Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Not mistaken at all (see his response above).

What is mistaken is targeting specific religions, isn't it?
Instead of being an agitator, why not try reading the bill that I have provided a link for? It clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about

Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What laws do we have that violate U.S. law or local Florida law?
Applying Jewish law violates this new FL law. Why do you think the Florida Jews are upset about it?

"under the Senate bill, and another ready for a vote by the entire House, an observant Orthodox couple would "effectively be barred from following their faith and using a Jewish tribunal to dissolve their marriage"

Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
It doesn't target specific religions, maybe YOU should read the bill as I have.
True, this is why the banning of Jewish courts was 'accidental', and I am sure this will gnaw away from Christian rights as well, also by 'accident'. These kinds of government intrusions always have unintended consequences.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
It doesn't target specific religions, maybe YOU should read the bill as I have.
Not sure what bill you've read, but would you mind explaining why this bill is needed now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Instead of being an agitator, why not try reading the bill that I have provided a link for? It clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about
You read the bill right? You said "It prevents judges from using foreign opinions, laws, etc.". I asked... what do you take "foreign opinions" and "foreign laws" to be?

Don't try to deflect... answer.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You read the bill right? You said "It prevents judges from using foreign opinions, laws, etc.". I asked... what do you take "foreign opinions" and "foreign laws" to be?

Don't try to deflect... answer.
Look at my posts on the first page. Go on, it won't kill you. Won't kill you either to use those reading comprehension skills that you learned in school. I provided a link for you to read the text of the bill in case you were too lazy to google it yourself

Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True, this is why the banning of Jewish courts was 'accidental', and I am sure this will gnaw away from Christian rights as well, also by 'accident'. These kinds of government intrusions always have unintended consequences.
It doesn't bar Jewish Courts, it simply doesn't allow for punishments that violate Federal or State law.

From the bill -
Quote:

65 (3) Any court, arbitration, tribunal, or administrative
66 agency ruling or decision violates the public policy of this
67 state and is void and unenforceable if the court, arbitration,
68 tribunal, or administrative agency bases its ruling or decision
69 in the matter at issue in whole or in part on any foreign law,
70 legal code, or system that does not grant the parties affected
71 by the ruling or decision the same fundamental liberties,
72 rights, and privileges guaranteed by the State Constitution or
73 the United States Constitution.
(b) This subsection does not limit the right of a natural
86 person in this state to voluntarily restrict or limit his or her
87 fundamental liberties, rights, and privileges guaranteed by the
88 State Constitution or the United States Constitution by contract
89 or specific waiver consistent with constitutional principles,
90 but the language of any such contract or other waiver must be
91 strictly construed in favor of preserving such liberties,
92 rights, and privileges.

It doesn't bar Jewish Courts, it simply doesn't allow for punishments that violate Federal or State law.

does not grant the parties affected by the ruling or decision the same fundamental liberties, rights, and privileges guaranteed by the State Constitution or the United States Constitution.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Look at my posts on the first page. Go on, it won't kill you. Won't kill you either to use those reading comprehension skills that you learned in school. I provided a link for you to read the text of the bill in case you were too lazy to google it yourself
That statement is from your response in the first page. Why are you scared of elaborating on your take of "foreign ideas and laws"?

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
That statement is from your response in the first page. Why are you scared of elaborating on your take of "foreign ideas and laws"?
Why haven't you read the bill still? My take is whatever the bill says and the bill makes no specific designation. Read the bill, not what the article author says

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
So you as a liberal want to mold religion and politics/courts?!?

Why would this suprise you? Progressives bow at the altar of multi-culturalism as long as it is to the destruction of the US Constituion and the power of the states.

Quote:

From the bill -

does not grant the parties affected by the ruling or decision the same fundamental liberties, rights, and privileges guaranteed by the State Constitution or the United States Constitution.
Facts are of little importance to the OP and the peanut gallery in what was clearly intended to be a troll thread.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:

From the bill -

Thank you. I swear, liberals have reading comprehension problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies