Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So substandard service should receive a generous tip anyway? Is that akin to everyone gets a trophy? If the manager were anygood he/she would not tolerate servers who were sub-par.

I get an average to above average server about 30% of the time anymore. Usually the quality of service is commensurate with the quality of the establishment and the age of the server (but not always).
I think if service were so bad it warranted a 1% tip I would tell the manager and leave. I have no issue with leaving a small tip for substandard service, but 1% is ridiculous, as was the comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Has anyone read any information from a credible source that states the story is a fake?

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Has anyone read from a credible site it's real?! After all it was the Hfpo.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I think if service were so bad it warranted a 1% tip I would tell the manager and leave. I have no issue with leaving a small tip for substandard service, but 1% is ridiculous, as was the comment.
Meh......not really.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Has anyone read from a credible site it's real?! After all it was the Hfpo.
Huffington Post broke the story??? I thought it came from a random blog.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:31 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Blame Barack Obama.....yes...I said Barack Obama....for engaging this country in the 1% v. 99% Bull Tripe. Its entirely possible that "1%" would have never even entered this boss' conciousness had there not been a Liberal Uprising Against the Rich.

A tip is probably not the best use of protest, but the bottom line is that te "rich" are people too, and believe it or not they know how to be resentful as well.

Blame your President for the mentality we're seeing in America.

I don't begrudge this guy at all.
This guy better pray that his name does not get out. If it does he wont be visiting any restaurants soon otherwise he'll be tasting the 99 percenter's DNA in one form or the other.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Gee, I must hate myself if what you're saying is true. First two years of my job experience was fast food before moving up to sales person at Target in the toy dept during the Christmas holidays. Left there after joining the Navy. For the past 12 1/2 years I've been working in a hospital boiler room and I gross about $35,000 a year. Pay isn't great but it's steady work with benefits. Our hospital just celebrated it's 100 years of service and business is picking up for us now that our major competitor moved across town.
My brother-in-law is a diesel mechanic, some relatives' occupations include bank teller, auto glass repair/replacement, auto paint/body, truck driver, and carpet/flooring installer.
My whole point was that you where making assumptions off of something I never even said about the service or the person's title. It had to do with the action.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying what you do and I have tons of respect for blue collar workers. I work in commercial staffing so I know the work that goes into these jobs.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Hmm. Not pleasant but I guess our fearless leader of the free world Barack Obama shouldn't have started a class warfare against people who work their asses off to get into the to coveted 1% bracket. Actions have consequences, right OWS?
Christ, do you really think most of those who own and control the vast majority of this nation worked their ass off? They're idiot sons and daughters who inherited that money, who use Wall Street and lawyers to bust their asses for them. Don't think for a minute after GWB was the pres that millions of Americans where already pissed off before Obama was even elected and this coming from someone who voted twice for GWB.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
I wonder if this is the opening of a second new front in the republitard war on anyone making under $500,000. First it was war on the teachers...is it war on waiters now? I mean the funny thing is, I always thought that waiters were basically your libertarian types. They might be grungy and listen to weird music, but these are the last types republitards need to be riling at the moment.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I think most people have left without leaving a tip before sometime in their life. At least he left 1%. Maybe the service was crappy
Then why respond on the receipt "get a real job" instead of "learn how to do your job" . However, there seems to be more to this story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies