Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
how can it be made in the USA and be "scotch" tape?........... usurper endinburg-born tape !!!!!!!!

We need the long form birf certificate.

To the Supreme Court...and don't spare the horses!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett
Yes, yes and yes. Obama has to be completely held accountable about his elusive shady past.
What shady past are you referring to? If the earth-shattering tape is the one that I saw on the news last night, it's a nothing. It showed a young Law Review President Obama making a powerful speech defending the first black professor at Harvard. So? Where is the bombshell?

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-09-2012 at 07:14 AM..

Old 03-09-2012, 06:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What shady past are you referring to? If the earth-shattering tape is the one that I saw on the news last night, it's a nothing. It showed a young Law Revue President Obama making a powerful speech defending the first black professor at Harvard. So? Where is the bombshell?
The bombshell is there is no bombshell.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
What shady past are you referring to? If the earth-shattering tape is the one that I saw on the news last night, it's a nothing. It showed a young Law Revue President Obama making a powerful speech defending the first black professor at Harvard. So? Where is the bombshell?

...pssst, there isn't one.

..keep it to yourself...

Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
You forget, he also befriended another who had given a speech some time before, where that guy said there was racism in the USA ..... Duh ... now there is a bombshell?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
So, we have 15 pages of comments and there is nothing there. Is that the size of it? It's truly a sign of GOP desperation.

There is racism in America? The GOP is desperate? In the words of Iago [the sarcastic Parrot from Disney 's Aladdin,] "I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise!"

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 AM

Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
So, we have 15 pages of comments and there is nothing there. Is that the size of it? It's truly a sign of GOP desperation.

There is racism in America? The GOP is desperate? In the words of Iago [the sarcastic Parrot from Disney 's Aladdin,] "I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from not surprise!"

Just gives the sane people an opportunity to point and laugh at the continuing nonsense.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 AM

408 posts, read 607,543 times
Barack Obama's presidency, though not perfect, has exceeded the expectations of moderates and, for the left, well he's done a fairly remarkable job given how uncooperative the other party has been. Killing OBL, effectively handling the Arab spring, effectively deterring Iran, bringing troops home are just some of the things he's done to please BOTH sides (excluding the loony bible bin of course). DADT repeal, Healthcare reform, and whatever else outrages evangelicals are some of his achievements in liberal's eyes.

So what is the right wing to do? They're coming off 8 years with the worst president of all time, and Obama has had an excellent first term. In other words, repubs are in the dumps, more so than they've ever been. Karl rove's head must be exploding. Given this position of weakness, it's no surprise we've seen the emergence of nut jobs like Breitbart, Beck and the rest. The cycle of debate MUST go on, despite the conservative movement being in a period of reflection/utter confusion. Until it finds itself, we'll have to deal with more of the bigoted trash on the front lines. These front-liners, tea baggers and the likes, just help the right seem 'outraged' when the big boys, the billionnaires and Rovian strategists, carefully look to establish future positions of electability.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm under the impression many behind-the-scenes Republican ideologues and strategists were quite relieved by Breitbart's passing. The less crazy the right wing looks to the average American, the better it will be for their party.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:41 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm under the impression many behind-the-scenes Republican ideologues and strategists were quite relieved by Breitbart's passing. The less crazy the right wing looks to the average American, the better it will be for their party.
Just like Glenn Beck. Sometimes the useful idiots get too big for their britches, and thus become liabilities to the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies