Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 AM

186 posts, read 351,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Jesus Christ. The so-called crystals you see on the buds themselves are called trichomes. On these trichomes are the resin itself THC.
NO! MAKE A BIG BACH OF CRACK!THEN THOW THE LEFTOVERS ON THE WEEDNOT TRICHOMES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,656,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic
Jesus Christ. The so-called crystals you see on the buds themselves are called trichomes. On these trichomes are the resin itself THC.

Ok- now that makes sense....people high on crack are walking out in front of busses.
It's not the Marijuna....quit while you're ahead.

Being here in the heart of Marijuanaville- I have seen the very white crystallized resin-full marijuana....it's looks like it has been rolled in sugar....and it is all THC....not crack.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,998,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrebel View Post
Assuming that marijuana was legalized, should all the different types of smoking bans, i.e, smoking inside in bars or restaurants or cars, or outside in parks or patios, be amended to allow marijuana smoking and not tobacco smoking?
This is a good question, because a controlled substance would have substantial health risks to parties in those very environements (i.e. your kids could be getting second hand contact while playing in the park or in a restaurant). In NYS though, it wouldn't make much difference, because cigarette smoking has already been banned in restaurants and parks.

I'm against the legalization of marijuana anyway. Legalizing it will simply create more weed heads.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:23 PM

186 posts, read 351,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic

Ok- now that makes sense....people high on crack are walking out in front of busses.
It's not the Marijuna....quit while you're ahead.

Being here in the heart of Marijuanaville- I have seen the very white crystallized resin-full marijuana....it's looks like it has been rolled in sugar....and it is all THC....not crack.
OK-But AZ RED HAD NO WHITE NATURAL AND GOOD

Old 03-11-2012, 12:28 PM

I know lots of weed heads, they are all good people and productive as well.

It really bothers me that people associate Marijuna with 'weed heads'... What is that?
A lazy person who does nothing, steals or begs for a fix? A person walking around like a zombie?
If that is your perception of people who smoke, take a deeper longer look around.
LOTS of people smoke, people you would have never guessed that they smoke. Why? Because Marijuna has been the target of propaganda to insure that major chemical corporations can continue to sell their BS man made products that do more damage than a little perennial could ever do.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,469,513 times
Quote:

It really bothers me that people associate Marijuna with 'weed heads'... What is that?
A lazy person who does nothing, steals or begs for a fix? A person walking around like a zombie?
If that is your perception of people who smoke, take a deeper longer look around.
LOTS of people smoke, people you would have never guessed that they smoke. Why? Because Marijuna has been the target of propaganda to insure that major chemical corporations can continue to sell their BS man made products that do more damage than a little perennial could ever do.
The tobacco and alcohol industries, which are much more harmful to the individual and society, love the ban on marijuana.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,998,548 times
Quote:

I know both functional drunks and functional weedheads. They are productive in some sense (ie they work, have an education etc etc), but socially dysfunctional in otherways (financially irresponsible, women abusers, and/or have less than desirable hygiene).

Can't speak for everyone, but that's just been my experience with functional substance abusers.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:49 PM

If they are functional, then they are not substance abusers.
There is a big difference between use and abuse.
Most disfunctional people are that way from the start. They have a predisposition to look for escapes. For some it is alcohol, gambling, prescription meds... And yes, marijuana.
Marijuna is not the cause of people's problems.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:56 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,721,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
If you propose we do this with marijuana. I hope you would agree we should do the same with cigarette and alcohol.
I completely agree with cigarettes

We pretty much already do.

As for drinking, the thing is there's no such thing as someone's health being put at risk by another person's drinking, at least directly.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:34 PM

567 posts, read 1,010,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
I completely agree with cigarettes

We pretty much already do.

As for drinking, the thing is there's no such thing as someone's health being put at risk by another person's drinking, at least directly.

Yea but the "indirect" risks are so much more risky and dangerous. People die and are killed from alcohol related situations everyday. Drunk driving and abusive alcoholics are just a couple.

There are multiple articles on the internet where THC has shown to slow cancerous tumor growth or stop the growth completely. Google it yourself.

I use it to fall asleep at night. Instead of using pills that damage your liver. It needs to be legalized only if it's for medical purposes. Both my parents have suffered horrible pain due to lupus, cancer, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. It's helps with pain, it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies