Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Jimmy Carter.....nuff said
Obama is no Jimmy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean during his first two years, when he had a super majority in the Senate and a huge majority in the House, where they passed into law the Failed Stimulus, the disaster known as obamacare, the other disaster known as Dodd-Frank, as well as taking over the student loan industry, which has driven up tuition across the nation?

All done on a party line vote.

Is that the obstructionism you're talking about?

Can't blame republicans because all of the above has failed miserably.
You are going to love Obamacare, Sanrene. You just don't know it yet.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Are you kidding me? Obama is one of the best leader this country has ever seen. He is very shrewd in his ways. I trust him to make the right decisions for America. On the other hand Romney is a shell of a man. He has no core to him. He seems like the kind of person who would be overly reliant on consultants and political strategists for every decision he makes.

Obama is genuine and it shows in his leadership style. He is not afraid to take whack for doing what is right. I can't say the same for Romney.
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry...

I don't care if anyone is a democrat, republican, whatever. Obama is not a good leader. Go ahead and support him over the GOP, but I mean come on, this is just delusional.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I'm the same with a Triumph Bonneville T100 headed into Canada with my gear and my lady on the pillion seat.

One more year here in this nuthouse and I'm HOME...
An old Bonnie and a good woman

Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The best reasons for reelecting President Obama are Mr. Romney, Mr Santorum and Mr. Gingrich. The best reasons for electing Democratic Representatives and Senators are the Republican Reactionaries currently infesting Congress. This country deserves better representation and leadership than the remains of the GOP can provide.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The best reasons for reelecting President Obama are Mr. Romney, Mr Santorum and Mr. Gingrich. The best reasons for electing Democratic Representatives and Senators are the Republican Reactionaries currently infesting Congress. This country deserves better representation and leadership than the remains of the GOP can provide.
Did you see the CBO's latest on Obamanomics?

Quote:
The President’s budget request specifies spending and revenue policies for the 2013–2022 period and also includes initiatives that would have budgetary effects in fiscal year 2012.3 CBO estimates that enactment of the President’s proposals would have the following consequences for the budget:
  • The deficit in 2012 would equal $1.3 trillion (or 8.1 percent of gross domestic product), $82 billion more than the 2012 deficit projected in CBO’s baseline.

• In 2013, the deficit would decline to $977 billion (or 6.1 percent of GDP), $365 billion more than the shortfall projected for 2013 in CBO’s baseline.

• The deficit would decline further relative to GDP in subsequent years, reaching 2.5 percent by 2017, but then would increase again, reaching 3.0 percent of GDP in 2022. The deficits after 2013 would exceed those in CBO’s baseline by between 1.4 percent and 1.9 percent of GDP each year (see Table 1).

• In all, between 2013 and 2022, deficits would total $6.4 trillion (or 3.2 percent of total GDP projected for that period), $3.5 trillion more than the cumulative deficit in CBO’s baseline.

• Federal debt held by the public would increase from $10.1 trillion (68 percent of GDP) at the end of 2011 to $15.2 trillion (77 percent of GDP) at the end of 2017 and then to $18.8 trillion (76 percent of GDP) at the end of 2022 (see Table 2). Under the assumptions of CBO’s current-law baseline, debt held by the public would increase more slowly, ending 2022 at $15.1 trillion; as a percentage of GDP, however, such debt would decline to 61 percent by the end of 2022.
I wonder what part of "unsustainable" doesn't he understand?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
And just where do you think the money is going to come from to fund their handouts and big governemt strategies? Do you even have a clue? How can you support someone or something that wants to spend us into oblivion and who has no plan for success??

Understand something here....success means a BALANCED BUDGET. Success means a strategy to pay down the debt.....SUCCESS means understanding that government needs to SHRINK in times of low revenue...not GROW.

In short, you and the other left wingtards, support complete and total failure. You support the collapse of the financial and economic infrastructure of what was once one of the greatest countries on Earth. the road to success is not paved with money and you left wing kooks need to realize that REAL solutions come from REAL change...not a campaign slogan.

You clowns make me sick.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
After Obama is reelected, and the economy is in full recovery, and his approval ratings are soaring, I hope he uses his political good will to launch a massive PR campaign to expose Republicans as fascist sychophants who are plotting to overthrow America and help the rich enslave everyone who isn't uber rich. That would be sweet.
NEWSFLASH - Obama is owned by the Rich, possibly even more so than rethug's

Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
NEWSFLASH - Obama is owned by the Rich, possibly even more so than rethug's
NEWSFLASH-They ALL are....it's a corporate game of chess these days.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
And just where do you think the money is going to come from to fund their handouts and big governemt strategies? Do you even have a clue? How can you support someone or something that wants to spend us into oblivion and who has no plan for success??

Understand something here....success means a BALANCED BUDGET. Success means a strategy to pay down the debt.....SUCCESS means understanding that government needs to SHRINK in times of low revenue...not GROW.

In short, you and the other left wingtards, support complete and total failure. You support the collapse of the financial and economic infrastructure of what was once one of the greatest countries on Earth. the road to success is not paved with money and you left wing kooks need to realize that REAL solutions come from REAL change...not a campaign slogan.

You clowns make me sick.
Funny how you right wingers advocate change when you were the ones who causes the deficit mess in the first place . Nothing like doing a 180 when you are now out of power is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies