Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Not all teachers. Many teachers, particularly in the south and rural areas, are quite conservative.
I'm aware of that. You included from what you said. I was speaking of many of your co-workers. You know it's true. Let some kid take a small pocket knife in to see. My bet is they call the SWAT team on him! LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM

This is my favorite teacher in the world.
He is the most famous one too...imagine that?
He has hundreds of videos and everyone knows him by name.

"Hickok45"

Glock vs 1911 - YouTube

Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I'm aware of that. You included from what you said. I was speaking of many of your co-workers. You know it's true. Let some kid take a small pocket knife in to see. My bet is they call the SWAT team on him! LMAO
Teachers have requirements that they must follow. These days knives are not allowed by most/all school districts. If you don't agree with that then talk to your school administratiors and most importantly those lawyers who suggest such rules so schools won't be sued in the first place.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Teachers have requirements that they must follow. These days knives are not allowed by most/all school districts. If you don't agree with that then talk to your school administratiors and most importantly those lawyers who suggest such rules so schools won't be sued in the first place.
Well, a Victorinox Classic sure doesn't warrant the SWAT team being called up and everyone hitting the deck. Jesus Christ...are they insane? Take him down to the Principal's office and talk to him. Hold it until his Dad comes and gets it. He's only 6 years old for crying out loud.

Hickok45 is a teacher by day. He makes those videos and reviews by moonlight as well as farms.
When I heard him state his fulltime occupation, I about had a stroke. I love the guy.

I'd say your co-workers need some more training myself!

The Principal - "You're Expelled!" - YouTube

Love this movie!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
This is a good distraction for Obama and the coming election. Look over here at the teachers' strike. Don't look at the terrible economy. And by the way how can anyone ask for a raise when the economy is in the dumper??? NO ONE IS GETTING A RAISE IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR. Taxpayers are expected to pick up this tab and that is the middle class. No new taxes my foot.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Well, a Victorinox Classic sure doesn't warrant the SWAT team being called up and everyone hitting the deck. Jesus Christ...are they insane? Take him down to the Principal's office and talk to him. Hold it until his Dad comes and gets it. He's only 6 years old for crying out loud.

Hickok45 is a teacher by day. He makes those videos and reviews by moonlight as well as farms.
When I heard him state his fulltime occupation, I about had a stroke. I love the guy.

I'd say your co-workers need some more training myself!

The Principal - "You're Expelled!" - YouTube

Love this movie!
May I assume you're talking about a hypothetical situation? I'm unaware of any swat teams being called for students carrying Victorinox knives. I have seen students expelled for carrying knives to school. Again, many school rules and procedures are a result of school districts trying to avoid unnecessary lawsuits.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
May I assume you're talking about a hypothetical situation? I'm unaware of any swat teams being called for students carrying Victorinox knives. I have seen students expelled for carrying knives to school. Again, many school rules and procedures are a result of school districts trying to avoid unnecessary lawsuits.
The knife we are talking about is this..... Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Tool, Red 56011

The blade on it can't be more than 1 1/4-1/2" long and 1/4" wide. The whole knife is smaller than a can of lipstick. It's very common to call the Cops now for every little thing. Two 8 year old in a fight. Damn...doesn't anyone have enough strength and balls to pull them apart and break it up without involving the Police? It's out of control and the teachers are at the front of it. Back in my day, if you were bad, you got called down to the Principal's office and got your hind end tanned with a paddle. Lunch detentions and after school detentions were handed out for all but the most serious things. Everything was handled in house and was just fine.

IMO, the current generation of teachers are the most liberal of ever. They have no balls, they have no pride, and they are weak. You're weak if you let a 6 year old be arrested and or expelled for a child mistake. You have failed. You failed the kid and you failed yourself!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
The knife we are talking about is this..... Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Tool, Red 56011

The blade on it can't be more than 1 1/4-1/2" long and 1/4" wide. The whole knife is smaller than a can of lipstick. It's very common to call the Cops now for every little thing. Two 8 year old in a fight. Damn...doesn't anyone have enough strength and balls to pull them apart and break it up without involving the Police? It's out of control and the teachers are at the front of it. Back in my day, if you were bad, you got called down to the Principal's office and got your hind end tanned with a paddle. Lunch detentions and after school detentions were handed out for all but the most serious things. Everything was handled in house and was just fine.

IMO, the current generation of teachers are the most liberal of ever. They have no balls, they have no pride, and they are weak. You're weak if you let a 6 year old be arrested and or expelled for a child mistake. You have failed. You failed the kid and you failed yourself!

So........you are not talking about a specific case of a swat team being called for a student carrying a Victorinox. Some teachers may or may not be liberal but your case would be better made if you had a specific case in mind and not just a generalization.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
So........you are not talking about a specific case of a swat team being called for a student carrying a Victorinox. Some teachers may or may not be liberal but your case would be better made if you had a specific case in mind and not just a generalization.
I work with a Police Department. You would be amazed at what goes on. Even the officers have WTF moments at times. Often they are shaking their heads and doing what they are told as some teacher just ruined a little kid's life. What is considered "a bully" is a joke nowdays too. That announcement comes over the PA every morning. The kid picking his nose and leaving the remains on the desk is not.

Teachers ask why people in general no longer respect them. Republican in particular.

These are a great portion of the reasons why!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPlayer17 View Post
Because most of them are closed minded and don't want their kids being exposed to different veiws. Don't you understand they could turn on their parents and reject their beliefs?! ()
You mean like this view?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies