U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2012, 06:18 AM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,922,400 times
Reputation: 1354

Advertisements

Clinton Makes Another Apology? Tells Tunisians That Half Of Americans Should Be Ignored? Because her values are what we REALLY are all about?

Hillary = unemployed in Nov.


http://www.city-data.com/forum/newth...ewthread&f=114

February 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm
Clinton tells Muslims in Tunisia to ignore partisan campaign talk
  • By Matthew Lee
Tunis, Tunisia U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton advised an audience in Tunisia on Saturday to "not pay attention" to the comments made by candidates vying for the Republican presidential nomination, saying the often overheated rhetoric of the campaign doesn't reflect U.S. policy.

Speaking at a town-hall style event in Tunisia, the North African nation that sparked the "Arab Spring" revolts, Clinton said the partisan remarks made during campaign events "certainly don't reflect the United States, don't reflect our foreign policy, don't reflect who we are as a people."
Clinton's remarks came in response to a question from a member of her audience who said he was troubled by some of the comments, which he considered anti-Muslim, made by candidates running for president.
"If you go to the United States, you see mosques everywhere, you see Muslim-Americans everywhere. That's the fact. So I would not pay attention to the rhetoric," she said.

Instead, she advised people to listen instead to President Barack Obama.
"I think that will be a very clear signal to the entire world as to what our values are," Clinton said.

She added she is sometimes surprised people around the world pay more attention to what's said in U.S. political campaigns than do most Americans.

"I think you have to shut out some of the rhetoric and just focus on what we're doing and what we stand for and particularly what our president represents," Clinton said.

Obama has come under fierce criticism from Republicans for apologizing for the burning of Qurans at a military base in Afghanistan. GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich said while campaigning that the apology was "astonishing" and Obama "has gone so far at appeasing radical Islamists that he is failing in his duty as commander in chief."

American military officials say the burning of the Muslim holy books was a mistake, but it has sparked days of violent protests across Afghanistan.


Hillary is wrong. Barack doesn't represent all Americans. And telling Tunisians to ignore what Republican candidates are saying is horse crap.

I already know what half of you are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,314,837 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Clinton Makes Another Apology? Tells Tunisians That Half Of Americans Should Be Ignored? Because her values are what we REALLY are all about?

Hillary = unemployed in Nov.


http://www.city-data.com/forum/newth...ewthread&f=114

February 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm
Clinton tells Muslims in Tunisia to ignore partisan campaign talk
  • By Matthew Lee
Tunis, Tunisia U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton advised an audience in Tunisia on Saturday to "not pay attention" to the comments made by candidates vying for the Republican presidential nomination, saying the often overheated rhetoric of the campaign doesn't reflect U.S. policy.

Speaking at a town-hall style event in Tunisia, the North African nation that sparked the "Arab Spring" revolts, Clinton said the partisan remarks made during campaign events "certainly don't reflect the United States, don't reflect our foreign policy, don't reflect who we are as a people."
Clinton's remarks came in response to a question from a member of her audience who said he was troubled by some of the comments, which he considered anti-Muslim, made by candidates running for president.
"If you go to the United States, you see mosques everywhere, you see Muslim-Americans everywhere. That's the fact. So I would not pay attention to the rhetoric," she said.

Instead, she advised people to listen instead to President Barack Obama.
"I think that will be a very clear signal to the entire world as to what our values are," Clinton said.

She added she is sometimes surprised people around the world pay more attention to what's said in U.S. political campaigns than do most Americans.

"I think you have to shut out some of the rhetoric and just focus on what we're doing and what we stand for and particularly what our president represents," Clinton said.

Obama has come under fierce criticism from Republicans for apologizing for the burning of Qurans at a military base in Afghanistan. GOP hopeful Newt Gingrich said while campaigning that the apology was "astonishing" and Obama "has gone so far at appeasing radical Islamists that he is failing in his duty as commander in chief."

American military officials say the burning of the Muslim holy books was a mistake, but it has sparked days of violent protests across Afghanistan.


Hillary is wrong. Barack doesn't represent all Americans. And telling Tunisians to ignore what Republican candidates are saying is horse crap.

I already know what half of you are thinking.
Half? You mean ignore what 20% of Americans think, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 AM
 
21,540 posts, read 11,615,071 times
Reputation: 12302
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Half? You mean ignore what 20% of Americans think, don't you?
I think you got it about right Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 AM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,922,400 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think you got it about right Bob

Yup, whatever you say.

Last edited by Yooperkat; 02-26-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,651,860 times
Reputation: 22283
This administration is the most apologizing one yet to the haters of the USA.

Obama is sending US men to die in Afghanistan but will not support them -- why? And who wouldn't expect this from Hillary? She's always despised this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,438,955 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This administration is the most apologizing one yet to the haters of the USA.

Obama is sending US men to die in Afghanistan but will not support them -- why? And who wouldn't expect this from Hillary? She's always despised this country.
By Golly Whitaker, I'm there with ya Bob!!!!

So what if a couple of Marines **** on dead bodies, so what if soldiers plan and execute civilians and then plant weapons on their bodies, so what if they lie about it at their court marshals.

So what if our soldiers start cutting body parts as souvenirs and desecrating the bodies of other Humans.

So what if our soldiers are warned not to burn the Korans, if they were burned, not to let any of the Muslims see the burning of the Koran, if it must be destroyed

So what if our soldiers are taught this before and while deployed.

So what, if we know that we are in a people's country that think differently about their religious book than most any other people and to damage it will cause more trouble than it's worth.

I mean we MUST NOT and WILL NOT ever apologize when we have made a mistake!!
WE ARE 'MERICANS AND CAN KICK EVERY BODIES ASS ON THE PLANET!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,922,400 times
Reputation: 1354
We had nothing to apologize for in this incident.

And for Hillary Sanger Clinton to tell Muslims to ignore the thoughts of our Next President - a Republican - is near censorship.

Clinton does not represent the feelings of most Americans.

She can go jump in a lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 5,007,252 times
Reputation: 3304
I tend to agree with her on. Those wing bats don’t represent what America is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 AM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Reputation: 18050
He might have included Obama too. of course Obama told the canadians to ignore his comments that were anti-canadian last campign sayig it was just campaign rethoric. perhaps see what he said and di that was good advise for all listneig to candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 AM
 
Location: FL
1,137 posts, read 2,447,342 times
Reputation: 787
Yooperkat,
I think Hillary may become president in November. Do not believe a politician who says they have no interest in running for anything that gives them more control and power.
I have absolutly no trust of Hillary or BHussein Obama.
This koran burning BO and HC could care less of the outcome IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top