Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yes, they need far less electromagnetic radiation than brown skinned people.

They're far more independent of the sun and there by racist against the sun.
The Sun doesn't like White people that's why it burns them.

[Sunism]

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would argue that the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment makes affirmative action unconstitutional.
I believe the supreme court will also.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Heck, white people even get free gas and newspapers if no black people are looking.
It was "free beer for white guys" at Fred's last night....

Old 02-26-2012, 08:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 914,634 times
I don't have anything against the black person for his skin color, but I do get tired the black person for his attitude. Oh, they throw their arms in the air about how we "enslaved" them but fail to see that their OWN people sold them and MANY OF THEIR OWN people bought them as well. They also tend to forget that slavery still exists in some form in Africa today. They also tend to forget that yes, a some white people enslaved them but MANY white people freed them.
Adapt and overcome. Bill Cosby said it best and the blacks hate him for it.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,066,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would argue that the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment makes affirmative action unconstitutional.
And I would argue affirmative action was and still is a policy that is needed for equal protection for minorities.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:28 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,066,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I don't have anything against the black person for his skin color, but I do get tired the black person for his attitude. Oh, they throw their arms in the air about how we "enslaved" them but fail to see that their OWN people sold them and MANY OF THEIR OWN people bought them as well. They also tend to forget that slavery still exists in some form in Africa today. They also tend to forget that yes, a some white people enslaved them but MANY white people freed them.
Adapt and overcome. Bill Cosby said it best and the blacks hate him for it.
I seem to remember we have a little bit more than slavery to complain about. Last time I checked, it was whites that created jim crow laws, burning crosses on front lawns, turning on fire hoses, racial profiling, seperate bathrooms, "no blacks allowed in here", I could go on, but you get the point. I love how white people, who were the reason for holding blacks down for so long, feel they should tell us to get over it now, especially when racism is alive and well in 2012. Thats like me assaulting a kid, he suffers mental and physical problems for years after and I tell him he should get over it, it happened years ago.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,470,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'd like for you to read your own posts and cut and paste the exact evidence that justified 2 F's. Who issued them, for what, and why? The way you're speaking to me you sound like you have a grievance with organization of any kind, which isn't a valid grievance. It's an irrational expectation of a civilization you're not meaningfully taking responsibility for yourself. I suspect you are much younger than I, and so, your perception has yet to evolve until you feel the yoke of responsibility fully on your own back and have to problem solve rather than complain like a baby bird wanting a worm. I don't think you're there yet.

The bold in your post is a conviction based on circumstantial feelings, not based on facts. That's prejudice, dear. How would anyone ever going get beyond prejudice if they're mimicking the people they claim to be taking issue over? This includes the prejudice Catholics experienced at the hands of well heeled Protestants failing to uphold their own stated principles. Once we all agree on the principles, the quarrel was ended by most with the intelligence to realize what was most important.

Am I leery of illegal immigrants? Yes I am. Here's a little bit of the reasoning why. I had a bench warrant for my arrest once. It was entirely unfounded. A police officer tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that I had been driving around uninsured for half a year. Untrue. I had the insurance card right there in my hand. That one silly piece of paper was the difference between dragging an old lady out of her car, handcuffing her, and throwing her in the humiliation pokey on a technicality that got out of hand. Getting to the bottom of the problem took 2 weeks. Turns out some clerk from my insurance company transposed numbers and sent it off to DMV verification. When things didn't match up DMV defaulted to the conclusion that I had no insurance and the burden of proof of innocence got put upon me but they were sending warning notices to someone else's address. The address of the transposed numbers. DMV had this verification policy because there were too many illegal immigrants driving around uninsured, or with forged insurance papers, and I got caught up in a legal dragnet wrongfully as a result.

Now, I could tell the story that the cops were persecuting me. They're thugs. They're beasts. They didn't write the law, and the law had nothing to do with race. It had to do with legal compliance of motorists. I could tell the story that the insurance company was persecuting me when it was in fact a simple error which was NOT a personal attack. They apologized and made it right. That's enough, and I remain a loyal customer for decades. I could tell the story that bureaucrats were ruining my world over one error, when in truth those bureaucrats prevent more mistakes than they make keeping the wheels of civilization turning fairly smoothly. People never measure honestly about prevention or success stories. They harp on the single error as if any human being has the capacity to be a machine, and that injustice done to low wage workers is wrong.

I would hope my grievance directed @ DMV convicting me & forcing me to prove innocence shaped their policies further with the objective of preventing this from happening to anyone else in a nation where you are innocent until proven guilty. With reasoned argument, minus hissy fits, the DMV manager realized that principles were not well served in this case and promised to send it up the chain to improve procedures. You're welcome, everyone. This too is what democracy is about. It involves being inconvenienced at times to ensure that principles are upheld even handedly for the greater good of all.

I can also tell myself the story that illegal immigrants have cost me in more ways than one because my insurance premiums doubled for 'uninsured motorist' coverage. Briefly residing in California long ago it was approaching triple. In other words, I was forced to pay someone else's insurance obligation just in case they hit me. Fair? Hell no. They also cost me when I'm law abiding and special legal procedures have to be concocted to compensate for their scofflaw habits. They also cost me when I go to the laundromat to wash my oversized comforters, put a 20 in the coin machine, and can't turn my back a minute moving coins to my wallet before one of them believes free money just came out of a slot machine. They didn't get away with it, however, it erodes the community of respect and common decency that they <allegedly> came here to enjoy. Race relations are forged every day by how well or how poorly we treat one another. Have been schooled enough by these experiences with illegal immigrants? Do I have enough information?

Have white folks been burdened with illegals? Yes. Have they been treated unfairly by illegals? Yes. Have they been disrespect by illegals? Yes. Are illegals importing racism to America? Go ask blacks & asians what they think when they too have to pay triple insurance premiums. When illegal immigrants are selling drugs in their neighborhoods & putting graffiti on their schools & streets signs. Ask the asian shop keepers harassed by illegal immigrant gangs. Ignorance of the law is no defense for asians, whites or blacks, but willful ignorance from illegal immigrants that have no regard for property rights IS?

Is it fair that native born latinos be presumed illegal immigrant? Why were they passively accepting it so long at the expense of the community? They're not as innocent as they claim. It's my sincerest wish that native born well adjusted latinos would set themselves to task cleaning up this porch and get it meaningfully solved or run the risk of continuing to facilitate prejudice themselves. If any other group of individuals were inflicting themselves on latinos they'd have just cause for grievance. Standing silent when injustice is perpetrated by 'their own', which are not really their own when there's trouble involved, but are their own when political power potential is involved, doesn't serve truth, justice, or the principles that founded this nation.

Am I blaming YOU for this mess? No, but you're neither helping solutions along, and worse, you're adding fuel to the fire with more misdirection of blame muddling the issues involved. You're refusing to acknowledge the grievances that people are reacting to. The people who rang the dinner bell inviting illegals here standing on the foot of border patrol and INS in the first place went laughing to the bank long ago leaving us all stuck cleaning up their mess, disrupting race relations and citizenship for all equally. They imported poverty to America, and gee, I wonder why the war on poverty hasn't worked out when SOME people mean to preserve it/ recreate slavery for profit??

True story from Long Island: I have no grievance with Portuguese nationals until they buy a suburban home and become slum lords by illegally renting it out to 40 illegal immigrants hot racking and running a garden hose for raw sewage into the back yard. When some of these 40 illegals are refugees from the laws of their nation of origin. When some of them are dealing drugs. When all of them are loitering at 7-11 and home depot parking lots in an under ground economy dodging taxes. When one or two of them is preying on little girls standing at their bus stop on the way to school. Fact: there's nothing to get along with here. If they're unwilling to adjust to a new standard of living & commit themselves fully to upholding citizenship they need to leave.

You aren't as innocent as you believe so long as you remain oblivious to wrongdoing in false representation. So long as you turn a blind eye to injustice you perpetrate yourself, and the injustice perpetrated by illegals.
I am 52 for what that matters. I did not deserve the two failing grades. I had surpassed all my credits and expectations, regardless of my race. I have no grievances, I am happy and successful, own my own garden business and am thriving. I was only posting to the thread. I have no problems dealing with any organization, I myself am neighborhood watch block captain and deal with the sheriffs and highway patrol. I have no problem with those in authority. Most people that know me would say I have few grievances. I thought this thread was about if white people have it easier. Being the only white person in a Mexican family puts me in a position not many white people experience. Looking at me and assuming I grew up white because I am white is a major assumption many make with me. I identify with being hispanic as if I had brown eyes, brown skin and black hair. That is who I grew up with.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:03 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the white felon getting the same callback rate as a clean black is the most troublesome thing.

it proves that too many white hiring managers are fixated on race.
Yep buy they won't admit it, they're rather say your an angry lib before admit favorism amount employees. Everyone fixated on race, the reason we usually have difficulty finding work, we don't have any connections to bring us on board.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I often wonder if that's not some of the problem with the high black employment rate. Large corporations hire black people, but many small businesses don't. I've heard that some small business owners are afraid to hire blacks because of the perception that they may sued if they try to fire a worker who is black for poor work. Perhaps this is because blacks have had to resort to using the courts to address grievances in the past and now employers fear lawsuits so much? I have no idea, but I doubt that most small business owners are racist, so that is the only other conclusion I can come to.
They're usually hire males at lower level jobs and give the females a higher position. It's all a part of separating the potential black family. Black men have it worse than black women by far, women aren't considered a threat to white men we are if we have our heads together.

It's all about perception, we aren't viewed as professionals but entertainers, white people see me and immediately call me brother or bring up sports or something hip that they I can relate to. Stereotyping is the main reason for the black struggle and America does it better than anyone else. It's very hard for me to take republicans or whites in general seriously as a black man living in America. They'll never understand nor relate.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
They're usually hire males at lower level jobs and give the females a higher position. It's all a part of separating the potential black family. Black men have it worse than black women by far, women aren't considered a threat to white men we are if we have our heads together.

It's all about perception, we aren't viewed as professionals but entertainers, white people see me and immediately call me brother or bring up sports or something hip that they I can relate to. Stereotyping is the main reason for the black struggle and America does it better than anyone else. It's very hard for me to take republicans or whites in general seriously as a black man living in America. They'll never understand nor relate.
Well, I think a lot has to with how blacks are portrayed on the news media, not saying the news media is completely unfair, but I am sure it may be slightly exaggerated. When I see most/alot of the arrests for violent crime that takes place involve young black males, what am I supposed to think? I know it is stereotyping, but I think self preservation kicks in also. I know most blacks are good people, but sometimes I wonder when I see the way ghetto blacks behave. So, who do we believe, who do we trust? I am confused. I also wonder if it is some kind of game played by blacks to confuse white people. I also believe you are being misrepresented by ghetto blacks, and as a whole it makes all blacks look bad. So in our(whites) best interest, we stay away completely and prefer to live our lives separately.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 02-27-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.