Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Sorry you are simply a bigot. You are as bad a any redneck who hates minorities because he was once mugged by one. You are actually worse, no one has ever done anything to you yet you continue to hate.
Not sure how anything I've said is in the least big bigoted. (by way of the definition of bigotry). I know how difficult truth can be. I don't really care what anyone of the religious right (oh by the way, I'm a baptised and confirmed Catholic myself) does within their personal churches. And we all know that many an atrocity has been committed against many a person in the name of God....even you my dear. But I do NOT believe any church doctrain or personage has a right to spill over into our government entity. Thats the long and short of it. Its pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The next up on the GOP schedule for immediate action, the pressing issue of... Birth Control? Err, wasn't that resolved 60 yrs ago? Apparently when you have nothing else to concern yourself about ....

GOP mulls contraception strategy - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

It's great seeing republicans acting like...republicans. Their original goal obviously was to create the false argument that Obama was "attacking religion" but now are entangled in a stupid argument about contraception instead, alienating indy voters and women alike.

Keep up the good work geniuses!

Obama 2012.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You are proving your density again. Because an entity is open to the public, it doesn't make that entity a public entity. You clearly don't understand this is a freedom of religion case. No matter, the SCOTUS gets it. Tomato To mah to! It makes the difference legally.

By the way it doesn't have to go through the state supreme court. More know nothingness from you. But it can be taken completely up to the supreme courts of each state, should the action either require it or the people pushing the action isn't happy with the lower courts decisions

Constant back and forth on religious freedom? Please enumerate the cases for us.
No, do your own research, you are beginning to bore me just trying to outstubborn me. I can do this with my own kid and he's never managed to get the last word in.....so .....if you want to do this until they lock the thread down....be my guest.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
No, do your own research, you are beginning to bore me just trying to outstubborn me. I can do this with my own kid and he's never managed to get the last word in.....so .....if you want to do this until they lock the thread down....be my guest.
That pretty funny, you telling someone to do their own research when you have been begging people on this forum to spoon feed you. Your favorite response is "name one".

No, the cas is simply about religious freedom. Your response, like pretty much all your responses, makes no sense.

No, the case can make it to the SCOTUS without going through the state superme court . As you prove with each post, you are clueless.

Last edited by shorebaby; 03-05-2012 at 05:17 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Yeah, sometimes personal responsibilties are a real dog...just because this person is going to school to be a mouthpiece doesn't automatically bring forth crazy entitlements.
Apparently you got rush on the brain since she was representing her freind. There was no indication that she even uses Birth control pills in her speech. So what makes you think that she is asking for any entitlements, btw if you are paying for insurance it is not considered to be an entitlement

Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Despite what the MSM and Dems would like you to believe, this is NOT and i repeat, NOT) about getting rid of birth control coverage. It is about FORCING a religious company/institution into going against their religious beliefs!

If someone is working for/going to school at that religious organization, and they NEED or want BC then they can go somewhere else that DOES offer it! The government has no right to infringe on the religious beliefs of others, period!

Why is that so difficult to understand?? You don't have to agree with the religious belief to have tolerance for it! I know that most dems/liberals have a hard time tolerating Christianity, but COME ON! If this was about a Muslim school the left would be foaming at the mouth more than they are now!

Really it is'nt since there are over 28 other states that already provide this benefit. All of this is a political ploy to demonize the current administration over nothing.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When you learn to be civil i will respond.

P.S. You might to ask some 8 year old how to turn off bold.
Why when is was intentional.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The same old response , "If you don't agree with ME your ideas are idiotic".

And they don't know what they are talking about.

What a complete exaggeration of the issue.

If you don't like what they choose, don't work for them of go to them for your health services.

Has anyone forced you to go to a catholic hospital or college?

"The Catholic church must abide by the terms of health care policies."

The Catholic Church negotiates what is and what is NOT to be covered.

Just as when you get your car insurance and homeowner insurance.

NOBODY is saying you CAN'T do what you want. Do what you want with your womb. You choose what you want to do and PAY FOR IT YOURSELF.

And YOU talk about intolerance!

What I understand is that, you are saying "go to your health services" but the other arm of the GOP is trying to close them as well

Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Oral contraceptives can cost as little as $5.00/mo (at Walmart) plus an annual Dr's checkup which is covered under most insurance and every woman should have anyway.
But I thought that was the point in the first place. If you are paying for your own insurance why should the employer dictate what is covered in it?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM

I think that it is rather amusing that old men are the ones that dictate what goes into and out of women's bodies. You have a religion that promotes sex only if it is for procreation rather the women wants children or not, but yet demonizes abortions which stems from unwanted pregnancies which can be prevented with birth control which it also frowns upon. Ironically the top of this madness is a man who has not seen a vagina since it seen him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies