Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 05:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times

Advertisements

Does this story reek of political payola? I sure think it does. Too much payment to friends of The One.

The $4 Billion Obamacare Slush Fund for Progressives - Michelle Malkin - Townhall Conservative Columnists - Page 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Does this story reek of political payola? I sure think it does. Too much payment to friends of The One.

The $4 Billion Obamacare Slush Fund for Progressives - Michelle Malkin - Townhall Conservative Columnists - Page 1
Hell Republicans were SCREAMING for insurance co-ops, saying that buying them across state lines and allowing people to have co-ops was the best way going forward.

And now she's upset about this?

Old 02-25-2012, 05:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,907,532 times
Default Political Payola stinks like sh*t on shinola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Hell Republicans were SCREAMING for insurance co-ops, saying that buying them across state lines and allowing people to have co-ops was the best way going forward.

Why would you support political paybacks with taxpayer $$?

Clue: read the entire article

Quote:
You won't be surprised to learn that the Freelancers Union -- the largest CO-OP loan beneficiary to date, with a total $341 million subsidy -- is a left-wing outfit founded by a self-described "labor entrepreneur" and MacArthur "genius." Sara Horowitz .....................Horowitz and Obama served together, along with former green jobs czar Van Jones, as advisers for the progressive think tank Demos -- which in turn partnered with fraud-ridden community organizers ACORN and Project Vote. .......... Crowing about the CO-OP loan from her fellow progressive warrior, Horowitz exulted: "It's like venture capital for health care."

Quote:
Another of the Obamacare slush fund winners, Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative in Wisconsin, scooped up a $56.4 million federal loan.........Common Ground "is the Milwaukee affiliate of the Industrial Areas Foundation, founded in 1940 by Saul Alinsky, a famed community organizer and author of 'Rules for Radicals.' The organization, based in Chicago, bills itself as the oldest and largest community organizing network."
Quote:
The Industrial Areas Foundation was funded largely by the Gamaliel Foundation, which employed Obama in Chicago.
Maybe instead of using "Hope & Change" as a campaign slogan Obama can try for honesty instead and use:

"looting the taxpayers to pay back friends"

If you are not mad you simply are not paying attention!

Old 02-25-2012, 05:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
I remember them talking about "co-ops" and how good they were back in the election.

Now suddenly they don't like them because they are "political paybacks"? Republicans are funny.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,385,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Should Romney get elected, his economic plan would shave his rich buddies' taxes by $250,000 a year. Isn't THAT payola? Or do you hope some of that will "trickle down" their legs, and you can catch it in your tin cup?

If you want to call the Obamacare insurance slush fund "payola", fine. At least it will be going to help poor and sick people get affordable health coverage, instead of filling the wealthy few's already overflowing pockets.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:

I guess you miss the words by her that say the co-ops borrowing that money will be able to drive the private companies out of those states. That was not what the 'GOP Congress critters were pushing for. They wanted co-ops to be groups that could SELL insurance to people and able to compete through the co-ops. Nice try, lib, yes I know but you are acting like that, with something like this that is surely going to bury my story as far as libs are concerned. Can you prove me to be wrong about something that far back?

Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why would you support political paybacks with taxpayer $$?

Clue: read the entire article

Maybe instead of using "Hope & Change" as a campaign slogan Obama can try for honesty instead and use:

"looting the taxpayers to pay back friends"

If you are not mad you simply are not paying attention!
Thanks for pointing out the important parts of that link. I guess the only one to answer, so far, just didn't read the whole thing as you suggest. When they get to something they think they can use they often do stop reading.

Am I wrong in telling 1979 that the co-ops in this article are certainly not what the GOP was pushing for when they were discussing Health Insurance? As I recall they were wanting insurance co-ops that would provide different chances at buying from companies not located in their states. When that woman attacks you you need to know that she has studied the subject and knows what she is saying.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I remember them talking about "co-ops" and how good they were back in the election.

Now suddenly they don't like them because they are "political paybacks"? Republicans are funny.
I think that Dems are very funny when they think they can pull this crap and get by with it.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Should Romney get elected, his economic plan would shave his rich buddies' taxes by $250,000 a year. Isn't THAT payola? Or do you hope some of that will "trickle down" their legs, and you can catch it in your tin cup?

If you want to call the Obamacare insurance slush fund "payola", fine. At least it will be going to help poor and sick people get affordable health coverage, instead of filling the wealthy few's already overflowing pockets.
Your talking about Romney is normal Democrat deflection and totally off topic. You do understand that you didn't defend the Obama move with an illegal slush fund with your post, I hope. Keep deflectiong.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,907,532 times
Quote:

How can you, with any intellectual honesty, read the direct connections between Obama and those people/organizations and not acknowledge the obvious payback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies