Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Believing in God and believing in Jesus Christ are two different things. Islamists believe in God - not in Christ.

I don't know any Christians who get violent against unbelievers. I don't recall any news stories either. Do you know any?
How about the people who kill abortion doctors and bomb clinics? Perfect example.

How about the IRA?

There is a LONG list of Christian violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM

45,539 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Most of the attempts to strip the Constitution are not coming from Muslims
I'm glad you post "most" in your statement.

And even if they are not a part of an effort to remove the Constitution, they would gladly take advantage if the Constitution was removed.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
"Is anti-Sharia legislation is necessary?"

No.

I believe that those advocating such legislation are expressing their prejudice, and sometimes racism against a group of people who choose to worship differently than they do. They're the low-lifes in our society, the advocates.
When did Muslims become a race?

Radical Islam is every much a political movement as it is religious. Therefore, this issue is not simply defined to 1st Amendment arguements.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,216,945 times
Quote:
I'm glad you post "most" in your statement.

And even if they are not a part of an effort to remove the Constitution, they would gladly take advantage if the Constitution was removed.
Why focus on a group who isn't part of the effort to remove the law that would prevent Sharia law? If someone is so concerned about Sharia law, focus on the movement that is trying to destroy the laws that prevent it. What do you think?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
How about the people who kill abortion doctors and bomb clinics? Perfect example.

How about the IRA?

There is a LONG list of Christian violence.
Got examples of abortion violence?

Was the IRA fighting for Christian causes? I'm asking because I don't know and haven't looked it up - but figured you would know since you made the claim.

And what's the LONG list? - And don't take me back to the stone ages - the last 20-30 years please.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Believing in God and believing in Jesus Christ are two different things. Islamists believe in God - not in Christ.

I don't know any Christians who get violent against unbelievers. I don't recall any news stories either. Do you know any?
Like I said.....being held off. Many Christians would love Government enforced Christain law. having said that sharia is not in the category with this. These people (sharia) would not let me say this statement. Also my wife would be a problem since (damn it) she thinks for herself

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
The Florida Republicans wrote an anti-muslim bill, basically declaring that any court decision which is influenced by religion (or foreign law) will be VOID. Now the Jews are outraged, because the law makes the Jewish court Beth Din illegal. They have been operating the Jewish courts around the country for a long time, and most people didn't even know they existed. They exist for Jews to settle their own civil disputes like prenups, child custody, loans etc.

The republican anti-religion bill may have had the right intentions, but as usual the unintended consequences far outweigh any benefits that bill may have had.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Why focus on a group who isn't part of the effort to remove the law that would prevent Sharia law? If someone is so concerned about Sharia law, focus on the movement that is trying to destroy the laws that prevent it. What do you think?
That's what I said in the OP - don't change the laws, deal with the people, or in this case, the people in the movement.

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When did Muslims become a race?

Radical Islam is every much a political movement as it is religious. Therefore, this issue is not simply defined to 1st Amendment arguements.
Yes LLM you are right.........omg wait.

23,526 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Odd how we have reams of un-necessary feel good laws bulging on our books so the rationale for not establishing anti sharia laws as being
un-necessary is a wash.

US judges have begun to rule in favor of sharia laws in cases across the country. sharia is simultaneously religious/civil law meted out in lieu of secular law as established in the US. It is therfore a legal predicament as ruling in consideration of sharia is to mingle religious with secular.

If the judges do not use discretion in their rulings then either we remove those judges or establish anti-sharia laws or more wonderfully remove all 'feel good' laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies