Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There you go again. Tell me which programs the military is detrimental to?

I'm really not sure why I keep responding to your posts. The very same thing you rail against conservatives about you yourself engage in.....including not providing ANY facts to substantiate your claims.
decrease some of the funding to military and put it towards other programs. See, that wasn't hard, was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good points!

And the point of this Repugnant thread is too further class warfare, demonize the poor(Repugs always need a good demon to take people's attention away from their own inbred evilness), take our attention away from the Wealthy(their ONLY god) who have raped this country into economic failure...

That HAS to be their reason becasue one would hope that they can't be so STUPID that they think humans will quit reproducing when they haven't for the last 10,000 years...OH ya They're Repugs they ARE THAT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!
Who said anything about stop reproducing? I could give a rats ass if a family has 28 children...as long as they don't require my tax dollars to put food in their mouth!

What's so hard to understand about that? And why do you insist on twisting and contorting the theme of this thread?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Stop the checks.

Problem solved.
How exactly would the problem be solved? please elaborate, without adding in the gross assumption that people will stop having unplanned babies if these programs ended.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Your leftie brain will not allow you to comprehend the fact that nobody wants to make contraception illegal. Santorum is a Catholic, so his faith tell him that contraception is wrong. That's personal, just like JFK.
Your programmed right wing mind won't let you comprehend the fact that the right wingers would do everything in their power to eliminate contraception and/or make it as difficult as possible to get. Forcing their "big government" religious ideologues on people is one of the 1st things on the agenda.

Quote:
People do NOT want to foot the bill for other peoples contraception.
They don't, it's covered under most insurance or people pay out of their own pocket

Quote:
People do NOT want to fund other peoples abortions.
The taxpayer is not funding abortions, that's illegal to do.

Quote:
People do NOT want to support other peoples kids.
You're right, but in the radical right's mind, you can bet they would up spending like you've never seen to pay for all these new "little angels"

Quote:
I disagree vehemently with abortion. I would NOT however want the government to make it illegal.
Again you may not, but your beloved GOP and other right wing nutcases would love to see abortion illegal.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

I've been conversing with you for a long time, and that's not something I believe you really want. You're not the kind of person who wants children going hungry.
Could have fooled me since he hasn't attempted to suggest a proposal that wouldn't have a detrimental affect on the children. Still waiting for that...

Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 PM

580 posts, read 449,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Care to provide an opinion or logic Mr. 2 Posts? Thats what we do around here. Embrace it or leave the thread.
Sorry dude, but logic left this thread with your 1st post. You come on here to try and deride probably the most effective government assistance program in this country; spout all your hyperbole without a shred of research to back up your claims of lazy, unemployed, baby-factory mothers...and expect to be taken seriously...

If you're so worried about your tax money going to 'wasteful' programs, why don't you start a thread about the tax subsidies to big oil? Which dwarf those to WIC...Or tax breaks to GE? Which dwarf those to WIC...

...seriously, you sound like a 20 yr old, who has absolutely no life experiences whatsoever, but who has all the answers...

...just go away, please.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The problem will never be resolved.

Because no form of birth control is 100% effective. There will ALWAYS be unplanned pregnancies. There will ALWAYS be financial crises that send otherwise solid citizens into situations where they need financial help and family, friends and churches won't be enough.
"We the People" are certainly not responsible.

In fact, welfare, food stamps, WIC medicaid, medicare and SS are ALL unconstitutional.

The three branches of our government are NOT constitutionally allowed to provide these programs.

Read the Constitution....it will enlighten you!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

ME??? Oh geez... you don't know the first thing about me. If I had the authority, I would require that people have demonstrable proof that they can entirely afford a child, so that it does not place a burden on the rest of us.

BTW... I am not a Repug.
Yes, you are....You equate a car (a make believe car at that) with a baby, a child , a human....that makes you a Repug.

AND as a Repug you only whine, you never offer a solution. THAT is so Repug.
And demanding that people stop having inconvenient babies is NO solution....it's just a Repug wishing for some La-la Land Utopia....where they can live for free...like some bum...with NO responsibilities...

And please do not drive your car on the freeway MY taxes paid for.

Quote:
Stop sending checks.

People will survive. They'll have to depend on family, friends and their churches.

Two generations and the problem will be resolved.

After all, aren't ghetto people always marching for community togetherness?

Didn't hillary state that it takes a village to raise a child?
Any proof that family, friends, and churches will be enough to pick up the slack. These things exist now and yet all three of these haven't been able to decrease the dependency on government aid (family and friends can be just as poor as the recipient and some churches are losing money or just aren't big enough to meet the need).

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so simple.
Before you have children, save your pennies (I sure did). Carry a lot of health, disability and life insurance (I would get paid more if I didn't work, due to self-insurance). Actually, I feel that is your obligation, if you have a family. Don't sponge off the rest of us, as we don't owe anything to you.
You can identify birth defects early in the pregnancy, or long-term disease (my entire family is in the medical field). If you choose to go through with it, with congenital defects, please don't as me to pay for it.

Quote:" How do you account that into your equation?"

Easy. You made your bed, now sleep in it. I ask nothing from you, so please ask don't ask anything from me. Fair is fair. It is not written anywhere that you are owed anything from the government, other than the few laws that state the unalienable rights.

Fair enough?
Not sure why your entire family being in the medical field has anything to do with anything but congrats. I have Google as well as family in the medical field as well.

Back to your response though. Do you abort the babies of people who cannot afford to have them? Once they are pregnant it's a little late don't you think? Now what you are saying is that the person gets pregnant and since they are poor then you take the baby or kill it? Is that right?

Quote:
If I had the authority, I would require that people have demonstrable proof that they can entirely afford a child, so that it does not place a burden on the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies