Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,289,843 times

Advertisements

REPORT: U.S. Military Spending Has Almost Doubled Since 2001 | ThinkProgress

Every year, increased. Military spending increased in 2011 as well, and it will increase for the next 5 years, all be it, at a slower rate of increase then before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,681,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you have a handy chart for 2010 or 2011?
You made the inane comparison with China, I suggest you back it up.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You made the inane comparison with China, I suggest you back it up.
I already posted the 2010 and 2011 charts for him.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I already posted the 2010 and 2011 charts for him.
You are too kind, assuming the burden of proof that way. Let's see if he comes back.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,219,148 times
Quote:
The United States has increased military spending every year the Obama administration has been in office.

In the last three years, we've been the ONLY country in the world increasing military spending.

I doubt that makes him "anti-military"
Exactly. And we ALREADY have a military as large as all the other militaries in the world, put together! I guess our leaders haven't yet figured out that modern success is accomplished through economic, rather than military means.

I'll bet that we'll still be funding a HUGE military (that doesn't defend our borders, but loves multiple foreign wars), even after we've abandoned Social Security, Medicare, and every other program that gives something BACK to those it takes money from.

Somehow the powers-that-be have convinced the average idiot that waging a foreign war is the SOLUTION to terrorism, rather than the CAUSE of it. Why can't we try a "time out" from all the idiotic wars, and stop bankrupting ourselves so quickly? What's the worst that could happen--China will take us over? Too late, and how did our oversized military help in any way?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,129,444 times
Quote:
REPORT: U.S. Military Spending Has Almost Doubled Since 2001 | ThinkProgress

Every year, increased. Military spending increased in 2011 as well, and it will increase for the next 5 years, all be it, at a slower rate of increase then before.
I think your words tell me enough to not worry about reading your link since it comes from one of the Soros sites.

What do all the words from the Pentagon about how much they are cutting the military budget mean? I guess Panetta's words along that line are just a bunch of lies to convince people that good old Prince Barack is really cutting down on military spending. I will keep this in mind since TP (could stand for toilet paper, in this case) is saying just the opposite of Panetta.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,535,221 times
Our Military spending has little to do with any foreign threat to the US. It is simply the biggest WELFARE program on the planet. It has provided millions of jobs and multi billion dollar profits.

FWIW - According to the book "Greedy Bastards" the Pentagon has over 24,000 employees spending over 4.2 billion dollars convincing our leaders and us that the Pentagon is sacred. They are using our money to sell themselves to us. Now that is a good deal if you can get it.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM

256 posts, read 206,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Somehow the powers-that-be have convinced the average idiot that waging a foreign war is the SOLUTION to terrorism, rather than the CAUSE of it. Why can't we try a "time out" from all the idiotic wars, and stop bankrupting ourselves so quickly? What's the worst that could happen--China will take us over? Too late, and how did our oversized military help in any way?
Not only that they have tied military spending patriotism. What patriotic about spending billions picking up tab for other countries defense? Read to comment section too many American buy this cheap, false bravdo when ever there taling cutting the military that your "weak" or "appeaser". It's like being on a grade school playground.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I think your words tell me enough to not worry about reading your link since it comes from one of the Soros sites.

What do all the words from the Pentagon about how much they are cutting the military budget mean? I guess Panetta's words along that line are just a bunch of lies to convince people that good old Prince Barack is really cutting down on military spending. I will keep this in mind since TP (could stand for toilet paper, in this case) is saying just the opposite of Panetta.
Roy, I think it's time for you to bring numbers or admit you're wrong...

Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:

The pentagon is complaining about cutting the rate of increase.

Roy, come on man, read something. There is tons of information about how much we are spending, how much everyone else is spending, and that we are still increasing our military spending. Maybe not at a rate that the Pentagon would like, but its increasing nonetheless.

To quote a famous politician "We're broke". I'd love to continue spending like a drunken sailor, but we are broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies