Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times

Advertisements

Many people are making this about a sex issue. Why should anyone care what two responsible adults do in their bedroom? It's going to happen whether married or not. I think it is more about the RIGHTS of a taxpaying citizens in a country that should protect everyone's rights.

They should have a right to add anyone to their life and health insurance. THEY are paying for it. They should have a right to have the same legal benefits as any marriage. After all again, they are taxpayers and serve their country.

The government is not going to opt out of them paying their taxes because they are gay. So they should be allow to support a country that is supporting them.

It doesn't effect each individual to favor gay rights. While I am not gay, I believe in equally for everyone regardless of race religion, disability, gender etc.

As a African American female, I have experience discrimination of gender and race and I will never condone it because it's everyone's right to choose the way they live if it is legal and moral. But remember that everyone's definition of morals is subjective that is why there is a constitution to protect us.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
Why do you bring up what God does, when the OP said he does not want religious reasons?

People choose whether to engage in homosexual intercourse or not, just as they choose whether to engage in heterosexual intercourse.

It is logical & scientifically backed that we CHOOSE what we think, feel and do. Yes, we are born into circumstances that may guide our choices, but still, humans ability to survive (& evolve as we have) has been because our brains are only 25% developed at birth, so we can adapt to the environment.

Evidence shows having homosexual preferences IS a choice, more linked to environmental influences than to biology...
Science Does NOT Support the Claim That Homosexuality Is Genetic
http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf
Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend
Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend

"1. No research has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals & homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior.
2. In 2 large studies conducted... Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences.
3. Older homosexuals often approach the young
4. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patters of behavior
5. Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors - esp. religious convictions
6. Many change their sexual preferences
7. There are many ex-homosexuals"
Environmental factors may influence sexual orientation
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archiv ... t/06102608

The APA changed the definition of homosexuality not because of scientific studies, but because of political harrassment from gay lobbyists.
The Born "Gay" Hoax |

Old 02-26-2012, 07:53 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Not takin' your bait.

People who are so invested in other people's business have issues of their own. Period.

Your motivation cannot be that you want to save the children of the world. That is just pap. I betcha you have some weird personal story - otherwise, why not "live and let live."

Terms like "strawman" and "logical fallacies" are simply lazy cliches intended to portray a certain (false) superior stance of some kind.

Just say what you mean without all of the pretentious jargon.
LOL... Apparently you did not take debate in junior high.
Maybe you should just start with reading the RULES in this subforum.

The type of mentality you've demonstrated is brainwashing that the homosexuality peer pressure instills.
THINK.
Think for yourself, not based on media BS!

I don't really care what 2 people of the same sex do behind closed doors.
But I DO care if they're pushing their issues on me and children... as is happening...

Children have the right to not be taught homosexuality in school. Yet, in places where gay marriage has been enacted, these rights have been infringed upon. Here are a few examples where those with homosexual preferences have pushed their assumed rights, which infringed on the rights of others...

*Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
*In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
*In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
*In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."

Normalizing & even encouraging children to explore homosexuality obviously causes more to experiment with homosexuality.
"The Legal Liability Associated with Homosexuality Education in Schools... This report is part of an integrated strategy to inform and educate parents, students and school officials across the nation of its contents and of their respective rights and duties. It has documented the concern that the health of students in many schools across the country may have been compromised and their First Amendment rights may have been denied."
http://www.afamichigan.org/images/Legal ... 200504.pdf

Also, others' rights have been infringed upon in favor of supporting gay rights.
*In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
*In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.
*An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 even violently attacked & injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.
*On November 19, 2008, eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.

Homosexuality (deemed as "death" by an ex-homosexual & ex-gay rights leader) is NOT what we want to teach children, especially considering that statistically, (according to the US CDC) homosexual practices present risks... since homosexuals switch partners often, they are more likely to get STDs & AIDS. 2 friends of mine died from AIDS - maybe THAT's part of my agenda to get the TRUTH out about homosexuality, to prevent sickness and death.
http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/2000/m ... ay2000.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/doc ... 08comp.pdf (http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf - broken link)
We also know that anal sex is risky (for anal fissures, colon rupture & anal cancer), even in 2 healthy males.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
Ummmm... so what?

Seriously, digressing into a debate about whether it is a choice or a biological imperative doesn't change the fact that people are going to do what they do. You could say that devoutly religious people choose a church or religious belief to 1) excuse their own behavior while demeaning others', or 2) because it is a hereditary trait to follow blindly rather than to be an independent thinker. Either way, they aren't going to give up their religious beliefs any more than Ellen DeGeneres is going to hook up with The Rock.

Why not let people choose to do whatever it is that they do, as long as they 1) take full responsibility for their choices and 2) don't inflict their choices on others? Whether you believe that The Spaceship is coming to Rapture you or that that lipstick lesbian is just your type, why is it anyone else's business?

IMHO, the whole 'gay debate' is just that - a debate where people put forth their beliefs and feelings and try to force each other to agree if not acquiesce to them. How about MYODB - mind yer own dern biznez and let others do the same, without either Church or State involvement? Too easy and not enough force and/or posturing involved, or what?

Last edited by SCGranny; 02-26-2012 at 08:25 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Ummmm... so what?

Seriously, digressing into a debate about whether it is a choice or a biological imperative doesn't change the fact that people are going to do what they do. You could say that devoutly religious people choose a church or religious belief to 1) excuse their own behavior while demeaning others', or 2) because it is a hereditary trait to follow blindly rather than to be an independent thinker. Either way, they aren't going to give up their religious beliefs any more than Ellen DeGeneres is going to hook up with The Rock.

Why not let people choose to do whatever it is that they do, as long as they 1) take full responsibility for their choices and 2) don't inflict their choices on others? Whether you believe that The Spaceship is coming to Rapture you or that that lipstick lesbian is just your type, why is it anyone else's business?

IMHO, the whole 'gay debate' is just that - a debate where people put forth their beliefs and feelings and try to force each other to agree if not acquiesce to them. How about MYODB - mind yer own dern biznez and let others do the same, without either Church or State involvement? Too easy and not enough force and/or posturing involved, or what?
I think the problem a lot of people have is that is being inflicted on everyone else. It has gone too far.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I think the problem a lot of people have is that is being inflicted on everyone else. It has gone too far.
Yup - on both sides.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:38 AM

75 posts, read 55,384 times
Gay enablers have a hard time accepting the uncomfortable truth that homosexuals and bisexuals pose a serious threat to our society. While the media portrays the homosexual lifestyle as completely harmless, the effects of deviant homosexuality are far more damaging in the real world.

The facts speak for themselves:
  • Male homosexuals are overrepresented in the most heinous of crimes, such as serial killings and child molestation
  • According to the CDC, the AIDS rate is 50 times higher in the homosexual population
  • Gays are more likely to suffer from a host of mental problems, and are more likely to leave their families and friends devastated by committing suicide
  • The average lifespan of homosexuals is much shorter than that of normal heterosexual people
The MSM is doing Western society a disservice by downplaying the threat that homosexuality poses to everyone. Their shameless promotion of homosexuality is almost as unacceptable as the behavior itself.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
Here's how I see it. I think that if space aliens are tuning in to our TV, movies, news, city data forum etc., they may easily come to the conclusion that more than 2 thirds of us on earth here are gay. What is happening is really that out of proportion and how can you deny it?

In the US we live in a free country that allows people more than one choice of lifestyle. People of all sorts can and are contributing members of society. I think I can say most of us will leave other people alone to live it as they see fit. Where the problem is is when a minority, like the gay rights people wants there lifestyle to be deemed normal and taught to other peoples children on sesame street and in schools. Sexuality is an adult issue that doesn't belong there at all and parents rights to teach their own children based on their own values are being violated. Biological reasons make it obviously not normal. We live in a free society that allows for people to be something other than the norm and I respect that and wouldn't have it any other way. It is why we are the greatest nation there is. Why isn't that enough for you? What I don't like is how all of us are not only being require to change our personal views about the subject, but we somehow are also required to care deeply about you and love you because you are gay. That may not even be enough. I don't think the gays will be happy until I actually become at least partially gay myself.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
LOL... Apparently you did not take debate in junior high.
Maybe you should just start with reading the RULES in this subforum.

The type of mentality you've demonstrated is brainwashing that the homosexuality peer pressure instills.
THINK.
Think for yourself, not based on media BS!

I don't really care what 2 people of the same sex do behind closed doors.
But I DO care if they're pushing their issues on me and children... as is happening...

Children have the right to not be taught homosexuality in school. Yet, in places where gay marriage has been enacted, these rights have been infringed upon. Here are a few examples where those with homosexual preferences have pushed their assumed rights, which infringed on the rights of others...

*Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
*In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
*In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
*In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."

Normalizing & even encouraging children to explore homosexuality obviously causes more to experiment with homosexuality.
"The Legal Liability Associated with Homosexuality Education in Schools... This report is part of an integrated strategy to inform and educate parents, students and school officials across the nation of its contents and of their respective rights and duties. It has documented the concern that the health of students in many schools across the country may have been compromised and their First Amendment rights may have been denied."
http://www.afamichigan.org/images/Legal ... 200504.pdf

Also, others' rights have been infringed upon in favor of supporting gay rights.
*In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
*In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.
*An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 even violently attacked & injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.
*On November 19, 2008, eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.

Homosexuality (deemed as "death" by an ex-homosexual & ex-gay rights leader) is NOT what we want to teach children, especially considering that statistically, (according to the US CDC) homosexual practices present risks... since homosexuals switch partners often, they are more likely to get STDs & AIDS. 2 friends of mine died from AIDS - maybe THAT's part of my agenda to get the TRUTH out about homosexuality, to prevent sickness and death.
http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/2000/m ... ay2000.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/doc ... 08comp.pdf (http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf - broken link)
We also know that anal sex is risky (for anal fissures, colon rupture & anal cancer), even in 2 healthy males.
My hat is off to you, SuperSoul

Excellent post; and I agree 100%. Kids are being bombarded with the alternative lifestyle, everywhere they look. The media is brainwashing the masses. No stopping it now though. I think it's a losing battle.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
There's nothing blind about it. One party fights equality every step of the way, fights to write hate into the constitution, and fights to undo the progress that has been made.

The other got DADT repealed, expanded benefits for gay federal employees to end some of the preferential treatment given to straight couples, signed marriage bills into law, etc. The precious few Republicans who have stepped up and helped push equality forward should be committed, but they are by far in the minority.

Exactly right. There used to be some Republicans that used to be on the gay rights side, but their numbers have dwindled. Rep Chris shays of connecticut and Rep Gunderson of wisconsin come to mind. Beyond them, I can't think of any others with the exception of the Maine Senators. You meant "commended", didn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies