Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The economy is not strengthening. This is the quiet before the storm. The printing presses for the euro are smoking hot to the tune of $500 Billion in an attempt to hold the eurozone together. China is printing as well while their economy begins to faulter due to decrease demand for goods from Western markets. Money is pouring in to the US stockmarkets as a result of that, low bond yields and a continued soft real estate market with the other shoe about to drop. Gas prices are headed up, up, up and Obama wants it that way.

Remember in 2008 one day we were at DOW 14000+ and then, without warning from the MSM or POTUS candidates, the bottom fell out.

Do you really want to vote for any of the guys who didn't see this economic crisis and soon to follow monetary crisis coming? Do you want to vote for the current guy who has tripled the US debt?

Me, I'll vote for the guy who predicted this and who has a plan to cut $1 Trillion in real spending the first year alone while re-establishing the US Constitution as the law of the land and recinding previous POTUSs unConstitutional Executive Orders.

Ron Paul 2012!
Cannot argue with stubborn people. I know someone very good who happens to have a job in economics. We know this person very well, thru some friends. We vistied on a night he was over our friends home.

He says, economy should of picked up way before now, that we should be doing way better. And as a year ago, we should of been doing much better. And some other things i cannot repeat at this time. I wish i could i wish i could.
Things are not always what they seem, that is all i will say!
I learned something i did not know, and if true, i totally am in complete shock.
I doubt seriously that Obama is going to roll thru to 2016, maybe roll down a cliff the economy even more but that is about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh yes. Trust your gut. Pay no attention to facts. It's the Republican way. George W. Bush and Sarah Palin would be proud.

For those of us who prefer to deal with reality, there's lots of good news.

Nasdaq 3000 Is Rally's Latest Milestone - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120229-715701.html - broken link)

The economy is improving, and Republicans are furious about it.

Pumped up with zero percent fed funds.

What are stocks worth in gold?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gold.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	91923

Now that's reality!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Attachment 91923

Now that's reality!
Most people in America don't know that the only TRUE AND REAL money in America is gold and silver.

Compared to gold and silver the dollar has stalled for 25 years and our economy has gone nowhere since Nixon was president.

How many gold coins would it take to buy a $200,000 house?

The same number of coins as it would have been 40 years ago.

Why is that?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
As I said: "Good luck with that".
UE rate falling, job creation increasing, the GOP imploding...

The UE rate will be in the low 7% range by November - just like it was for Reagan.

I LIKE IT!

Ken

Not exactly Ken.

Reagan was forgiven his high unemployment number (7.2%) because everything else was coming up roses.

Inflation was down ten points.

The inflation adjusted price of a gallon of gas was $2.60.

Unemployment declined 3.6% in just two years.

The civilian labor force participation rate had never been higher.

Annualized increases in GDP topped 9%.

The misery index was cut in half.

All this great economic news and we were at peace.

Even if official unemployment is close to the 7.2% Reagan won a second term on, the rest of the economic picture is pretty bleak for ordinary voters.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The economy is not strengthening. This is the quiet before the storm. The printing presses for the euro are smoking hot to the tune of $500 Billion in an attempt to hold the eurozone together. China is printing as well while their economy begins to faulter due to decrease demand for goods from Western markets. Money is pouring in to the US stockmarkets as a result of that, low bond yields and a continued soft real estate market with the other shoe about to drop. Gas prices are headed up, up, up and Obama wants it that way.

Remember in 2008 one day we were at DOW 14000+ and then, without warning from the MSM or POTUS candidates, the bottom fell out.

Do you really want to vote for any of the guys who didn't see this economic crisis and soon to follow monetary crisis coming? Do you want to vote for the current guy who has tripled the US debt?

Me, I'll vote for the guy who predicted this and who has a plan to cut $1 Trillion in real spending the first year alone while re-establishing the US Constitution as the law of the land and recinding previous POTUSs unConstitutional Executive Orders.

Ron Paul 2012!
And you're throwing away your vote if vote for Ron Paul. He is the Ross Perot of 2012.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL - an "L" shaped recovery with a quarter of million new jobs last month alone - the greatest number in 5 years.

Ken

Yes FL is boasting that it is leading the nation in new jobs.

The kicker is they're for the most part low paying temporary service industry jobs.

FL is having "season" now. Meaning the snowbirds who arrived in December will be leaving in April/May.

And so will the jobs.

Oh, with the possible exception of Legoland which employs 3,000 mostly minimum wage jobs.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:47 PM

308 posts, read 517,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Attachment 91923

Now that's reality!
Shows why our dollar should still be tied to Gold.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Obama will no doubt get a second term. Mark my words. We will come back this November and look at this post.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
It's not a matter of any type of college education, it is a matter of the type that is missing

Everyone and I mean everyone should be able to handle basic trigonometry, algebra, simple thermodynamics, Newtonian physics, basic inorganic and organic chemistry and cell biology when they get out of high school.
I agree with the type statement but trig etc?

Your kidding right? What good will this do for the economy. People should learn economics, the difference between an asset and a liability, how one effects the other, compound interest, how to read balance sheet, cash flow. Balance a checkbook would be nice just to name a few. Run home finance like a business.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

They are deliberately trying to depress you into believing the narrative.
Already going to the "MSM" conspiracy theory because you can see a loss on the horizon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies