Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So a President calling a citizen is bad??

No.

(Did Bill Clinton call her yet?)

Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Political opportunism at its finest. Obama is recruiting for the "victims tour" portion of the campaign trail where he parades out individuals to make agenda arguments as though they are representative of the whole.
If Obama is showing political optimism, Limbaugh, Boehner and the sorry-ass Republican Presidential campaigners are showing that they have little more than a political death wish. They antagonize significant populations - women especially - without even trying. Thanks, guys.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If Obama is showing political optimism, Limbaugh, Boehner and the sorry-ass Republican Presidential campaigners are showing that they have little more than a political death wish. They antagonize significant populations - women especially - without even trying. Thanks, guys.
Obama doesn't even need to run a campaign. Those morons will defeat themselves.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
This woman basically went before Congress, wasting their time, to whine. The summary of her remarks are this:

"Many of us college students cant afford to have sex. We must have sex and we must have birth control to have all this sex. So the school MUST pay for our sex"

There is no other way to put it. That is basically what her point was.

Where the hell is it written that if you cant afford something, someone else has to pay for it?!?! Tell me! And let me know when Obama has called all the targets of left wing attacks to see if they were "okay"?

And seriously to say her parents must be proud of her. If they are liberal, im sure they are.

Hi mom and dad! You know, im at this really expensive school and I know other kids make sacrifices of cheaper food and stuff without asking people to pay for it but I really cant afford having sex. I must have sex and Im going before Congress to demand that someone else pay for my sex. Dont worry mom and dad, I wont ask you"

Proud of her?

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Obama doesn't even need to run a campaign. Those morons will defeat themselves.

Wondering why he's been walking around with a Cheshire Cat grin for the past few weeks. Now it's easy to see why.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Hopey Changy Obummers style.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Really? Who here has received their phone call from any President when their feelings were hurt?

I guess I'll wait for a call next time I do something stupid, and then get embarrassed because of it. This reminds me... it is just like all the many who waited for their OJ check... because OJ WON!!!
My feelings weren't hurt but I got a call from the office of Bill Clinton in the late 90's but all I heard was heavy breathing and what sound like the unwrapping of a cigar and a bottle of liquor being opened. Was kind of weird.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
When Nixon was President he called the Minister and principal of the church school I was attending. No big reason other than he wrote a letter of support. He wasn't being blasted in the media or anything.
He wasn't trying everything he could think of to push his need for someone to pay for all that "healthcare" either was he. Again, I say that more people here should back off and take a look at how much this whole thing looks like what they attempted to do to the Catholic church a couple of weeks ago concerning the forcing of them to supply morning after pills. That one failed when the bishops failed to back off and this is just some more of the same thing. You do know that Georgetown is a catholic university of over 300 years standing and they haven't done anything like that girl has been asking of them the whole time. As one who can think you may be able to see some of this.

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Good. It's about time. There is no excuse for that kind of talk or behavior--it's outrageous.
I have always been an independent with liberal and conservative view points.

I remember a time when the parties disagreed and maintained a level of mutual respect and decorum.

I'm 49 years old and have seen the disintegration of that civility.

In my up bringing no self respecting man would ever say the things about a woman or another man's wife as I have seen on this forum, if someone said such things to my wife, there would be a life or death fight right there.

I think some so called men are also afraid and intimidated by accomplished women.

They can threaten to leave if they want to, and she'd tell him she brings home more bread than they do.
Intimidation goes out the window.

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wondered if Rush might have been right and she is a "working girl". Well not really but maybe some woman will come back with something about what I said.

I think that Obama calling her makes it pretty obvious that she was being used by the administration and its helpers to push this off on a Catholic college in order to backdoor their order to the Catholic Church. Today I heard his press man, Jay Carney, say much the same thing Obama would have said to the girl.

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that she has been pushing this very thing at the college for nearly 3 years trying to get them to pay for her "care". Of course, someone hired her to take her story to that Congressional committee and Nasty Nancy just happened to be on that sub-committee. I bet her Botox face really dropped when the others started questioning the girl. She lost her butt on this one and now even Obama is trying to cover up that pile.
Roy--you need to knock the "working girl" stuff off right now. We share a common background--we are both from the polite, rural midwest--so you of all people should know that this isn't something a gentleman would say under any circumstances. You've grown up in an area where I KNOW you were taught the importance of decency and respect, and you sure can't claim youth as a reason for bad behavior. Enough, ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies