Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times

Advertisements

Left or right, black or white, I don't care who you are or what your philosophy is....this is hilarious. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Seriously? Lucky you. I'd be thrilled if I could find it for 99 cents a pound. LOL

All my other meats - roasts, pork chops, etc. - I buy only from the "reduced for quick sale" bin. If it ain't there, we don't eat it.
Yeah, our local Asian supermarket has it, and it's good stuff. AND product of USA, as all their foods are labeled with Country of Origin.

Other than that, yeah, it's on sale or reduced, plus a coupon, if possible.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Poor little baby. I cry for them as I keep up my 672 square feet mobile home as I care for my wife (spinal problems) and her 86 year old father who lives with us in an 8 feet square bedroom (the only other bedroom). I really wish people like this would come to live with me for a month.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:03 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Yeah, our local Asian supermarket has it, and it's good stuff. AND product of USA, as all their foods are labeled with Country of Origin.

Other than that, yeah, it's on sale or reduced, plus a coupon, if possible.
That Asian market isn't next to a pet store or a veterinarian is it?

Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
That Asian market isn't next to a pet store or a veterinarian is it?
Nope, nowhere close. I think the cats and dogs of Tucson are safe.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Nope, nowhere close. I think the cats and dogs of Tucson are safe.
Tucson? I went to a corporate awards retreat in Tucson. All of the awards where spelled Tuscon (they also said where the retreat was at) so they had them changed. Such a waste of money to fix them.

We partied at the old Hollywood western studio out there (this was 6 years ago). Don't remember the name but I do remember not to take shots of Tequila 4 hours into the night at a work function. Whoo buddy. Getting lost in the desert at 2am is not cool (for the people trying to find you).

Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Poor little baby. I cry for them as I keep up my 672 square feet mobile home as I care for my wife (spinal problems) and her 86 year old father who lives with us in an 8 feet square bedroom (the only other bedroom). I really wish people like this would come to live with me for a month.
Dude, that isn't a second bedroom, 8 sq ft??? Sure that isn't a closet?

But, when I was little we were so poor, for Xmas my mom would cut holes in my pockets so I had something to play with.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Seriously.......

My home (also a mobile) is around 1,000 square feet. There are just two of us here now (myself and my youngest son) but there had been five here until just a couple of years ago and I never felt like it was too small (well, except when the two kids who shared a room got tired of each other).

In a lot of ways, it almost feels too big now. In a couple of years (or less), it will be just me here and I don't know what I'll do with all the space. LOL

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
My response is it depends on where he lives as to how much money he actually has after paying mortgage groceries etc. the cost of living in some areas is Extremely high and that may be a lot of money in one state but is not in other places.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Tucson? I went to a corporate awards retreat in Tucson. All of the awards where spelled Tuscon (they also said where the retreat was at) so they had them changed. Such a waste of money to fix them.

We partied at the old Hollywood western studio out there (this was 6 years ago). Don't remember the name but I do remember not to take shots of Tequila 4 hours into the night at a work function. Whoo buddy. Getting lost in the desert at 2am is not cool (for the people trying to find you).
LOL!! Lost in the desert is bad bad bad, especially if you've been drinking!

You went to Old Tucson Studios? I've been there once, for a Pat Benatar concert. Nothing else was going on that night, though. But they do have Nightfall every fall for Halloween.

Correcting the spelling is the cost of not proofreading ahead of time. That said, I'm always amazed at the sheer number of things I see with "Tucson" misspelled. <shakes head>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies