Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times

Advertisements

Does that mean that 52% percent of Americans that don't pay federal income tax will decrease ?
Isn't that a good thing that more pay taxes to a government that doesn't know how to stop spending ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 01:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
True story, have a democrat friend who will now not be voting for Obama, he is pissed. Just got a sizeable bonus from his work. I don't care what the amount of the bonus was, how much he actually had to pay to Uncle Sam.
And for all of you who think so what who cares, not your money we are talking about, if this were, some of you would feel different, no matter what you say here.

Uncle Sam just took $70,000 from this hardworking Man's bonus, and on top of that had to pay $8,000 why i am not sure.
He is not a happy camper right now. He is furious and he is pissed, because he earned every penny of his bonus, and thensome.
You guys can say what ever you want, you don't make the top brack money as some, if you did, i guarantee, you would feel different about your money.

There are acutal people out there, who work hard for where they are in life, they should not be penalize anymore, then those taking freebies!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:45 PM

576 posts, read 585,263 times
Well if they pay 0 and you raise it 20% then they still pay 0.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThrillIsGone View Post
Well if they pay 0 and you raise it 20% then they still pay 0.
And if people continue that for a long time they are also worth IMO zero to this country unless they are elderly or disabled.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Ok, but that doesn't hurt me. What other programs is he going to cut for the middle class that would garner a majority of people not voting for him?

President Obama rarely talks about raising taxes on the wealthy, because its negative against a small percentage, and doesn't really effect everyone else. Now, if you start about cutting programs that most people support, and then not raising taxes on the rich who don't need them, thats a good political message. So, if Romney raises taxes on the bottom 20%, that doesn't effect me, where is he planning on cutting along with that, how does that effect me?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
I'm in no way voting for Obama, but one thing I don't agree on raising taxes for the bottom % of the nation is because the money you cut into. Remember, the money you tax on the rich is not really affecting them how it affects the working class citizen. Every dollar you cut away from a working class citizen is cutting right into their food, health insurance and every day life. If you tax a multi millionaire, he is not going to have a harder time buying food for his family or have trouble paying for necessities.

The working class citizens are not expendable people who you can just push around and force to the streets because you think you're better than them because you work an office job and have a degree. The more you tax the working class, the less money they have and the more assistance they are going to look for, which in turn leads to more government spending.

What SHOULD be done is a tax cut on the lower tiers and CUT SPENDING. I don't think the rich should be taxed higher, but what has to be done is less government spending. All of these government programs are wasting our money, and on top of that run completely inefficently. We need more privatization, more tax cuts along the board allowing for more spending money for the RICH AND POOR.

We need to stop pointing fingers, the working class has to stop looking at the rich to foot the bill and the rich has to stop looking at the poor like they are not real people. If this keeps up, this beautiful country will undoubetly turn into a wasteland filled with more hatred than we've ever seen.

But what do I know

Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,649,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
True story, have a democrat friend who will now not be voting for Obama, he is pissed. Just got a sizeable bonus from his work. I don't care what the amount of the bonus was, how much he actually had to pay to Uncle Sam.
And for all of you who think so what who cares, not your money we are talking about, if this were, some of you would feel different, no matter what you say here.

Uncle Sam just took $70,000 from this hardworking Man's bonus, and on top of that had to pay $8,000 why i am not sure.
He is not a happy camper right now. He is furious and he is pissed, because he earned every penny of his bonus, and thensome.
You guys can say what ever you want, you don't make the top brack money as some, if you did, i guarantee, you would feel different about your money.

There are acutal people out there, who work hard for where they are in life, they should not be penalize anymore, then those taking freebies!
I'd be pissed too!!! Obama snuck the income tax right under your friends nose!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,571,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Sounds like a fake story. What does this have to do with Romney's tax plan?

Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,649,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Sounds like a fake story. What does this have to do with Romney's tax plan?
It's clearly not a fake story. Obama invented the income tax. This "friend" has probably never heard of it before he had his bonus "taken".

Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,742,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
What would you expect from a wealthy elitist? According to Romney he paid everything owed on his taxes and that amounted to 13.9% of his gross and "not a dime more." Whereas Main street folks were paying about 30% taxes on their meager $30-$50k and not a dime less.
tax records show Romney will pay $6.2 million in taxes on a total of $42.5 million in income over the years 2010 and 2011.

3 Million dollars per year in taxes. When is it enough?

The money he used in the investments for which he had capital gains, was that not also taxed?

Romney paid what he owed. Should he pay more because the federal government spends money irresponsibly?

Is it Romney's fault the feds were enabling people to buy houses they couldn't afford?

I am not a big Romney supporter. I just get tired of the jealousy over someone's success. This is the USA. We are supposed to be free to make as much as we want.

The poor, with exception, are poor because of the decisions they make, not because Romney makes twenty some million a year.

Also, there are not many poor Democrats in Washington either. Obama has done quite well for a public servant, as have our congress critters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies