Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 AM

840 posts, read 781,016 times

Advertisements

Lol...I love that band.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
lol. foolish.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
It's an interesting theory, but one that doesn't seem to have a lot of hard evidence to back it up. I recall hearing this was based off some theories that the Cherokee peoples of the Eastern US weren't thought to be genetically connected to the other Native American peoples, but I think that has since been debunked.

Not sure why this would be in the Politics forum, either.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
If the Konservatives keep going Stone Age people will be the last in America as well as the first.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
It changes history so yeah it does matter. We are taught falsely that indians were the first people here..that obviously isn't correct.Another good reason to home school my kids. They obviously aren't going to get a real education in public school.
what do you mean, "that obviously isn't correct." ?

if there's one thing i can tell you, it's that the answer to this isn't obvious.

i thought the article was interesting, but you have drawn a totally flawed conclusion from it.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The genomics project has established that surviving native Americans are all descendants from the group that crossed the Siberian land bridge.
There was no Siberian land bridge, and no reputable archaeologist or anthropologist would continue to support the idiotic "Land Bridge Theory" which was debunked decades ago.

Gotta love the Aleuts and others. "We did what? You dumbasses we came by boat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... if there were "Europeans" already here waiting for them, they must have been wiped out.
Or absorbed. The genome project is not "gospel" and it is heavily contaminated with PC people pushing an agenda.

Establishing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
damn, son.

It's just that we have much more important things to be worrying about than who was the first to live in North America.
Apparently it was important enough for you to read and post, not once, but twice, so don't try to weasel-dick your way out of it.

Pointing out...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Clovis People. Interesting theory that seems to have some merit and at the very least poses some interesting questions about just how early primitive man arrived in North America.
Yes, it does. I find the peopling of the Earth to be fascinating.

Making it into a race based argument is beyond idiotic.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Well, there is stupid and then apparently some people are really stupid.
Posing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's an interesting theory, but one that doesn't seem to have a lot of hard evidence to back it up.
Kennewick man.

Skeletal remains were found in Washington (State) at a construction site. Local tribal groups claimed it violated their ancestry laws or something, but a federal judge with common sense put the tribal groups in their place and ordered an evaluation which included DNA testing and it proved the skeletal remains which date to circa 13,000 BCE were of European origin.

Quote:
I recall hearing this was based off some theories that the Cherokee peoples of the Eastern US weren't thought to be genetically connected to the other Native American peoples, but I think that has since been debunked.
I think you might have confused that with something else. There are several theories abounding, some backed by evidence, some not. I am not aware of anything to do with Cherokees.

DNA testing has refuted the idiotic Land Bridge nonsense. We know groups migrated from Central/South America into the US. That was a huge breakthrough debunking the stupid people moved through North America into Central/South America.

There are also some tribal groups in the north eastern US that are genetically similar to the Bedouins and one other group that are now situated mostly in northern Africa. If I am not mistaken those groups are part of the Algonquin Nation. That was known even before DNA testing through the use of blood types, RH Factor and certain other markers in blood.

Quote:
Not sure why this would be in the Politics forum, either.
It's "Politics and Other Controversies."

I'm not even phased by that given that 'tards on this forum couldn't grasp the concept of...

...Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.

Evidencing...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
what do you mean, "that obviously isn't correct." ?

if there's one thing i can tell you, it's that the answer to this isn't obvious.

i thought the article was interesting, but you have drawn a totally flawed conclusion from it.
Not totally flawed. We've known this for a long time, but the Politically Correct crowd constantly threw temper tantrums and shouted people down. It wasn't until Kennewick Man that the PC Pukes had to take their toys and go home.

Political Correctness has no place in education.

"Native American" is an excellent example of propaganda and political correctness.

If you want to tell the truth, then you tell people that the Americas were full of nation-States; that they were organized as a chiefdom, as a tribaldom, as kingdoms and oligarchies; some had a written language, but most did not; that they were extremely violent, constantly warring among themselves; that they practiced slavery, raiding other tribes for slaves (just like the Roman Catholic Church did to the Slavs) and that the hatred between the various tribal groups was so intense, that many tribal groups fought side-by-side with the White Man fight against their enemies.

Shortly before the White Man arrived, at least 6 known tribal groups were wiped off the face of the Earth through genocide perpetrated by tribal groups.

We have no idea how many other tribal groups might have been wiped out through genocide.

However, know you this:

Circa 400 ACE near what is now Fort Smith, Arkansas more than 100,000 people were murdered by blunt force trauma over a period of 1-5 days. This area is called the the Aikman Mounds, and they were excavated by archaeologists from the Universities of Arkansas and Washington.

The victims are believed to be members of the Hopewell Nation, who were forced to flee their lands in Ohio and environs to escape genocide. It didn't work, because in the end they were all massacred.

There is also circumstantial evidence that the Adena Nation were annihilated in a genocidal campaign.

The Adena and Hopewell are unique in that they had something in common: the were vastly taller than other tribal groups. The Adena and Hopewell were generally 6'2" to 6'6" in height, while all other groups averaged 5'2" to 5'8" in height.

In the absence of any DNA evidence, if I had to guess, I'd say those two groups were genetically related to Bedouins and another group from northern Africa.

Anyway, the bulk of the evidence now shows that the Americas (North and South) were people by groups coming out of southeast Asia by boat, from northeast Asia by boat, from Europe by unknown means and from Africa by unknown means. However, most likely the Africans came by boat.

That's what the Atlantic Ocean looked like at the end of the Ice Age before the sea levels rapid rose destroying many things. Sea levels were 600 - 800 feet lower than present (depending on the source you cite -- I use Briskine's data).

That is 600 feet lower.

The images don't do justice, but there were many, many land masses in the Atlantic Ocean then that do not exist now, with the point being that it was much easier to cross the Atlantic than most people realize.Archaeologically....
Mircea

Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I think there may have been various peoples in the Americas for a long time.
Skulls and skeletons unearthed from what seemed to be ancient mass graves in Brazil suggest some of them were not of the Asian type and butchered by the latter.
Some say that boats can drift from the African West coast all the way to the Americas all by themselves because of a certain current.
Ancient people were probably much more mobile than we like to think. The aboriginal Australians got to their isolated new continent up to 50k years ago. This makes me think that it is unlikely for the Americas never to have been reached by anyone before, be it by accident, be it on purpose.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, ah the Pseudohistory of white supremacists. Go back to Stormfront where this is appreciated.
+1!!!

I kid you not, over at Storm Front they are even claiming that the Incas never invented their own calendar, white people did that too.....

Old 03-02-2012, 01:16 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Radical theory of first Americans places Stone Age Europeans in Delmarva 20,000 years ago - The Washington Post

Finally! Nice to see this finally enter the mainstream...I watched a video about this last year very eye opening...everyone should watch Ice Age Columbus.
So theory equals fact? Does that rule apply to evolution, global warming, etc..

Old 03-02-2012, 02:36 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Radical theory of first Americans places Stone Age Europeans in Delmarva 20,000 years ago - The Washington Post

Finally! Nice to see this finally enter the mainstream...I watched a video about this last year very eye opening...everyone should watch Ice Age Columbus.
Apparently, you overlooked two key words: radical and theory. And when you put these two words together, you need plenty of proof before the idea metamorphoses from theory into fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies