Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Put words in my mouth eh?

Try learning to read sometime

I did not say ban it, but rather that people defend it as being music rather than call it what it is these days... garbage

I am sure you will misread this post as well though.... next you will be saying I am a racist probably
Quiet, racist, your opinion doesn't matter here.

I don't want to take us off topic, but it's a little hypocritical to sit in the peanut gallery and talk about other peoples' tastes in music. Whatever you listen to is crap too. If it wasn't performed by a deaf German, I'm not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:51 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
the religious right wants to ban everything. It is funny that they claim to be anti big government. It is funny that they think that they are similar to the founders of this country, you know...the ones who didn't believe in God and made sure religion and government are separate.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Obviously these people turn into mindless animals when attending.
Why is that?

Shooting at Arizona Club Leaves 13 Hurt - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2108245,00.html - broken link)
I think they should ban schools too, while you are at it. Did you see the story last week about the kid that killed 4 people at a school in Ohio?

People turn into mindless animals at school....when attending. Why is that? At least no one got killed at the concert.....so they should prioritize banning schools first.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,246,338 times
A lot of disingenous replies so far... Here in Seattle there are 100+ bars and nightclubs with a wide variety of entertainment. 3 or 4 clubs that attract a mostly black clientele account for almost 100% of the shootings which average about one every weekend. This is pretty much the same situation in every city in the US. One homicide at a massive rock festival 40 years ago doesn't change that.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
A lot of disingenous replies so far... Here in Seattle there are 100+ bars and nightclubs with a wide variety of entertainment. 3 or 4 clubs that attract a mostly black clientele account for almost 100% of the shootings which average about one every weekend. This is pretty much the same situation in every city in the US. One homicide at a massive rock festival 40 years ago doesn't change that.
what are you talking about? The white hells angels at the stones concert? The riots at Gun and Roses? The Metallica riots? The lead singer of Pantera getting murdered on stage. yeah...one incident. Just one of the many

Old 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
what are you talking about? The white hells angels at the stones concert? The riots at Gun and Roses? The Metallica riots? The lead singer of Pantera getting murdered on stage. yeah...one incident. Just one of the many
Umm...it was the former guitarist for Pantera, Dimebag Darrel, not the singer, Phil Anselmo.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM

What I am talking about is the extremely high level of gun violence at nightclubs with a young black clientele, no other type of bar or nightclub even comes remotely close. Your examples don't even involve shootings. What are you talking about ibarrio?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
What I am talking about is the extremely high level of gun violence at nightclubs with a young black clientele, no other type of bar or nightclub even comes remotely close. Your examples don't even involve shootings. What are you talking about ibarrio?
Your evidence for this claim?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 PM

google "nightclub shooting"

Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
At least another 1000 rap music concerts last night, and every other night before that.

What percentage have violence at them? I've seen someone get stabbed at a rock concert, should we just ban all live music?
Don't like rap, wouldn't find me near it but BAN concerts? Or the music? Since some small percentage of ANY group will cause trouble and be unruly, why don't we just ban all public gatherings, and we wouldn't have any more problems.

Gotta start with folk music. Just listen to the words to some of the songs, like Wild Colonial Boy, about an escaped indenentured convict (slave) in Australia who with his band robs the privilidged. No law and order there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies