Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is there any reason under the sun to believe that Liberals and Liberalism have the nation's best interests in mind when indeed these very same Liberals are perfectly OK with consequence-free sex (ie. Abortions) and will fight to the death anytime entitlement reforms are even mentioned?

Why should we believe that Liberals and Democrats have anything other than their own self-interests in mind when the roster of ideals embraced by the left are not much more than a Free Love For All, No Matter The Cost, No Matter The Consequenceâ„¢ political theory?

The United States of America is broke - fiscally, morally, and culturally. And Liberals celebrate this. Just take a look around this forum and elsewhere and pay particular attention to the issues they fight for.

Personal Responsibility is non-existent in the Liberal Establishment. And if it's legal, then it's moral. These two ideals form the foundation of Liberalism in America.

When can we expect Liberals to actually show love, honor, and courage for the United States of America that doesn't involve breaking our collective backs?
There There, There There,
Feel better now that you got that off your shoulders?
Take two asprin and don't call us in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,473,815 times
Quote:
It means that roughly half of all-abortion seekers have had more than one abortion, thereby meaning that abortion is being used as a method of birth control by thousands of women every year.

That's what consequence-free sex is. Reckless Abandon magnified by Leftist Enablers (ie. Democrats and Liberals).

It was their abortion , not yours. Why let it bother you anymore then what they ate for dinner?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe it's not. My son has a friend (20 years old) that has had 3 abortions in the course of 4 years. It's not a big issue to today's youth.
Nothing is a big deal to ignorant fools. But then nothing ever is.
It's not about "today's youth" since ignorant fools have been around forever. On the flip side she will probably have 3 kids by 3 different men by the time she is 25 so....

Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
I respect your ideas a lot AeroGuy but I really think you're off base on this one. I don't think free love is an ideal for the Democrats at all. I think it's a manipulation of women to get votes.

As evidence I submit how contraception has now become "women's healthcare." If consequences free sex really were the ideal, they'd just say it. If they actually did believe in it, they wouldn't hide it behind more innocuous sounding terminology.

Conservatives are for small government. We don't beat around the bush. Elect us and we are going to reduce taxes and spending. That's what we believe, that's what we say.

But liberals are not open and honest about abortion and entitlement spending. They mess around with the numbers to try to hide how much they are spending and they mess around with words and don't say what they want straight up. In other words, they want the votes and they will trick people into pulling the lever for them if they can. Idealists with sincere beliefs don't do that. People who do that are just using ideals to get power.

I mean just look at them hail Clinton, who signed welfare reform, and hail Obama, who repealed it. So which is it? Where are the ideals there? It's contradictory. I think it's just about getting votes.
Conservatives are for small government? Is that why they keep trying to add layer after layer of bureaucracy between a woman and her choice to abort? Mandatory counseling, vaginal untrasounds, heartbeat bills, personhood bills....you call that SMALL government?

And....please tell me how liberals mislead women about abortion.

Waiting.............

Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,088,952 times
Ridiculous stereotypes. Because I identify myself as a Democrat, then according to you I'm some kind of immoral Atheist baby killer. I'm not. I have morals and religious beliefs like everyone else. I personally would not have an abortion. But, the difference between me and you is that I don't force my beliefs and opinions on everyone else. Personally, I wouldn't choose abortion, but it isn't for me to say what someone else should do.

People like the OP walk around like they are God on earth forcing their opinions of right and wrong down everyone everyone else's throats and passing judgment on how the rest of us should live our lives. OP, who are YOU to judge what someone else does with their life or their body when it has absolutely nothing to do with you? Oh, and while you rail against abortion, old Rush (who is probably your idol) calls a young lady advocating birth control and personal responsilibity a nasty name. I honestly do not get it. You say abortion is horrible, but so is advocating birth control which could prevent abortions which you're so against. The government should stay out of people's business, UNLESS someone is doing something you feel they shouldn't, in which case it's perfectly fine for big brother to place rules on what a woman can do with her OWN body. Hypocrite, much?

Last edited by strawberrykiki; 03-07-2012 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 03-07-2012, 03:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Conservatives are for small government? Is that why they keep trying to add layer after layer of bureaucracy between a woman and her choice to abort? Mandatory counseling, vaginal untrasounds, heartbeat bills, personhood bills....you call that SMALL government?

And....please tell me how liberals mislead women about abortion.

Waiting.............
Which when you consider their thinking makes zero sense. The conservatives should be FOR abortions. Since, according to them, only Liberal women have abortions, and that would mean that there would be fewer chidren born to Liberals, and would result in fewer evil Liberals in the future. Not to mention that only Liberals use any social programs, never conservatives, so hence there would be a major reduction in people taking federal or state aid. With all that in mind one would think that conservatives would be all for abortion, hmmmmm, maybe they have simply not thought of the long term benefits for their own agenda.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,955,801 times
Quote:
In other words, you don't harbor an ounce of front end personal responsibility within your entire being.

One abortion. OK...mistakes happen. Multiple Abortions? A worthless human being as far as i'm concerned.
Is that a shade of grey I'm seeing there? I knew you had it in you!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times
Come on, as Obama said, why would should you have to be PUNISHED with a baby? Just kill it. Dont give it the same chance at life you had, have a doctor just tear it a part so you dont have to deal with it.

Remember folks, you may have made a mistake, but at least with abortion, the problem is easily solved.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
"The Party Of Abortion and Never-Ending Entitlementsâ„¢"

The Party of the Great Founding Father Thomas Paine who wrote:

"In advocating the case of the persons thus dispossessed, it is a right, and not a charity, that I am pleading for. But it is that kind of right which, being neglected at first, could not be brought forward afterwards till heaven had opened the way by a revolution in the system of government. Let us then do honor to revolutions by justice, and give currency to their principles by blessings.

[21] Having thus in a few words, opened the merits of the case, I shall now proceed to the plan I have to propose, which is,

[22] To create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property:

[23] And also, the sum of ten pounds per annum, during life, to every person now living, of the age of fifty years, and to all others as they shall arrive at that age."

Thomas Paine, "Agrarian Justice".

AGRARIAN JUSTICE

Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 PM

593 posts, read 887,713 times
Yeah I wrote that under the influence of little men with picks on my shoulder causing me to poorly punctuate, insisted on dngling participles, run on sentences and alas forcing me to tell it like it is!!! Who would of guessed an intelligent democrate would be lurking in the mix of clueless secular misfits? Thanks I got your attention . I'll see you at the next occupy city oh please! . I'll be the guy singing "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

Das
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies