inservice was-food safety!
One wonders how the human race survived all these thousands of years without the FDA.

Of course, the FDA claims that there is no need to test safety of GMO crops ... even though they produce their own pesticide to kill the insects that eat it. No reason at all to wonder what that pesticide will do to you ... mercy no! Pesticide is good for you, and oh so tasty ... yum, yum! But natural eggs and raw milk .. well that's another story. We've got to eliminate these dangerous items before the the great scrambled egg holocaust dooms us all.

Of course, I posted the story of the findings of the CDC that say that pasteurized milk contains 150 times more contaminants contained in raw milk, and no one said a peep .... just continued on with the same blah, blah, blah.

Look, no offense ... but that Rock and a hard place you mention? ... That's that brick wall and your head colliding

The evidence is overwhelmingly clear ... the FDA is NOT YOUR FRIEND. Their singular purpose in life is to protect the big pharmaceutical and agriculture industry monopolies. And, pardon the pun, but one "feeds" the other in a very scientifically synergistic manner. Eat the poison food and get sick, get fat, and you have an army of white coats toting bags of pharmaceutical drugs racing to rescue you. Do the $%^ math.

Half the freaking developed world has banned fluoridating their water ... not here in the US. Countries are banning GMO ... others requiring product labeling .... not here in the US. Bovine growth hormone banned in other countries ... not here in the US. The USDA allows sickly dying and felled animals to make it to your grocery store shelves .... chickens eating feed with arsenic. The horror stories are ENDLESS. And this isn't a "conspiracy theory", these are hard cold facts which highlight the pieces of evidence every investigator looks for to solve crimes .... Motive and Opportunity.

What's it gonna take? Really? What will trigger the long overdue epiphany? They really could not be more obvious as to what they are doing, right out in the open ... right in your face, and under your nose.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,905,736 times
Most of the violations are committed by Big Agro, but they usually get little fines, compared to their profit. In turn so much money is involved that people end up w/ fewer choices and those usually uniformed.

The same happens in health food/vitamin industry where people are demonized and threatened while Big Pharma kills people off at an alarming rate and is rapidly becoming less accountable for it.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM

45,040 posts, read 26,196,433 times
Got to love the government disciples who believe the FDA when it says Twinkies, Ding Dongs and foods ginned up with HFCS are perfectly fine, but fresh milk and eggs are a threat.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,545,529 times
Food freedom legal battles rage | The Rock River Times

Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
People in third world countries do not have the luxuries the US has, like refrigerators.
I guess they don't eat eggs or drink milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies