Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:37 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Chris, did you just say that Obama and Sebelius didn't try to force Catholics to pay for contraception although they both knew that Catholics believe so much different than that? Did you manage to see them doing something other than taking a swing at a Christian group in hopes the Bishops would sit back and let them get by with it? If so, can you tell me why after a weekend to think about it The Man changed to forcing insurance companies to pay for population control?

Hang in there because The One is losing his butt with this one and may well get it slapped off because of that one.
Actually what I saw was an administration trying to push on with the stipulations of the Affordable Health Care Act which will bring ONE minimum standard of care to all employees in the U.S. This part would require that "business" provide this minimum standard of care through their health insurance. He was not forcing churches to do this, he was forcing profitable and non-profitable businesses owned by the Catholic Church to provide a standard of care for its employees. He should not have backed off. Next thing you know, the Jehovah's Witness company I might work for won't pay for my blood transfusion. Slippery slope when you start giving employers of the general population loopholes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 05:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
GOP: Dems 'played games' over Sandra Fluke | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Interesting little read. I still believe that this 30 year old activist was used (and im sure she didnt mind) by the Democrats. She was used solely for political purposes.

Something else to remember, no one was even talking about birth control until Obama brought this whole thing up. He is doing nothing more than playing pathetic political games. The goal, which has been successful so far, is to put something out there he knew many would be upset over, and the overall focus would shift from his record, the economy, gas, jobs, etc to this silly thing over bc.
Absolutely. This was orchestrated, and it was for a distraction and to create fear among women voters and bring them back to Obama.

But most aren't that stupid. They know the game the Democrats are playing.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yep, the women are playing games with Rush as well. You think the Dems are taking advantage of their passion, "You Bet'cha" and they will do whatever they can to make it spread and become louder. Thanks Rush, keep it up!
There have been many women call the Rush Limbaugh show since this floozy Fluke dog and pony show began. All have been in agreement with Rush, including agreeing with his comments about her personally. There has been not one angry woman calling him out (and yes, he does take those calls ... he relishes them).

On my Face Book page are many female 'friends'. They have been prolific in their support of Rush, and their condemnation of companies like Carbonite, who have let themselves be used by the left, and bowed to pressure brought primarily from "Think Progress", which initiated a campaign to contact Rush Limbaugh's sponsors. I would guess few of these people are Carbonite customers.

Carbonite would be nothing today, were it not for the Rush Limbaugh show.

I have personally sent a letter to Carbonite and expressed my disgust that they have climbed into bed with the radical left, and are contributing to their efforts to silence free speech in America, and particularly the voices of conservatives.

As a small business owner, in the Web Design business, I had been considering that I might subscribe to Carbonite. That is no longer an option for me. I cannot support a company that can so easily be manipulated and used as a tool by the left.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Limbaugh is a pathetic idiot, nothing new there...talking head nobody like most on the am radiowaves.

But have all the liberal commentators that called Palin the "c" word apologize as well? I know that two wrongs dont make a right, but the double standard is blatantly obvious, and the next election will prove that.
Rush Limbaugh isn't "pathetic" nor is he an idiot, and calling him names only makes you look like a fool.

Rush's show is the most popular radio talk show ever to be on the air. He made talk radio what it is today.

Rush is intelligent, insightful, and his assessment and comments about this contrived "controversy" over b.c. and floozy Fluke have been right on target. He has understood this attempt to obfuscate the issue with regard to Obama's "health care" mandate since the very first day. Virtually all of the legacy media have missed the point, or have purposely avoided it, choosing instead to perpetuate leftist calumnies that Republican wish to ban birth control!

Sadly, Carbonite has chosen to make it's bed with the left.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I have never heard one say that, but my exposure to AM radio is limited to mostly NPR.
It has been said. Bill Maher, for one.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Difference is that Palin was and IS a public figure, previously on the Repub ticket for VPOTUS while
Sandra Fluke is a private citizen, politicians are fodder for comedians like Maher.
Sandra (floozy) Fluke is a "women's rights" activist. She has been around the block a few times. This is what she does.

She deserves no more protection from public ridicule than those from "Code Pink".

Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There have been many women call the Rush Limbaugh show since this floozy Fluke dog and pony show began. All have been in agreement with Rush, including agreeing with his comments about her personally. There has been not one angry woman calling him out (and yes, he does take those calls ... he relishes them).

I don't know why I bother but...certainly Rush is entitled to his opinion and his freedom of speech. I would never want to stop that. He can say whatever he wants. However, he called the woman two words that won't pass the filter here and insinuated that she was of that ilk just because she used birth control. All that says is that Rush is pushing the line that women who use birth control are promiscuous. That is where Rush went totally off the rails and cheapened what may have been an thoughtful, insightful dialogue. He even made it worse by dramatizing it saying that he thought he should be able to have a sex tape made and he should be able to watch because he was paying for her birth control? Really? You don't think those words are way over the top. If you cannot agree with AT LEAST THAT PART OF IT, then you are very far from being objective in this.

Rush should stick to the issue of his disagreement with the policy. Sure talk about it and say why you disagree. Even, if you don't like Sarah's voice or demeanor or her delivery, call her an fluffheaded bimbo or a dumbass or whatever, but to say that she is a the equivalent of a prostitute because she uses contraception AND we should be able to view her in the act is just really, really stupid. If you agree with those type of remarks then you CANNOT be playing with the full deck of cards, man.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It has been said. Bill Maher, for one.
Bill Maher has an AM radio show. When is it on? I want to listen.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm a moderate R--I hate to say it, but political commentators on the liberal side haven't gone as low as Rush just did.

Ed Schultz called Palin a bimbo, and he was taken off the air and suspended for a week by MSNBC when he called Laura Ingraham a "right wing sl*t." I can't stand Ed Schultz, but in his defense, he never implied that Laura Ingraham was sexually promiscuous--that's very clear from the conversation when he used the term. He used the term in the context of being a "political wh*re"--a term that means that you'll defend or support any behavior or any candidate as long as it's for your party, and you'll attack the other side for doing what your side does as well. It's still an inappropriate term, no matter how it's used. Bill Maher is the one who said the "C" word regarding Sarah Palin. He isn't a political commentator--he's a comedian--and nothing happened to him because he's on HBO and doesn't have to deal with sponsors. I refuse to watch his show.

Bottom line--what those liberals said was awful and disgusting--there is no excuse for it. What Rush said was worse.
Rush's comments, in context, were not offensive. He used the term in a figurative sense. I heard them all.

Further, not one female caller disagreed with him. Not one.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Limbaugh is a pathetic idiot, nothing new there...talking head nobody like most on the am radiowaves.

But have all the liberal commentators that called Palin the "c" word apologize as well? I know that two wrongs dont make a right, but the double standard is blatantly obvious, and the next election will prove that.

I am in no way, shape or form a Palin supporter, but I remember when the liberals were calling her pregnant daughter a **** and a *****.

Also, when Bush was in office his daughters were called the same.

Now this message board is censoring words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies