Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 03:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Limbaugh, Sharpton, Jackson, all charlatans and willing to exploit divisions to enrich themselves. The difference is that Sharpton, and Jackson especially are not respected by their peers. Limbaugh is an honored speaker at CPAC
As memory serves both jackson and Sharpton spoke at ralleys for Obama.
My point stands.. They are the same breed of scam artist. Rush may be better at it, but at the same time he isn't manipulating poor people to donate to his cause which is to grow his personal wealth. Rush is pretty up front about the fact he is getting very wealthy from his work. I am no fan of Rush or any other talk show host. I don't need anyone to think for me. Unfortunately most people are too lazy to form their own opinions.
How else can we explain party hardliners????????
Case in point. The same people who defend Obama over gas prices were distorting twisting and at times lying about GWB and gas prices. The same folks pounding Obama on gas prices fought tooth and nail to defend GWB on the issue.
As a child I was taught accountability. My dad accepted very few excuses. I don't blame anyone for poor decisions that I have made or my mistakes. I look in the mirror and say damn.
Cosby nailed it. Not just in regards to the black community but society as a whole.
13 year old kids with tats and face piercings? Where are the parents? The excuse ohhhhh you need to let them express themselves. No you need to save them from their poor decision making. At 13 who thinks about what a prospective employer will think on first impression?
We have created an entitlment minded society... Its always someone elses fault, and its the feds job to save us.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
In 2006 Jesse Jackson was voted "the most important black leader" in a poll of his peers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Jackson

How interesting. I was never surveyed for this poll. Nor do I consider Jesse my leader. I am very smart and quite capable of independent though; I have zero need for a black leader.

It sounds like you are more fascinated with Jesse than any black person could ever hope to be.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
How interesting. I was never surveyed for this poll. Nor do I consider Jesse my leader. I am very smart and quite capable of independent though; I have zero need for a black leader.

It sounds like you are more fascinated with Jesse than any black person could ever hope to be.
Yeah because clicking on a Wiki link and reading 2 lines is total obsession. Just how pathetic can you get?

Old 03-03-2012, 04:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
Link? I've said many things about ATL and Detroit being ****holes but I don't recall saying anything about evolution.
Here you go.

Quote:
Um, perhaps because we evolved into being a civilized species that does rip each other limb from limb in a contest to see who gets the most fertile female?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace
Haven't been to Detroit or Atlanta lately have you?
Why does the left support Darwinism in science...

Old 03-03-2012, 04:08 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Yeah because clicking on a Wiki link and reading 2 lines is total obsession. Just how pathetic can you get?
Not sure, but you're doing a pretty good job setting the record.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
So I was right, I didn't say anything about evolution and you were wrong. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not sure, but you're doing a pretty good job setting the record.
Don't be mad at me because they didn't send you the survey about Jesse Jackson, it's pretty common not to survey people who are incarcerated or don't file income taxes.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
So, to sum up the thread:

OP: "Why do negros hate Bill Cosby for telling kids to stay in school and not get knocked up?"

Every black person on City-Data: "um, negros? And most black people like Bill Cosby."

White people: " No you don't, and here's some third-rate academic (Michael Eric Dyson, Boyce Watkins, etc) to prove it."

So, yeah, the OP's assumption is false.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
So, to sum up the thread:

OP: "Why do negros hate Bill Cosby for telling kids to stay in school and not get knocked up?"

Every black person on City-Data: "um, negros? And most black people like Bill Cosby."

White people: " No you don't, and here's some third-rate academic (Michael Eric Dyson, Boyce Watkins, etc) to prove it."

So, yeah, the OP's assumption is false.
Negros? Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Old 03-03-2012, 04:14 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
So I was right, I didn't say anything about evolution and you were wrong. Thanks.
You responded to somebody who said "we evolved into being a civilized species that does rip each other limb from limb in a contest to see who gets the most fertile female?" by saying "Haven't been to Detroit or Atlanta lately have you?"

Your post implies that people from Atlanta and Detroit are somehow less evolved than people from elsewhere in the country.

Ah look at that I found another post in which you dehumanize people from Atlanta and Detroit!

Quote:
That is what I'm saying now, there are huge numbers of uncivilized people in Atlanta and Detroit. What are you not understanding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies