Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,131 times

Advertisements

does that mean that two straight people who get married that knew each other for one day and got drunk and got married have a more 'real' and 'meaningful' and 'spiritual' relationship that a gay couple who have been together for 40 years and have supported each other through good and bad times?

which one is allowed to get married and which one isn't.. and why?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
I've never heard nor would I EVER believe that "straight" couples are more "spiritually pure" than gay couples.....whoever told you that probably has something against gay people.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Statistically, how many people get married after knowing each other for 1 day?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,008,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
does that mean that two straight people who get married that knew each other for one day and got drunk and got married have a more 'real' and 'meaningful' and 'spiritual' relationship that a gay couple who have been together for 40 years and have supported each other through good and bad times?

Why would any thinking person attempt to use the irresponsible behavior of anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, as a means to advance their personal agenda?

Idiots and fools will be idiots and fools regardless of their sexual orientation.

I don't care who or what you sleep with, have fun. While having that fun exhibit the courtesy to keep your sexual preferences behind closed doors where they belong. If you insist on rubbing my nose in your sexual preferences I will object to your actions based on the nose rubbing rather than your preferences.

If gays want to be treated equally they should stop demanding special attention. If you insist on demanding special consideration due to your sexual preferences some of that attention will be negative. It's the way of the world, deal with it.

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-26-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Another homosexual activism thread.

What are your thoughts about the economy?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

Dude, you need to talk to someone person to person about your issues, live your life and let these thoughts go away.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Why would any thinking person attempt to use the irresponsible behavior of anyone, regardless of sexual orientation, as a means to advance their personal agenda?

Idiots and fools will be idiots and fools regardless of their sexual orientation.

I don't care who or what you sleep with, have fun. While having that fun exhibit the courtesy to keep your sexual preferences behind closed doors where they belong. If you insist on rubbing my nose in your sexual preferences I will object to your actions based on the nose rubbing rather than your preferences.

If gays want to be treated equally they should stop demanding special attention. If you insist on demanding special consideration due to your sexual preferences some of that attention will be negative.
How can they rub your nose in anything if they don't know your sexual preference to begin with?

Are they telepathic, or did you tell them?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post

If gays want to be treated equally they should stop demanding special attention.
Ok, so EQUALITY = SPECIAL ATTENTION? So, if gays would just say nothing, and do nothing, there would be marriage equality? LOL.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How can they rub your nose in anything if they don't know your sexual preference to begin with?

Are they telepathic, or did you tell them?
What does my preference have to do with someone insisting on wearing their preference on their sleeve?

Is the concept of keeping sexual matters between those that engage in them (regardless of their orientation) private really that hard for you to comprehend?

Old 02-26-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Ok, so EQUALITY = SPECIAL ATTENTION? So, if gays would just say nothing, and do nothing, there would be marriage equality? LOL.
No, if government removed itself from the issue of marriage (which is none of it's concern) there would be equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies