Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Limbaugh cross the line of humane decorum?
Is he just being "ever so silly"? 12 27.91%
Is he a complete, immoral, vile inhumane creature? 31 72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:39 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Really--what if they're both students? My husband and I were in school at the same time. It's pretty common.
Buy a condom. They're not that expensive.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:40 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,905,380 times
Quote:
I'm a moderate republican middle aged woman, and I've been active in the party for most of my adult life. You far religious right people here can bluster and blow, but the truth is you're the type who sit in front of a keyboard and spout things off, and then maybe show up at the polls. Let me let you in on a little secret. Women like me are the ones who staff campaign offices, hold fundraisers for candidates, work the polls, and campaign door to door. Tick us off (and this is the issue that can do it) and all of you little radical nuts trying to take over the party are going to have a hard time fighting back when the actual GOP--people like me--tell you to get the h*ll out. You can't raise a dime to run a candidate on your own. You might get a wacky billionaire or two to fund a national race, but lets see how you do with local and state candidates without GOP establishment support next time, shall we?
here is what i think is sad as a conservative/republican female.

rush has ridiculously DIVERTED the actual topic to women bashing, with name calling (****) when he should have stuck to the ACTUAL topic-which is a woman paying 50k to 60k A YEAR to attend school and whining about a 4 to 10 dollar a month method of birth control.

we all know that a woman could get her boyfriend to pay that for her, so she just looks stupid for not being smart enough to figure out how to come up with 4 to 10 dollars a month when she is being GIVEN (most likely) a scholarship to send her to an expensive education to propel her to a better job. she is getting an opportunity that some people will never have, and yet she continues to WHINE.

IMO, she is making the school look bad.

i agree that rush was stupid, but i am beginning to think that rush likes the status quo very much (after all, obama has been very good to the wealthy, hasn't he?), and perhaps rush is more than willing to sabotage the party to see that obama gets reelected. (why all the daily badmouthing of romney, and not even mentioning ron paul at all)-and pushing santorum for goodness sake?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 PM

391 posts, read 513,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
This lady paying 50k for her education was the one suggesting we give her screwing welfare because she couldn't pay 99 cents to go get condoms or $9 a month to get her pills at her local pharmacy.

There is no $3000 prescription needed, get the generics for $9 a month.

If you can't afford 99 cents for condoms you should maybe just learn to masturbate and stay that way till you can afford the 99 cents IMO.
I don't think condoms help ovarian cysts, did you listen or read what she said?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sandra Fluzie did Liberalism a HUGE disservice. Liberals obviously don't understand that, but she did.

It's not like the Right needed a new punching bag, but we were handed one without effort. And now we're going to beat the hell out of it to prove to Liberals how LITTLE foresight that exists in their caucus (not to mention how ridiculous their entitlement demands are.)
This one was thought through almost as well as the attack on the Catholic Church a couple of weeks ago was. However, they are getting quite a lot of mileage out of this one by not looking at what actually happened. Obama is using them almost as well as he is trying to use us.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is what i think as sad as a conservative/republican female.

rush has ridiculously DIVERTED the actual topic to women bashing, with name calling (****) when he should have stuck to the ACTUAL topic-which is a woman paying 50k to 60k A YEAR to attend school and whining about a 4 to 10 dollar a month method of birth control.

we all know that a woman could get her boyfriend to pay that for her, so she just looks stupid for not being smart enough to figure out how to come up with 4 to 10 dollars a month when she is being GIVEN (most likely) a scholarship to send her to an expensive education to propel her to a better job.

i agree that rush was stupid, but i am beginning to think that rush likes the status quo very much and is more than willing to sabotage the party to see that obama gets reelected. (why all the badmouthing of romney, and not even mentioning ron paul)and pushing santorum for goodness sake?
I disagree with you, but I at least respect this opinion.

What Rush said was stupid, insensitive, and insulting.

Its like when some liberal commentators say something about Sarah Palin's family etc.

If the position is strong enough to stand on its own, there is no need for name calling, it diverts form a logical debate.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,101,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The man said that women should film their sexual encounters and post them online for crying out loud.

Hell even Republicans should be offended by that.

Quality republicans are highly offended by that.....as they should be. A republican editor (sorry, didn't catch her name in time on tonights news) was horrified by what he said. Women of all parties and across all lines need to be speaking to the men in their lives and explaining exactly what makes such speech intolerable. If they don't get it.....we have ways of making sure they will.....and quickly.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,199,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is what i think is sad as a conservative/republican female.

we all know that a woman could get her boyfriend to pay that for her, so she just looks stupid for not being smart enough to figure out how to come up with 4 to 10 dollars a month when she is being GIVEN (most likely) a scholarship to send her to an expensive education to propel her to a better job. she is getting an opportunity that some people will never have, and yet she continues to WHINE.

i agree that rush was stupid, but i am beginning to think that rush likes the status quo very much (after all, obama has been very good to the wealthy, hasn't he?), and perhaps rush is more than willing to sabotage the party to see that obama gets reelected. (why all the daily badmouthing of romney, and not even mentioning ron paul at all)-and pushing santorum for goodness sake?
Rush screwed up and big--I have no idea what he's doing or why. I don't understand his Santorum endorsement, and I don't understand this. I think he's a wind bag, but this is really awful even for him. The best thing the party could do is to quickly denounce him, move on, and get off this topic as quickly as possible and shift back to the economy. I was glad Boehner said something, but most in the leadership seem too afraid of Rush to do it, because he's turning into a loose cannon and they don't want to be attacked by him either. The democrats are controlling the debate right now, and we're handing it to them. If you combine this, with the personhood amendments in various state houses, and the stupid legislation they're proposing across the country on trans vaginal ultrasounds, the party is creating it's own major problems with women voters, including lots of women like me. It's got to stop or we're going to have much bigger problems than next November.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
WHo cares? He's an entertainer, nothing more, and in the opinion of many a lousy one to boot. I don't really give a rat's ass what his O-P-I-N-I-O-N is and that's all he has to offer.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I'm a moderate republican middle aged woman, and I've been active in the party for most of my adult life. You far religious right people here can bluster and blow, but the truth is you're the type who sit in front of a keyboard and spout things off, and then maybe show up at the polls. Let me let you in on a little secret. Women like me are the ones who staff campaign offices, hold fundraisers for candidates, work the polls, and campaign door to door. Tick us off (and this is the issue that can do it) and all of you little radical nuts trying to take over the party are going to have a hard time fighting back when the actual GOP--people like me--tell you to get the h*ll out. You can't raise a dime to run a candidate on your own. You might get a wacky billionaire or two to fund a national race, but lets see how you do with local and state candidates without GOP establishment support next time, shall we?

I KNEW IT!!!!! fINALLY the bear has been officially poked!!!!! The good, solid, respectable Republican women have finally had it. They have been listening quietly and respectfully for the last several years as the rabble headed men of the teaparty took over their long respected party and then claimed the moral highground of indignation. It was bound to happen, but better late to the party than not at all. When the higher caliber Republican women like Dole and Snowe get fed up, you know its gone too far! Yippee, congrats, the blinders are off. This country needs women of your ilk, good for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHo cares? He's an entertainer, nothing more, and in the opinion of many a lousy one to boot. I don't really give a rat's ass what his O-P-I-N-I-O-N is and that's all he has to offer.

Entertainer? Seriously....thats what he does for a living? Entertain people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.