Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,603,039 times

Advertisements

You felt that you were going over the line but said you were crossig the line?What reasoning. I personally think its best for thsoe who you teach to know where you stand really.Why hide your bias.I thnik it would be betetr for jopurnalist to do the same rather than say they are impartial when its quite obvousd if you hear them enough where they stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 PM

391 posts, read 512,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There are many myths about home schooled children and this is one of the most common. The home schooled children I know have actually been exposed to more cultural, political, and academic diversity then I was as a public school student. The reasons people home school are varied. Not all home schools are religious based. Some parents worry about safety. Having the freedom to show their child the world in a dynamic way is another benefit. The home schooled children I know were in a Christian environment, are bilingual, interested in a wide array of subjects, have musical ability, and are very well read. Their grades in college are excellent. This describes many public school children as well. It is benefical to do some research on homeschooling rather then subscribe to the stereotypes opponents generally use.
I agree with your statement. And, even as a public school teacher, I would love to homeschool my child. If, I were weathly (which people think that I am as a teacher) I would (because I have the knowledge and background to do so) teach my own child. But, I have to enhance my child's learning experience in my home, outside of school, after he comes home. Why is this so hard?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
I'm glad you're out of the closet, but my suspicion is that you're like the guy who loves to bake, disco dance to Cher and wear pink -- your identity probably wasn't as secret as you thought it was. You have a degree in history and civics. Of course you are a Democrat. Only a completely ignorant fool or a filthy rich bastard would associate with the modern Republican party.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,299,693 times
Well there is always the third party candidates for president. I find this democrat vs republican stuff extremely annoying and is intentionally used to divide and play both sides off against each other. Bill Still looks like the best presidential candidate to me.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,927,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm glad you're out of the closet, but my suspicion is that you're like the guy who loves to bake, disco dance to Cher and wear pink -- your identity probably wasn't as secret as you thought it was. You have a degree in history and civics. Of course you are a Democrat. Only a completely ignorant fool or a filthy rich bastard would associate with the modern Republican party.
I have a degree in history - am by no means rich - and am a registered Republican.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,388,793 times
A democratic teacher? How is this controversial?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
For YEARS (15+) I have taught history and civics without EVER telling my students my personal political views. I have always refused to answer the questions "who did you vote for" or what do you think about...". I have always presented (and will continue to do so) both sides fairly and acurately. I even have had kids in the past give me books like "Tears of a Clown" by Glenn Beck and "Godless: The Church of Liberalism" by Coulter to read. Many of them probably assumed that I was conservative because I did't hide the fact that I was a Christian. I never wanted to have any influence on them by stating my own peference.

I have now come out of the closet, and will admit I'm a Democrat, because of the Republican candidates (not including Ron Paul). I've done this because I don't want them to think that I would have anything to do with these..... well, I'll be nice and call them people. I will now let them know that I will vote Obama. I will let them know that I like Ron Paul and respect his views, and I could be happy with him as president (but he's a bit radical).

The right wing has just gotten insane and I won't allow any of my students to have the mistaken idea that I would support any of them.
Your students thought you were on the right because you presented both sides accurately. Just as soon as you stop presenting both sides they'll know without a doubt you're a liberal democrat.

*snickers*

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have a degree in history - am by no means rich - and am a registered Republican.
Was it a very special school for very special people?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM

391 posts, read 512,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Love to bake, hate pink and am woman so... out of the closet I've been a woman the whole time. I think I have been soooooo great at what I do that you couldn't figure that I'm a woman, you agrogant piece of ****

Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,036,876 times
If the kids have a strong mind they won't give a hoot what your political preferences are. The better minds of today weigh things and have the most important trait and that is common sense.

The problem with this country is there are so many shallow thinkers and just repeat what they hear . Too bad because liberalism is really me-ism which makes for no character building at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies