Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Israeli officials say they won't warn the U.S. if they decide to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities, according to one U.S. intelligence official familiar with the discussions. The pronouncement, delivered in a series of private, top-level conversations, sets a tense tone ahead of meetings in the coming days at the White House and Capitol Hill.

Israeli officials said that if they eventually decide a strike is necessary, they would keep the Americans in the dark to decrease the likelihood that the U.S. would be held responsible for failing to stop Israel's potential attack. The U.S. has been working with the Israelis for months to convince them that an attack would be only a temporary setback to Iran's nuclear program.
AP Source: Israel Won't Warn U.S. Before Iran Strike : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2012/02/28/147552939/ap-source-israel-wont-warn-u-s-before-iran-strike - broken link)

I think this pretty much sums it up regarding the future of Iran's nuclear program. It will be struck, and the United States will be dragged into another war.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 02-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: SPELLING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
AP Source: Israel Won't Warn U.S. Before Iran Strike : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2012/02/28/147552939/ap-source-israel-wont-warn-u-s-before-iran-strike - broken link)

I think this pretty much sums it up regarding the future of Iran's nuclear program. It will be struck, and the United States will dragged into another war.
I don't think the Israeli's need the US to mop up Iran. If they feel they need to do this for their own security then they should.

We are downsizing our military to defense only and that will not be changed.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:

I think this pretty much sums it up regarding the future of Iran's nuclear program. It will be struck, and the United States will dragged into another war.
Nor should they have to. We are thousands of miles away. They are right there. This is like a guy across town having to call me to get permission to shoot an intruder in his house.

This is what happens when the US meddles in everything around the world.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Nor should they have to. We are thousands of miles away. They are right there. This is like a guy across town having to call me to get permission to shoot an intruder in his house.

This is what happens when the US meddles in everything around the world.
A better analogy is that your cousin wants to burn down the brewry over by his house and if he does it....your weekly beer budget is going to up so much you are going to have to cut back.

Pete! Pete! You better not be startin nuthin with da brewery folks ya idget!

Not to mention that the larger brewery that you get a lot of your beer from at a discount may also be disrupted and they've told you to keep your crazy cousin Pete from causing trouble.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A better analogy is that your cousin wants to burn down the brewry over by his house and if he does it....your weekly beer budget is going to up so much you are going to have to cut back.

Pete! Pete! You better not be startin nuthin with da brewery folks ya idget!

Not to mention that the larger brewery that you get a lot of your beer from at a discount may also be disrupted and they've told you to keep your crazy cousin Pete from causing trouble.
Now you are talking my language

This should play right into Obama's plan to raise gas prices forcing Americans to cut back on consumption. He is like a puppet master.

Companies should get tax credits for allowing people to telecommute IMO. There are jobs out there that don't require going into an office yet the old school corporate mentality is that people have to. The lamest excuse is that they are worried about the people slacking off or productivity dropping. If you are that worried then why hire the person in the first place?

No commute = sleeping longer = more refreshed = higher productivity and less stress from commuting. Hell I would work 2 extra hours per day if I could just to not sit in traffic.

Last edited by tluv00; 02-28-2012 at 12:03 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Oh sorry.....I got off topic. Damn beer discussion.

Regardless of what happens the current administration will be castrated so who cares what Israel does. Just stay away from my breweries.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:

I think this pretty much sums it up regarding the future of Iran's nuclear program. It will be struck, and the United States will be dragged into another war.
Iran's been trying pretty hard, to persuade the world that it really does want to destroy Israel and annihilate all the Jews. And they have been directly behind most of the attempts to fire thousands of rockets into that country, set off suicide bombs there and elsewhere, etc.

Hell, I'm convinced.

Given their attitude on this subject, that makes the idea of their acquiring nuclear weapons, unacceptable.

Inexplicably, some in this country find it perfectly acceptable. Though those same people would be horror-stricken at the idea of giving a screaming bully 6-year-old, a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger
We are downsizing our military to defense only and that will not be changed.
Not by the present Commander-In-Chief.

The same Commander-in-Chief who, while he gives lipservice to the idea of preventing Iran from acquiring nukes, pursues a foreign policy virtually certain to bring it about.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Oh they'll know, don't worry.

Plausible deniability

Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
I agree with Israel 100%, if they let them know of a pending military strike the obama white house would immediately call their brothers in Iran...

Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I agree with Israel 100%, if they let them know of a pending military strike the obama white house would immediately call their brothers in Iran...

Dumbest Thing Ever Said Award - Sun Myung Moon - YouTube

You get my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies