Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM

161 posts, read 141,546 times

Advertisements

I'm on the team that if you're a smart-good person with an actual intent to raise a child in a meaningful environment with the means, then go for it. However, what I don't want is the world overpopulated by the children of idiots. Studies have shown that if you're less educated, you're less likely to use birth control and more likely to have more kids. I'll provide a source if you want, but google's your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Yeah, middle-class culture and wealth can make people pretty selfish and shallow.
It's more selfish and thoughtless to keep popping out children into an overpopulated world, a world that really doesn't need the extra pollution and resources abuse. Our growth can't be sustained without lots of future starvation and plagues, just like yeast using up sugar and eventually dying in their own waste.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's more selfish and thoughtless to keep popping out children into an overpopulated world, a world that really doesn't need the extra pollution and resources abuse. Our growth can't be sustained without lots of future starvation and plagues, just like yeast using up sugar and eventually dying in their own waste.
Thinking like that could be considered out of touch with all that is human. Kind of weird. People who ignore and rationalize their human instincts and choose wealth and a yuppie/DINK lifestyle will always have a certain emptyness, I do believe. A lot of people catch on, women anyway, once they're in their 30s and growing out of their youth. Then that clock really starts ticking and they realize the error of their ways and scramble and then it ends up being too late.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
this, makes no sense..

-Earth was around before humanity
-Earth will be around after humanity

how many babies are born doesn't really affect much.
Never said the Earth would be destroyed by us, in fact I think we'll destroy ourselves first - not in your or my lifetime, though.

Quote:
with that said if you feel there are too much people, do your part and a) get a visectomy or b) get tubes tied, take BC.
Done and done... made it to 35 without getting pregnant, so I'm pretty sure I have the basics (using BC) down pat by now.

Quote:
OP IS AN IDIOT!
I don't know the OP well enough to judge, but their premise is certainly not the smartest.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 AM

P.S. It's not that easy to get your tubes tied, especially if you're under a certain age (35ish?) and/or have no children... even my friend with FOUR children had a hard time convincing her doctor, since she was only 25 when the youngest was born.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
With the population over 200 million and making up 72 percent, I kinda doubt it would happen anytime soon.
Ummmm....this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSprings1 View Post
I would say almost 50 percent or more of American women have had at least one abortion.
And where are you getting your information. I am a woman, a black woman at that (black women have abortions at a higher rate than white women and I am thinking that you don't know this since you have this ludicrous topic, latino women also have more abortions than white women). I have never had an abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
What do you mean you've done your part? You've had white children? Do you want a medal or something? I don't really care, unless you raise them to be productive members of society i'd rather you didn't have them.

I have no concern about the white population in america. you do realize that white people are not a species right? and even if they were they are hardly in danger of becoming extinct.
The bolded sentence especially. It is crazy to even be concerned with white people being a minority and if you are so what. Then you can benefit from all the "minority benefits" that you think black people and latinos receive currently so you should be happy and not be able to whine anymore about that.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Thinking like that could be considered out of touch with all that is human. Kind of weird. People who ignore and rationalize their human instincts and choose wealth and a yuppie/DINK lifestyle will always have a certain emptyness, I do believe. A lot of people catch on, women anyway, once they're in their 30s and growing out of their youth. Then that clock really starts ticking and they realize the error of their ways and scramble and then it ends up being too late.
I'm pushing 36, and the "clock" only seems to be getting more & more faint with every passing year... and no, I don't feel empty nor am I a yuppie or "DINK." I am a single professional woman who doesn't make a lot of money, and simply has no desire to birth a child right now. If I change my mind I change my mind, but I'll probably adopt either way - especially if that desire comes after age 40ish.

Not everyone feels the need to breed, and that is actually a good thing for the overall population. Also good to have children if that's what you want, but if I'm not judging you please don't judge me either... to each his/her own, you know? It doesn't make me weird, just because I'm choosing a different path than you. And why do you assume the only options are children or wealth? If that were truly the case, I think a LOT more people would choose to be childless!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The bolded sentence especially. It is crazy to even be concerned with white people being a minority and if you are so what. Then you can benefit from all the "minority benefits" that you think black people and latinos receive currently so you should be happy and not be able to whine anymore about that.
I know, right? Guess some people will just never be satisfied... either that, or they just love to be professional whiners.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm pushing 36, and the "clock" only seems to be getting more & more faint with every passing year... and no, I don't feel empty nor am I a yuppie or "DINK." I am a single professional woman who doesn't make a lot of money, and simply has no desire to birth a child right now. If I change my mind I change my mind, but I'll probably adopt either way - especially if that desire comes after age 40ish.

Not everyone feels the need to breed, and that is actually a good thing for the overall population. Also good to have children if that's what you want, but if I'm not judging you please don't judge me either... to each his/her own, you know? It doesn't make me weird, just because I'm choosing a different path than you. And why do you assume the only options are children or wealth? If that were truly the case, I think a LOT more people would choose to be childless!
Choice is a good thing.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
When caucasians are the minority in the United States, you might as well put a fork in us...we're done.

There's absolutely ZERO evidence that minority demograhics have what it takes to prop the United States up as an intellectual and entreprenuerial powerhouse. Intellect, ingenuity, and the entrepreneurial spirit is what made this nation great. When it's gone, it's gone.

Take a look at the census if you don't agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies