Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times

Advertisements

What will happen is that the upper tier tax cut will increase the state deficit. Then there will be a "temporary" sales tax increase to cover said deficit.

This means that eventually, the bottom earners will end up paying more in sales taxes.

That scenario already happened last decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 12:06 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Funny how the Dems are against this and want more cushion in its reserves in case the economy falters again! (BTW:The republicans against this could see their last term.)
They must not have much faith in their president!
Incomes benefiting from this tax break starts at 36,000

Married filing jointly begin to qualify at 76,000

Why are the dems against helping them they are not RICH they are suppose to be the ones for the poor/poorer of the Americans!

Because of our Gov we are already in a better place than most states right now.

Idaho House OKs $36M income tax cut | Local | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News
The Dems? State Democrats? What would faith in their presidnt have to do with anything? Who are you talking about here when you say they are not rich.

Not many people in the country know or care about Idaho. The only thing I know about it largely is potatoes, meth labs and the slew of gang problems that I hear of from people who live there. Perhaps you can give the rest of the forum, so we can understand what the heck you're talking about.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM

308 posts, read 517,807 times
Michigan is a better example of an actual conservate fixing a broken State and putting it on the right path.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The Dems? State Democrats? What would faith in their presidnt have to do with anything? Who are you talking about here when you say they are not rich.

Not many people in the country know or care about Idaho. The only thing I know about it largely is potatoes, meth labs and the slew of gang problems that I hear of from people who live there. Perhaps you can give the rest of the forum, so we can understand what the heck you're talking about.
Well, .......... As I did not write the article maybe you should read the article.
Again there are Meth labs are EVERYWHERE! GANGS are almost EVERYWHERE!
Potatoes are grown in I believe 36 US states.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:

Funny how the Dems are against this and want more cushion in its reserves in case the economy falters again! (BTW:The republicans against this could see their last term.)

Why are the dems against helping them they are not RICH they are suppose to be the ones for the poor/poorer of the Americans!

Idaho House OKs $36M income tax cut | Local | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News

Idaho homeowners enjoy a fat juicy homestead exemption. How about giving renters some tax relief for a change?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Idaho homeowners enjoy a fat juicy homestead exemption. How about giving renters some tax relief for a change?
Buy a property its a great time right now.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
Michigan is a better example of an actual conservate fixing a broken State and putting it on the right path.

Please expand on that.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Buy a property its a great time right now.

Have you been not reading my other posts? I am a low-wage rent slave with no hope of buying a home.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:

do liberal listen? no they do not have the capacity to do so. If you say tax cut around them it triggers a response that covers their ears.
A liberal listen..... no

Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM

208 posts, read 318,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm looking forward to the extra spending money! 7.4% marginal state income tax rate on top of the state sales and property tax is still way too high though. As conservative as Idaho is supposed to be, our income tax is still higher than many other states.
Really?! By all investigation everything says cost of living is so much lower in Idaho, but based on your post I am wondering if this is correct. We currently live in MA where it's supposed to be so much higher, but we currently pay 5.25% income tax, 6.25% sales tax, our property taxes are based on mill rates rather than a straight percentage, but we currently live in a town with lower rates so pay about $4K on a home assessed at $374K. We also pay yearly excise tax on vehicles which is based on their age, so it deters from buying a new vehicle, but figure on $130-$400/yr. We basically get no services for our tax dollars - no trash pickup, poor road maintenance, but the state is really good at putting up homeless people from other states in hotels...I think half our population is on welfare or disability - and if you are an honest hardworking taxpayer you're basically screwed, you'll get nothing and they'll suck you dry until you're sweating blood. We're paying $3.75/gallon for gas and about $4/gallon for home heating oil. Anyway, I guess I was shocked to see income tax is over 7% in Idaho...so is it really cheaper to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies