Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Some do; some don't. As for men, some do; some don't.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Hm I do. But I didn't use to. I was one of those who were deeply interested in shopping, the lives of celebrities and etc. That all changed about a year ago right before I had my daughter. I started paying attention to what was going on around me and started getting angrier by the minute. I was completely oblivious.

I am now a few semesters from getting my degree in Political Science and will probably head to Law school after so maybe I can get more involved in Politcs in the future.

I don't understand how people, specially those with children can just ignore where the country is heading. I want my daughter to have a future.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,526 times
I think most educated women like to talk and know about politics. If you start with your own city council and get out and VOTE and then learn about what is going on in your state legislature you will get hooked in and want to know more about what is going on at the National level.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I think most educated women like to talk and know about politics. If you start with your own city council and get out and VOTE and then learn about what is going on in your state legislature you will get hooked in and want to know more about what is going on at the National level.
Newdaawn is correct, tho I don't always agree with her rabid right wing leanings

Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I've read numerous pieces of how women don't find interest in political discussions? Why is that?
I loathe politics, but who can afford to let an eye off rapscallions?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:06 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
I've read numerous pieces of how women don't find interest in political discussions? Why is that?
in social situations -- yes.

i wouldn't take that to mean that women care less about politics, just that women are less likely to sacrifice social graces for the sake of a political argument at a party. (which is smart on their part.)

Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
LOL. Anyone who says that has obviously never been around my family and friends. Or watched tv. Or listened to the radio. Or been around any group of women for any extended period of time.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 AM

840 posts, read 781,016 times
My wife does sometimes. Mostly she listens to me rant and rave lol...my mother is a little more interested she gets everything from me and goes from there...Good thing is My wife,mother,father and sister in law are Ron Paul fans brother who is voting for first time in his life is for some ungodly reason a stinking Santorum fan. Barf!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Political talk can make for interesting foreplay, especially if you're with someone who holds different political views from your own.
Back in the old days, I recall some pretty good "angry sex".

Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
LOL. Anyone who says that has obviously never been around my family and friends. Or watched tv. Or listened to the radio. Or been around any group of women for any extended period of time.

One problem I see is, they ALL have to have the last word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies